Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bags to Carry in the Theme Parks

This thread has made me laugh. Just had to chime in and say that. POS-Doctork! Too funny! I can appreciate the cross over straps from another well endowed woman. I also have a few of those pictures hidden somewhere! Thanks for the chuckles Everyone!

Oh no! And you are coming up on your trip! Let us know how it goes tomorrow!!!

(ETA: reply to CJUERS)
    Amanda
    With DH, DD12, DS9, DD6
    January 19-27, 2013

For years I LOVED my Baggallinni! Then I had three vertebrae in my neck fused and can no longer carry anything heavy. The next year I did a fanny pack...NOT working. So last year I got a smaller cross body bag from Serendipi D . (Minnie Styled) Perfect, loved it... But I only carry a few items.

Good luck in your search.

Nini

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Yea, that's probably why I've never been a fan of the cross-body style. It looks like a freakin' highway through the mountains!
    I don't have that problem
    Janine

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    You will never know how lucky you are. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
    Seriously.
    Brandi

We used those free drawstring bags you get at running events and those worked great. Very light and easy to carry and open.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJUERS View Post
    Thanks all for a few great laughs!! I've had a rough past few days. Nothing like GI issues along with a relentless headache and chest pains to boot. Yup we had a fun few hours in the er last night. Anyways this thread gave me a few chuckles. Let's hope my scope goes well tomorrow.
    BTDT unfortunately. If the chest pain is that bad and feeling like a heart attack (pressure, tightness, shortness of breath, sharp pain, etc) then you've likely got some esephogeal (sp?) spasms going on. Those hurt like a son-of-a-b**ch and feel EXACTLY like heart attacks are described.

With the symptoms you've described in the past and now and other things I think I'm remembering you've said, I really do think it would probably benefit you to give a gluten and dairy free diet a try for a good solid month.

Is that Wyoming? It looks like one of my favorite hikes when I lived there.

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    I agree.

Ann

Is that Wyoming? It looks like one of my favorite hikes when I lived there.
    Oregon, it's the ridge to the top of Mt. Scott above Crater Lake. Where in Wyoming? We love high desert hikes!

Quote Originally Posted by atlgator57 View Post
    We used those free drawstring bags you get at running events and those worked great. Very light and easy to carry and open.
    This is what I use when DH and I go - we don't have kids, so I'm only ever carrying my phone, travel wallet, DH's wallet, camera, light sweater/jacket and bandaids. We save souvenir-shopping until the end of the day/trip so we're never carrying too much around.
    Stacie

Yea, that's probably why I've never been a fan of the cross-body style. It looks like a freakin' highway through the mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    Seriously.
    Yeah, I agree too. Oh wait... wrong conversation. Sorry. Carry on.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Hey, at least we're not talking about pregnancy!

You guys are cracking me up! Yes, that's FOUR laughing icons. Best part: my daughter heard me laughing and she said, "Are you on those Josh boards again?" Five years old--starting her young!
    Meredith

Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMadeEasy
    September 2011 WL+CR; August 2012 BC + Disney's Vero Beach Resort; May 2013 CSR + Disney Dream; April 2014 BWI; October 2014 AoA + Disney Fantasy; August 2015 Disney's Hilton Head Resort; November 2015 POFQ and Universal's Royal Pacific; January 2016 Disney Magic; November 2016 Disney Wonder; December 2016 BLT, BCV, and Universal's Portofino

Quote Originally Posted by NorahS View Post
    I highly recommend getting a bag that you know your DH will take his turn at carrying (ie: nothing with sparkly bits, the color pink or anything that remotely resembles a purse).
    Agreed! I have a baggallini messenger bag in tan/khaki that I really love. I can pass it to DH without any issues. Not too big, not too small. Can be worn cross body, but I usually sling it over my left shoulder.

Just stumbled across these and they're pretty cute: http://www.lesportsac.com/smallworld/iasw_shop.html

I had no idea LeSportSac was still in business! If I get one of those I'll have to dig out my "blondes prefer gentlemen" custom tee shirt, my San Francisco Riding Gear jeans, and my Candies shoes to wear with it.

I'm debating if I want to bring my CamelBack this trip. It has pretty decent storage, is smaller than my go to park backpack and gets lighter as the day progresses. It is also skinnier than the backpack.

Now a problem with backpacks for us guys is it can make our man girls look bigger than we like ;)
    Sorry about the visual there.
    Disney World - Mardi Gras 2013

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    For some reason I don't like backpacks for the parks, can't remember why but I know I have tried and it just didn't work out. I prefer cross-body style bags and have tried multiple kinds but they never seem to sit "right." Either cutting into my neck, awkwardly splitting the not very large "girls", or I am constantly readjusting. Does anyone else have this problem and what have you found to work?

Quote Originally Posted by magic1106 View Post
    For some reason I don't like backpacks for the parks, can't remember why but I know I have tried and it just didn't work out. I prefer cross-body style bags and have tried multiple kinds but they never seem to sit "right." Either cutting into my neck, awkwardly splitting the not very large "girls", or I am constantly readjusting. Does anyone else have this problem and what have you found to work?
    Fannypack?
    :)

Is your cross body bag big? I've found that a small cross body feels better. Or maybe a linger strap?

Great post! I have a Baggallini Messenger Bagg that I bought from one Kings Lane a few weeks ago to use for our upcoming (first!) trip. It looks like a great size, but I don't have first hand experience with it.

I love the highway/mountain comment. I've BTDT but thankfully "altered" the mountains years ago. Best thing I've ever done for my body! :)

I make my kids carry their own EpiPens in their own fanny packs. That way if they end up going somewhere with DH, I know their EpiPens go with them. Plus we always carry a minimum of 2 twin packs (one Epi Jr and one regular), plus the two with Epi in their fanny packs also carry inhalers and a spacer. And there's the Benadryl, too. And the oral prednisone pills individually wrapped in foil, just in case.

I still have a double stroller, so I just use a large shoulder bag with a zipper for my bag. I find it's easiest to carry if it's a lot larger than it needs to be, but I have to resist the temptation to put too much stuff in it. I'm definitely in the crowd that has to avoid the cross-body bags.

I love the highway/mountain comment. I've BTDT but thankfully "altered" the mountains years ago. Best thing I've ever done for my body! :)
    Wish I could justify the cost of "alteration". I'd love to change these mountains to hills.

Wish I could justify the cost of "alteration". I'd love to change these mountains to hills.
    Fortunately my insurance covered mine! Only had to pay the deductible ($100).