Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone checked out the new My Disney Experience online? No more regular FP?

Anyone checked out the new My Disney Experience online? No more regular FP?

Reading the terms and conditions to register right now and the section about exchanging a paper ticket for an RF enabled ticket makes it sound like once you do the exchange you can no longer use regular FP, just FP+. If that's the case, looks like they're working toward discontinuing the regular system. And it looks like you just have to already have tickets, not necessarily be staying onsite to use FP+. You can book FP+ times once it's available 60 days in advance. Big disadvantage to anybody buying tickets at the gate.

This article has some of the details: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/1...-enhancements/

If you go to the disneyworld.com site and click on the button to try the beta site at the top, then you click on My Disney Experience and select register to see the terms and conditions with everything about FP+ and tickets.

ETA: Here's a direct link to the terms and conditions: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...onditions.html
    Last edited by Jessmela; 12-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.

I have read about it a couple of different sites, and I don't really understand how it will work. I admit I haven't been reading many of the posts about the testing of it. I am a planner, but I don't like the idea of planning FP times so far ahead of a trip. I sort of thought it sounded like Fp+ may be some sort of on-site perk, and that they would keep,the current FP system, but I really don't know. I'm not crazy about only being able to have one FP for a given attraction per day (don't remember where I saw that, and if I misunderstood, please feel free to correct me). I'm trying to keep an open mind and really hoping that there will be plenty of good experience and help here before our trip in June.

Steph
    Last edited by Momofpirates; 12-15-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Darn autocorrect!
    Link to June 2018 Trip Report:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d=1#post419048

1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR, 2016 CSR
    2018 Windsor Palms

Quote Originally Posted by Momofpirates View Post
    I'm not crazy about only being able to have one FP for a given attraction per day (don't remember where I saw that, and if I misunderstood, please feel free to correct me).
    As far as I know that's correct and I agree it's kind of a shame. We honestly don't have to use FP all that often for our touring style (with a 2 and 4 yo there's just not all that many FP available attractions we're interested in). But the rides we use them for tend to be ones where we'd like multiples throughout a day: Peter Pan, TSMM. Certainly not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have an allotted number and choose freely which attractions you want.

There is a lot about this in another thread about the new website, where I was discussing that same-day FPs will probably still be available even with FP+. Whether the number of those is limited, or if they will run out in advance, we will have to wait and see. Simply being able to get them from kiosks or a smartphone on the other side of the park will be very nice.

The days of paper tickets are over, whether it's in one swoop or gradual. Not necessarily a bad thing depending on if they can actually keep the "new system" operational. And figure out what to do with grandma and grandpa that don't have cell phones but are staying at the Beach Club for $500/night.

Or those of us from other countries whose cellphones don't work in the U.S. except for wifi. I hope they improve the quality and reliability of the wifi in the parks if that's going to be the only way to use FP or FP+ - in October it was spotty at best.

Plus I don't want to have to take my phone to the parks! I lock it in the safe because I'm on vacation.

deebee please. If you want to secure sitting on the third bench on the left of Main Street from 3:51pm to 3:57pm on August 19th, you're going to have to schedule it on your phone 60 days before your arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    deebee please. If you want to secure sitting on the third bench on the left of Main Street from 3:51pm to 3:57pm on August 19th, you're going to have to schedule it on your phone 60 days before your arrival.

not going to be flippant...unless... peachygreen's Avatar
    I agree that the cellular/wifi coverage was awful when I was there at thanksgiving. Catching scores to the football game was enough to stress me out and suck the battery life out of my phone.
    I attempted to check FP Return times on the My Disney Experience in the Park and could never get it to connect properly.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out moving forward.
    Next Trips
    WDW - Disney Princess Weekend February 2015
    DL - Tinkerbell Weekend May 2015
    DCL - Bahamas out of Galveston December 2015

This sounds like something that may work out.

Back in 2010, my WDW visit since 1994, I used the Disney day planner to make a touring plan. It has a column where you can place the time of the activity. Yeah, I know, you guys here probably call it commando style touring.
    Of course my timing sucks, because of the queue wait ( in the afternoon mostly as it was Sept so mornings are great). So may be this FP+ thingy may help if I do the commando style plan again.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I didn't read all of the Terms and Conditions, but I'm pretty sure they said something about getting rid of Cinnamon Rolls. I won't stand for this!
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

We just returned from WDW yesterday. We went to the MK on Friday, and there were RFID "turnstiles" installed in one section. Lots of suit and tech types were hovering around filming the few people who were using them- usability testing maybe?

Thursday we noticed that food and merch vendors had RFID checkout readers. A cast member told us that we would be able to tap our key card on it to pay. However, it has a mag swipe as well, so she used that instead as the tapping didn't seem to work.

(Hope this makes sense; I picked up a cold on the plane and am operating on 4 hours of sleep.)
    Kelly
    - The stapler is to your right.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    But I wanted the right side of Main St! Snowflake will never recover; I promised her we'd be able to!

