Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Real" Forums Coming in a Week or So...Ideas Appreciated

How about a photography forum?

Yes, we can certainly do photography. Possibly a TV/Movie/DVD forum too. I think we'll probably start with broader categories and make them more specific as necessary. It's seemingly pretty easy to add/subtract forums.

first UK member
    Being from outside US – how about a “Disney for UK”.......etc for popular countries. Could also do Disneyland Paris etc....

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    What about an Offsite accommodations thread? Not sure if someone mentioned that yet.

Did anyone mention a cruise forum?

edith
    (aka: incredibles)

first from North Carolina that posted in multiple threads while eating a pasta salad and chatting about Disney tscandrett's Avatar
    Josh, just to make sure I understand. If I complain, make rude remarks, harass or possibly stalk a member of this forum, I will "earn" infraction points? Are these like advantage miles that I can cash in for a membership upgrade or cool Disney prize? Or on the other hand, I am very much a self deprecating kind of person. If I am making fun of myself (although not blonde) or even worse, if I am stalking myself, will I still earn these infraction points? I just need to know what I have to look forward too.

Oh and about the OP, keeping the tone civil and more importantly supportive is the biggest thing. I give two shakes of a cats tail if I tell you to avoid Dumbo at 11:15 am and you still go. I would rather folks realize that life is all about choices. If that is the choice someone made and they enjoyed the experience still, good for them. Disney is a magical place that truly captures the purity and innocence of youth. We need to be supportive of each other as we each try to build more memories for our families. Making memories, making memories.......

owes it all to duffy
    I thought the first rule of the forum was you don't talk about the forum? (channeling my inner Brad Pitt/Ed Norton)

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    Hi all. If I could put in my 2 cents here. If I were designing a forum for Disney, I think you need two forums for the Disney planning. One is strategy and would address which time of the year to go, best parks for which days and then there should be another forum for Tactics which would address things like where to put certain rides and in what order. The "Theme Parks Strategies" forum for the DIS is too big and encompasses too much IMO.

Anywho... just a thought.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mickeyfreax View Post
    Did anyone mention a cruise forum?

edith
    (aka: incredibles)
    Yes, please! And, Disneyland? Maybe?

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Don't forget trip reports!!

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

South Georgia, yeah its Disney World hot here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    Don't forget trip reports!!
    Definitely.
    Craig

flickr

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tscandrett View Post
    If I complain, make rude remarks, harass or possibly stalk a member of this forum, I will "earn" infraction points? Are these like advantage miles that I can cash in for a membership upgrade or cool Disney prize?
    Janine

We can certainly do a cruise forum, Disneyland forum, and any other sort of forum if the userbase can support it. The only problem is that it's somewhat outside the scope of easywdw.com as it stands. I don't know a whole lot about the cruise line or Disneyland, but if someone else wants to sort of "take the reins" over those sections then we'd certainly be in business. My plan is to start out with more specialized Disney World forums and then expand to additional forums as the userbase expands and as need arises. I guess the two options are to start out with a few forums that are hopefully popular and make people want to post or start out with too many forums, have half of them seem "dead" and make people think that nothing is going on here.

And yes tscandrett, there will be a list of prizes that can be traded in exchange for infraction points. You might be banned for the length of a typical Splash Mountain refurbishment, time it takes for the next IllumiNations to start, time its been since Magic Kingdom opened. I'm still working on the full prize list.

South Georgia, yeah its Disney World hot here.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You might be banned for the length of a typical Splash Mountain refurbishment, time it takes for the next IllumiNations to start, time its been since Magic Kingdom opened. I'm still working on the full prize list.
    Craig

flickr

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    We can certainly do a cruise forum, Disneyland forum, and any other sort of forum if the userbase can support it. The only problem is that it's somewhat outside the scope of easywdw.com as it stands. I don't know a whole lot about the cruise line or Disneyland . . .
    So I guess when you tag along with me and my BFFs to Disneyland it will be your first step to becoming a bi-coastal Disney expert.

(Thanks for the tag, by the way.)

will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    I'll confess that I would love it if the forums did stay more WDW-centric and without a million subforums.

anything that isnt princesses DWCricket's Avatar
    as I was sitting in a meeting this morning wondering if I should do dietary request for my little guy who is on a oxalate free diet, I thought maybe a special needs forum? Disney does so much good for special needs.
    Me, DH, DD11, DS7 , DS4

2003-off site
    2006-CSR
    2009-POR
    Nov 2011-returning to POR

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    I don't have any suggestions but I do agree with what PPs have said about keeping it friendly. Also agree with the suggested forums/sub-forums. Looking forward to being a party of this community!

OK...I take back what I said about not having any suggestions! LOL Just saw the "Test" post about Flower and Garden Festival. Maybe have a WDW News Forum...call it "News Around the World"?
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

first from North Carolina that posted in multiple threads while eating a pasta salad and chatting about Disney tscandrett's Avatar
    Hey Jill, speaking of keeping it friendly, we need to meet again for lunch sometime. Now that I am back from Jersey, I need me some Sticky Fingers. :0)

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tscandrett View Post
    Hey Jill, speaking of keeping it friendly, we need to meet again for lunch sometime. Now that I am back from Jersey, I need me some Sticky Fingers. :0)
    Most definitely! I think of ya'll every time I'm over that way and always wished we could get together again. Was glad to see you were back in NC!
    Did I tell you I'm gainfully employed now? Got a job in March 2010 with a small law firm in downtown Charlotte.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

not enough information for the computer to issue a custom user title, please try again IzzyQ's Avatar
    For me a smaller set of forums without each sub forum being so specific would be nice. Some forums get so specific it gets to be a pain to decide where to go with what question.

Amy

Jiminy Christmas! JiminyCricket's Avatar
    Well heck I just tried to post and I got vaporized with an error page!!

Ok, I was saying that subforums can be great because they almost act like an index. It's an efficient way to go straight to a topic and know that members who have alot of experience with a specific area will give you a prompt response. For me, I think it saves time by avoiding having to wade through a lot of thread titles and content to get to the meat! On the downside, too many subforums and it gets an isolation-ist kind of feeling. I think I've missed alot of info and getting to know some members because I don't go to certain super specific forums unless I have a specific need!

I love a special needs and special diet thread. I think it's a must have because this is information that is best obtained by others who have "walked the walk" and their advice is invaluable in saving alot of time and avoiding missteps.

I also think it would be awesome to have a way to share tips/ideas/ask questions for trip planning with an infant, toddler/preschooler, elementary schooler, pre-teen, teen and grandparents. I know that sounds like alot of sub forums, doesn't it?

How do the smilies work?

ETA: Got the smilies to work!

What was the error message?

Jiminy Christmas! JiminyCricket's Avatar
    like that internet explorer message you get when it says the site may be down or you have a jacked up computer or the operator (me) is a LOOSER (sic) -sidebar- I once read somewhere a post that said someone was a "looser" and I still get TONS of mileage worth of giggles out of it.

Weird, hopefully it was your fault