Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney Wonder -- North to Alaska! Summer 2012

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Looks like ya'll had lots of fun!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Aug 6th, Disembark in Seattle: We had a pretty easy morning, having done all of our packing and filling out of paperwork the day before. Our breakfast was at 8:15 in Parrot Cay. Our service was rushed, but it being the last seating, we didn't feel compelled to hurry. This was our last chance to visit with my in-laws, so we took our time in-spite of the fact that our luggage tag group (red/Mickey) was called. As we were leaving, we had the atrium to ourselves, so we took a few more pictures with the Ariel statue. Our luggage was easy to find as we were almost the last to leave the ship. It was probably about 9:45 am. A porter helped my family find the shuttle to the parking lot and my in-laws were directed to a shuttle going to the airport. Then, we loaded up the coffin and drove home.

Review: I can easily recommend an Alaskan cruise. If you have kids, I'd suggest cruising with Disney. If you don't, I'd suggest going with a cheaper cruise line. As I'd mentioned earlier, this food service crew staff did not meet our expectations. The food was not memorable. However, our room hosts and most of the other cast members provided the excellent service I've come to expect from DCL. The Wonder is a beautiful ship, but I'm excited to experience the newer ships in the DCL fleet.
    The entertainment and activities on board were good. The children/youth areas/activities were excellent. The food was okay.

Some problems that I had include: The DCL exclusive D&B purse I have planned on buying was "sold out". (Where else am I going to find it? Ugh.) Our bathroom got flooded twice (but was handled promptly by maintenance.) Cancelled excursions (because of the weather.) The price of pictures went up. Last year we had a 7 day cruise in November and purchased a CD of all of our photos for $200. On this cruise, the price was $349. We opted out of the CD this time. My older kids spent very little time with us because they were always in their clubs. We weren't able to take advantage of the "Play and Dine" service allegedly provided at the second seating. (I'll ask for the first dinner on future cruises.)

Pixie Dust: A $200 per room credit on our account! I think this showed up on our ledger because we paid with a Disney Visa. All the gifts that came from being a part of DVC. Participating in a Fish Extender Exchange. Finding the "secret deck" on the 7th floor. Viewing beautiful scenery and active wildlife off the balcony. Amazing excursions.

I hope that this helps someone in planning their own Disney Alaska cruise. Please let me know if you have any questions. I've got pictures on three different devices (two iPhones and my camera) so I'll post more pictures as I upload them.