Vacation RUINED, life derailed.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Logically, it doesn't make sense that Disney would be eliminating the use of same day FPS.
    When it was first implemented, it was an ingenious addition that was a win win for guest and Disney.

It's been hugely successful, why would they replace that with a system that only allowed a few FPs per day, and only if you planned ahead.

I can't hep but think that the 60 day FPs are nothing but an addition to the same day FPs.
    Janine

Depending on availability, there should be same day FASTPASSes available. They just won't be paper tickets you have to cross the park to pick up.

he's right
    I would expect something like the old Universal Express system. There were kiosks where you could select from available attractions/times, and they were (relatively) centrally located.

I also suspect that physical park tickets will continue to live on, but they will have rfid embedded. That's not too hard to do---could even be done with tyvek, I think. The kiosks can still print little receipts, but they would only be for the guest to remember their attractions/times, not actually redeemed when you return.

As to whether or not a guest with pre-planned FP+ reservations can or cannot also use the same-day system---I suspect that's just one of those things we'll have to see when it comes to pass.

You can use the Site/App to make FastPass+ arrival window selections in advance for select park attractions and entertainment as well as pre-order meals at certain quick-service restaurants. Valid theme park admission required and other restrictions apply. DISNEY FASTPASS+ Service
    • Once available, Disney FastPass+ service allows you to select an arrival window to experience certain park attractions, character meet and greets, and quick-service restaurants, and to arrange a viewing location for certain entertainment such as fireworks, parades and shows.
    • Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.
    • Each confirmed FastPass+ attraction, entertainment or restaurant selection is valid for (1) guest admission to the entrance of the designated FastPass+ location on the date and during the arrival window confirmed by the Site/App.
    • The operating hours of all attractions, entertainment and restaurant locations are subject to closures and change without notice.
    • You may make FastPass+ selections for yourself, your Managed Friends, and your Connected Friends.
    • Your Connected Friends may also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without notification to you. You can view the selections and modifications made by Connected Friends for you when you log in to your account and view your itinerary.
    • FastPass+ selections made for you by a Friend will count toward the number of FastPass+ selections you may make and hold.
    • A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.
    • Each FastPass+ selection will designate an arrival window for an attraction, restaurant location or entertainment experience. The FastPass+ selection is not valid before or after the designated arrival window or at any other FastPass+ location.
    • You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and redeem a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.
    • When you initially make FastPass+ selections for a particular park, you will select a FastPass+ experience set and if your plans change, you may modify the entire FastPass+ experience set until the first FastPass+ experience is redeemed or the first unredeemed experience expires. You may modify an unredeemed individual FastPass+ experience any time prior to the end the day.
    • All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed. Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.
    • Magic Your Way ticket holders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders.
    • Ticket holders holding passes or tickets with block-out dates may not make FastPass+ selections for any block-out date without the purchase of separate valid park admission and assigning that admission entitlement to your account.
    • We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours.
    Other restrictions and rules may apply based on type of park admission. FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted

I guess the part that blows my mind is that the FastPass+ will only be available for use in one park per day. Is Disney trying to eliminate that easy $300 per family they rip us off for on hoppers? It seems as if they are discouraging hopping with that stipulation.

Is there a post about the FP+? I have heard the term mentioned here and there, but I thought it was more in the testing phase. We are going at the end of January. Will it be implemented then? Honesty, my adult ADHD kicks in and my eyes glaze over when I get too much info. I guess that is why I don't know about any of the FP changes mentioned here. That, and I thought it was going to be way in the future.

Also, what is RFID?

I think it would be good not to have to cross the park for a paper FP.....I'm just not sure how you can sign up for FP 60 days in advance. It's hard enough to make dining reservations 180 days in advance!!

RFID = radio frequency identification. Information can be transmitted wirelessly through electromagnetic fields. For example, our room key at Bay Lake Tower used RFID; we just tapped it on a pad on our door, and the door unlocked. Pretty nifty!
    Kelly
    - The stapler is to your right.

I'm unable to connect it with my room/ticket reservation. I thought that it was a firefox issue but I was able to pull up the dining stuff.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hkfisher View Post
    I'm unable to connect it with my room/ticket reservation. I thought that it was a firefox issue but I was able to pull up the dining stuff.
    Are you using the correct telephone number? Sometimes if an agent made the reservation, they use their number on the reservation. Also try the number without dashes.

Just grasping at straws here.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

I guess I am confused. Is there anything I should be doing if we leave in 20 days? It is not super clear to me. If we log on to the new site, what does that do for us? We can't do FP+ yet, right?

Supposedly, the last resort to go "RDIF" will be Pop Century on the 25th (of January). I can't really see them rolling it out full-time before then (?) Speculation only; please take nothing I say as fact. It's just a compilation of web info I've come up with.

This is going to be for the refillable mugs as well ???