Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Real" Forums Coming in a Week or So...Ideas Appreciated

Jiminy Christmas! JiminyCricket's Avatar
    Oh Josh I am sure it was. I was an English major back when we still typed our term papers

will return when the custom user titles improve bdlily's Avatar
    My favorite thing so far is the infraction points. Especially the part about the length of a Splash Mountain refurb. Seriously, that ride has the LONGEST refurbs. What are they doing- hand attaching individual threads of fur to every animal in the ride?

I'm all for simple but I would love a Disneyland thread as has been mentioned.

First Argentinian
    I think "Merchandising" or Products.. or something like that it's important..

To talk about Disney's movies, Products of the park, etc..

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    I'm all for simple but I would love a Disneyland thread as has been mentioned.
    Perhaps a forum for "Other Disney Vacations" with subheadings for Disneyland, Cruise Ship and maybe Adventures by Disney? That way they'd be there and available to everyone but will just be a small part of a forum that is basically WDW focused. Could maybe do the same for Universal and Sea World?? Just a thought.
    Brenda

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday

Another Idea

I LOVE this! How fun to watch something of quality grow. Thanks for your work, Josh!!

One option might be to have a thread called "outside Disney" and you could have a sub-forum on: US/IOA, Sea World, Restaurants, Lodging, Legoland, Other Entertainment, etc.

First Argentinian
    Sorry if already mention... but, how about "Photos"?

everyone wants to know her secrets Shawna's Avatar
    I noticed that I can subscribe to a thread through the Control Panel. I'm not able to find a link to the Control Panel. Is there a link & I'm not seeing it? If not, that would be a great tab/button to add. :)
    Shawna

Do you have this button here?

I'd love to see a forum for new stuff at WDW. So, it's a bit easier to find out what's been happening since your last trip. A place to find out about new shows, rides, restaurants, even resorts or DVC properties would be great.

That would be a good "main site" post too

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That would be a good "main site" post too
    True! Does the new forum have a way to "tag" posts for easy filtering? My difficulty with some other boards is the "new" stuff gets buried so quickly by old news or just general questions, etc.

Just noticed my new tag!

Tag threads do you mean? Yes, it's possible to tag them and I think for users to be able to tag threads too if I give them "permission" within the control panel. There is an "add/edit tags" button underneath the last post. Let me see I can do that.

It looks like you should be able to add tags to threads already. It's located underneath the "post quick reply" and "go advanced" buttons and also below the previous thread/ next thread buttons under "tags for this thread"

I'm not sure how useful "tags" will be though

It looks like you should be able to add tags to threads already. It's located underneath the "post quick reply" and "go advanced" buttons and also below the previous thread/ next thread buttons under "tags for this thread"

I'm not sure how useful "tags" will be though
    Ah, I see it now. You're probably right though. I never bother with tags on any other forum. :)

Yeah, I'm trying to find a good "theme/skin" but nothing is popping out at me. I actually like the look of vBulletin 3.* more than 4.*

Yeah, I'm trying to find a good "theme/skin" but nothing is popping out at me. I actually like the look of vBulletin 3.* more than 4.*
    This one isn't bad. It's a little light, but that's better than being too dark.

This is just what it looks like by default upon installation. Like 75% of the "skins/themes" I'm looking at are like all black. I guess generally forums are a dark and lonely place.

This is just what it looks like by default upon installation. Like 75% of the "skins/themes" I'm looking at are like all black. I guess generally forums are a dark and lonely place.
    Gack! I beg you, don't do black. It's so hard on the eyes.

Do you have this button here?

Yes, I have that button, but, what I can't find is a way to check my Control Panel when I log on. Usually on other sites I can click "User CP" and it takes me to a list of threads I've subscribed to that have had activity. I'm not able to find that here. For instance, I had to check out all the forums to see what had been responded to, just to see if anyone had responded to my question about the Control Panel. I'm sorry if I'm not making sense. I've been up since 4:30 this morning & it's been one of those days :/
    Shawna

Oops! Sorry! I found it! It's under the Settings link!! I just had to look under FAQ!
    Shawna

Yeah this 4.* version of vBulletin seems like a step back from 3.* in a lot of ways. I'm trying to set the "search single content type" as the default advanced search but there is "literally" no way to do it. There is some sort of workaround if I "Modify the navbar template and add "?search_type=1" to the end of the search.php url" but I have no idea what that means :mad:

Now I just did what I think it says to do and it still doesn't work

LOL

KILL ME

YAY IT WORKS

I am a genius

Yeah this 4.* version of vBulletin seems like a step back from 3.* in a lot of ways. I'm trying to set the "search single content type" as the default advanced search but there is "literally" no way to do it. There is some sort of workaround if I "Modify the navbar template and add "?search_type=1" to the end of the search.php url" but I have no idea what that means :mad:
    Not sure this will help, but at least there's a little illustration ... here.
    Last edited by DizDragonfly; 02-09-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling

YAY IT WORKS

I am a genius
    Yea for Josh!