Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bags to Carry in the Theme Parks

Quote Originally Posted by itsmeamanda View Post
    Fortunately my insurance covered mine! Only had to pay the deductible ($100).
    Fantastic! I probably no longer qualify for mine. I lost 60lbs (worked very hard to do it!) after baby #3 and am still fighting the mountains! Even in a healthy weight range, I'm full figured and have equally difficult times finding clothing, maybe more so! Small numbers with big letters are pricey!

Meredith: Thank you for reminding me that I need to double check my bags! I don't think I want to take my diaper bag... but the idea of having everything in the stroller fit into one water-proofed bag is great. So I'm going to have to think and maybe do a little bargain shopping for bags. ;)
    WDW: April 2015
    WDW: May 2013
    Morgan 15 Colin 6 Jenna 4

Husband carries the backpack - kid and I sometimes take on sherpa duty, but he usually doesn't mind. It's a Patagonia (can't remember the style, but it's one of the smaller packs). If I carry a bag, it's a Kavu Keeper. That's the rare cross-body that doesn't give me the aforementioned mountain path treatment. I had a Baggalini. Carried it once. Hated it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Is this the same Overland donner bag some of you mentioned? It seems small (10 x 7)...So, I was making sure before I order one! I want something for my stuff...DH will carry backback as needed!

Thanks!!
    http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ly-trip-to-WDW

Jan 2004 All star Music (DD: 7, 5, 2)
    May/June 2006 All Star Music (DD: 10, 7, 5)
    June 2008 POR (DD: 12, 9, 7)
    June 2010 POR and Poly (DD: 14, 11, 8)
    June 2013 Windsor Hills (DD: 17, 14, 12)
    June 11-20 2015 Hard Rock House, Indian Creek (DD: 19, 16, 14)
    Disneyland-June 2017 (DD: 21, 18, 16)

dawn
    Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    Just a warning about cross body bags. If you're shall we say well endowed, it'll split "the girls" in a rather unflattering way. You'll have pictures of this for years to come. Here's my favourite example of what I'm talking about.
    May I say Trudy that there are pictures of me in this type of situation, that's why my hubby always carries the big bag (if we take one) and I have a pouch!!..your so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    I have bought a dozen bags over the years for my Disney trips, but I always go back to this one. http://www.ebags.com/product/overlan...der-bag/140202 To me, it is the ultimate park bag. Plenty of room for everything you need, easy to carry and the 2 side pockets are perfect for water bottles!
    I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I bought this bag last month (based on your review) for the up-coming trip, but decided to put it into service a bit early to carry my nurse's gear. AWESOME!!! I'll definately use it for Disney, but it's going to get so much use beyond the trip. Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by memphismom View Post

Is this the same Overland donner bag some of you mentioned? It seems small (10 x 7)...So, I was making sure before I order one! I want something for my stuff...DH will carry backback as needed!

Thanks!!
    That's the one. Very functional and well organized

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneMoreTime View Post
    That's the one. Very functional and well organized

Thank you!! I just ordered it.

My family went to the zoo yesterday and my purse just wasn't working. I said to my DH "i need a cross-over bag, that is water resistant, big enough for the camera, snacks and a water bottle, with nice straps." and it looks like this bag is exactly that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessmela View Post
    Just stumbled across these and they're pretty cute: http://www.lesportsac.com/smallworld/iasw_shop.html
    Oh man...too freakin' cute! The second one down on this page is totes adorbs: http://www.lesportsac.com/store/iasw/iasw_2376.html
    Clayton

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by memphismom View Post

Thanks!!
    Yes! It carries a ton despite the small size. I love it!

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneMoreTime View Post
    I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I bought this bag last month (based on your review) for the up-coming trip, but decided to put it into service a bit early to carry my nurse's gear. AWESOME!!! I'll definately use it for Disney, but it's going to get so much use beyond the trip. Thank you so much!!
    I'm so glad to hear that! I use mine all of the time too.

Like me on Facebook!

