Thread: Reworking AK plan.

Reworking AK plan.

I need to rework my plan for our Animal Kingdom day. I read that Santa Goofy will be at Camp Minnie Mickey and I thought that would make a good Christmas Card picture(unless someone knows any other character dressed in Christmas gear at MK next week?) so I want to be sure to get that done. How does this look?

11/16-
    8:30 Tusker House ADR(will be getting there earlier with hopes to be seated earlier but not holding my breath!)
    Safari
    Head to Camp Minnie Mickey for picture with Santa Goofy(I believe he starts at 10am)
    Expedition Everest(Thinking there isn't enough time to get this done before Camp Minnie Mickey)
    Lion King
    Lunch
    Head home about 1pm.

I don't think anyone will have an interest in primeval whirl or triceratops spin. If we have time we might explore the other areas but if not that will be possible. Is there anything else that should be a must do if we have time before we need to hit the road?

Peanut butter is yummy.
    EE is going to need a FP
    Why not just do the 10:30 FoTLK since you are in CMM at that time?

RD-assume you are done at TH by 9 or a bit past
    Ride Safari- done 9:30/9:45
    CMM- line up - be first- get pic
    10:30 FoTLK
    11 FPV EE-then fill time with trails, ITTBAB? lunch til FP RT

Quote Originally Posted by off2neverland View Post
    EE is going to need a FP
    Why not just do the 10:30 FoTLK since you are in CMM at that time?

RD-assume you are done at TH by 9 or a bit past
    Ride Safari- done 9:30/9:45
    CMM- line up - be first- get pic
    10:30 FoTLK
    11 FPV EE-then fill time with trails, ITTBAB? lunch til FP RT
    Not all of our group has to be there for the goofy pic. Would that be a good time for a FPV for EE? Then do FoTLK then head over for EE FP return time or might that be pushing it? I am not really sure what the return times are for FPs.

I think you may have to play this by ear a little. With an 8:30 ADR, it's quite possible that you won't be done until closer to 9:30. I'm not sure this gives you enough time to ride KS before you need to get in line to meet Goofy. You can always grab a FP for KS after breakfast, meet Santa Goofy, do FotLK at 10:30, THEN ride KS if you have to. Then, grab your FP for Everest and do everything else, eat lunch, and ride EE right before you leave.

IF you're able to get seated early, and it looks like you'll have time to ride KS close to RD (and therefore won't be needing a FP), I would definitely send a runner to get FP for EE while the rest of you are meeting Goofy (since you say that not everyone has to be in the picture). That will save you some time for sure.
    Meredith

Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMadeEasy
    September 2011 WL+CR; August 2012 BC + Disney's Vero Beach Resort; May 2013 CSR + Disney Dream; April 2014 BWI; October 2014 AoA + Disney Fantasy; August 2015 Disney's Hilton Head Resort; November 2015 POFQ and Universal's Royal Pacific; January 2016 Disney Magic; November 2016 Disney Wonder; December 2016 BLT, BCV, and Universal's Portofino

Agree with pp that an 0830 ADR may not get you out early enough to do KS before meeting Goofy. However, we were there Monday and they were letting anyone in early who had an ADR before 9am. If the CM at the gate is Helen checking in TH guests, politely ask her to help you and I'm certain she will do what she can. She has been at AK since it opened and is absolutely terrific.

FWIW, this past Monday (highly recommended) we were able to ride KS, EE, TS, and meet Baloo, King Louie and Pocahontas all before the 1030 FotLK. So your plan is definitely doable IF you can hit KS at RD.

Quote Originally Posted by ex007 View Post
    Agree with pp that an 0830 ADR may not get you out early enough to do KS before meeting Goofy. However, we were there Monday and they were letting anyone in early who had an ADR before 9am. If the CM at the gate is Helen checking in TH guests, politely ask her to help you and I'm certain she will do what she can. She has been at AK since it opened and is absolutely terrific.

FWIW, this past Monday (highly recommended) we were able to ride KS, EE, TS, and meet Baloo, King Louie and Pocahontas all before the 1030 FotLK. So your plan is definitely doable IF you can hit KS at RD.
    That sounds promising! I was guessing we would have to see how the morning goes with the ADR but I wanted a general idea of what order to do things. And it looks like Goofy is no longer meeting at CMM(according to Kenny the Pirate). Does anyone know if you meet both Minnie and Mickey in their Christmas garb at the same time or are they in different areas/lines?

Peanut butter is yummy.
    Does anyone know if you meet both Minnie and Mickey in their Christmas garb at the same time or are they in different areas/lines?
    They each have their own line

Quote Originally Posted by off2neverland View Post
    They each have their own line
    Great Thanks! I had seen pictures of someone with both in their Christmas attire so I wanted to be sure.

In case you are interested:Josh says "Santa Goofy isn’t expected to make appearances at Camp Minnie-Mickey this year. But he will have a dedicated Meet and Greet at Hollywood Studios across from Studio Catering Company where the Christmas manger used to sit."

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ter/#more-9722
    1997 - 1st trip - Big pink birthday cake castle - vacation ruined.
    2008 - POR; 2009 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2012 - POP; 2013 - ASMo; 2014 - POP, 2016 - POP

Quote Originally Posted by KBO View Post
    In case you are interested:Josh says "Santa Goofy isn’t expected to make appearances at Camp Minnie-Mickey this year. But he will have a dedicated Meet and Greet at Hollywood Studios across from Studio Catering Company where the Christmas manger used to sit."

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ter/#more-9722
    Thanks! I saw that but we won't be headed to HS this time around so I guess we will miss him!