Thread: "Seasonal" Restaurants and Food Kiosks

Question "Seasonal" Restaurants and Food Kiosks

We are hoping to stay in late Jan or early Feb because it is off peak season. Cheap and cheerful!

Some of the Food/Drink places in the parks are listed as "Seasonal" and I'm assuming they will not be open during our dates because of low attendance numbers but is there a known set of dates that seasonal food kiosks open/close by?
    Thanks!

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    I don't think there are any actual date ranges for "seasonal" kiosks. Generally, anything listed as seasonal will only be open when crowd levels are higher - say above "7" on Josh's calendars. They will definitely not be open during Jan/Feb when crowd levels are 2s and 3s. Also, we've found that there are plenty of kiosks that open later in the day, and/or close early when we're there during that time of the year.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    The only 2 really seasonal places I can think of off hand are Tortuga Tavern and Tomorowland Terrace in MK...I guess Diamond Horseshoe is one as well.
    Those are all CS places- no idea how you'd know which kiosks would be open when.

IIRC Flame Tree BBQ at AK is still listed as "seasonal" but honestly I have never seen it closed- on all different sorts of crowd levels

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    They list Flame Tree as seasonal? I never knew! And I agree, it's always been open when we're there in late Jan. Tomorrowland Terrace and Tortuga Tavern are never open when we're there, I've not been in the Diamond Horseshoe, so I don't know if they are open or closed!

Tortuga Tavern has been open just about every day since it changed names frmo El Pirata. At Magic Kingdom, Diamond Horseshoe and Tomorrowland Terrace probably won't be open. That's about it.

Great, Thanks so much!

We are traveling in 9 days. That would be awesome if El Pirata was open. Sounds like it would appeal to all of us.

I have never seen Tomorrowland Terrace open either. Probably a good thing because I'd forget which dish Josh hated and order it anyway. :)

Tortuga Tavern

The burritos there are pretty good. You start with the tortilla and meat and then load up at the condiment bar. Pecos Bill also serves the Taco Salad. Just be aware that the operating hours are almost always 11am - 3pm.

What about Starring Rolls at HS? Will they be open late Jan? Based on Josh's reviews I want to try it on our next trip but it's new for us so I had wondered if it was one of the "seasonal" places.

They're open every day of the week. Someone will correct me, but I believe they close at 4pm.

Great! Thanks!