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    For anyone that would like the good padding that many backpack straps have, but you don't want to lug around a full-size pack, check out kids backpacks at REI and from companies like Camelbak. Most are made of ripstop nylon, so they're lightweight and they look nice. These aren't book bags, but day hiking packs.

I found they had much more comfortable straps than the smaller purse/backpack options. Sometimes it's tough finding one that's not bright pink or blue, but I have one in a dark purple and black that doesn't look like I've raided a kid's closet to find it.

So, my sister (columbiamom) e-mailed me to tell me she had already ordered the overland bag for our upcoming trip....we both ordered the same color!!!

I just got my bag and I love it!! Thanks for posting it!!

I just ordered the overland bag from ebags for $28.79 - there are a few discontinued colors at that price. I'm so excited! We're not back at WDW until September but we're going to the Bronx Zoo on mother's day so looking forward to trying it out then! Thank you for the recommendation, it looks like a great bag.

If we're not taking a stroller, we usually don't take ANYTHING that we can't stuff in our pockets. I usually wear cargo shorts and a button-up shirt, so I'll usually have some trail mix packets and Mio in a pocket, iPhone and FastPasses in my chest pocket (moved to a zippered pocket when I go on rides), external battery pack and cable in another pocket, and we're set. What else could you need?

It also has the advantage of being able to skip the bag check lines. :)

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    I had a baggallini messanger bag, used it, hated it, sold it, bought another............ I guess I figured if everyone was raving about it, it must be great. I dont know. I used it last trip, still not my favorite. Its great for the plane~big enough for ipad, snacks, books etc, but there is something about it in the park that I dont like.
    I think I prefer the crossover bags, even though the messenger bag kinda is, it's more like a backpack I think. It might be too hot on my back (we always go in August). I wanted to buy that crossover bag yesterday that Trudy posted the link to for $29 but I have a bazillion bags so I just couldnt do it. So now I am stuck with my baggallini messenger for another WDW trip.
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    I had a baggallini messanger bag, used it, hated it, sold it, bought another............ I guess I figured if everyone was raving about it, it must be great. I dont know. I used it last trip, still not my favorite. Its great for the plane~big enough for ipad, snacks, books etc, but there is something about it in the park that I dont like.
    I think I prefer the crossover bags, even though the messenger bag kinda is, it's more like a backpack I think. It might be too hot on my back (we always go in August). I wanted to buy that crossover bag yesterday that Trudy posted the link to for $29 but I have a bazillion bags so I just couldnt do it. So now I am stuck with my baggallini messenger for another WDW trip.
    I bought the baggalini one too that everyone loved, but I didn't like it at all. I'm so glad that I already found my perfect bag and don't have to keep buying more! haha Even though I am tempted to buy it in another color...

Like me on Facebook!

Merida
    I have a slim crossbody bag that I love, which I plan on using again. It looks small, but I still manage to lose things inside it, if I don't keep it organized :)

I'm very, very picky. I can't have anything with thick, wide straps and nothing that touches my back. I thought about the baggallni, but I think it would drive me crazy for these reasons?!

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Katie, that's so funny because I want wide straps and would rather have a backpack than something cross-body or hanging off of one shoulder. No wonder there's no one "perfect" bag for us all!

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    I bought the baggalini one too that everyone loved, but I didn't like it at all. I'm so glad that I already found my perfect bag and don't have to keep buying more! haha Even though I am tempted to buy it in another color...
    So I caved last night and bought the overland one. It is THE LAST thing I need, but I did it anyway. I really have no self control......
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

I bought this and it is perfectly small and holds more then I imagined.... http://www.amazon.com/Outlander-Pack...ander+backpack
    2008: offsite, 2009: Pop Century, 2010: Movies, 2011: Movies, 2012: Pop Century, 2013: Pop Century, 2014: Pop Century,
    2015: AKV-Kidani, 2016: Pop Century, 2017: Pop Century, 2018: Pop Century, 2019: Old Key West

I too got the overlander for my august trip can't wait to use it..
    Karin
    Visiting off and on since the 70's
    And since finding this site in 2013, never go without my ​Easy Guide