Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: disboards??

rubbing in the fact that your baked potato didnt come with cheese WTP's Avatar
    Ah, DisBoards. Only for when I'm extremely bored. I can only take so much of it though. Hopefully the crazies will stay there and not migrate over to this superior site.
    Susan

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I'm glad someone mentioned the napkin thread. Some entertaining reading. A bit lacking in HDR, so I had to come back here. :D
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    I will admit I find it ironic that we are on the 3rd page of discussing another board. We are truly Disney-maniacs!

I honestly can't take the negativity over there anymore. It makes me notice things at WDW that I'd never notice otherwise. Napkins, really?? Shortened EMH hours, I never use them anyway. I honestly think that's why this site is so popular. It's funny and realistic, without being negative. And you can clearly tell that Josh LOVES WDW very much, even when he's snarky. I think his attitude fits with how most people view things, rather than always looking for the worst in every situation.

don't ask me to spin in circles mdsd8700's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie View Post
    I honestly think that's why this site is so popular. It's funny and realistic, without being negative. And you can clearly tell that Josh LOVES WDW very much, even when he's snarky. I think his attitude fits with how most people view things, rather than always looking for the worst in every situation.
    Well said! This site definately has a different vibe than all the others!

Needless negativity. And he/she calls YOU a jerk??

Being called an idiot from someone that lives in South Carolina may be the lowest point in my life. They probably could have found a better quote.

The most disturbing part about that post was hearing that you were 6 months old when the Challenger exploded. It made me feel old. Maybe you ARE a jerk....

I never realized how generational that event was until your blog post.

Just got done reading a current 3 page thread over there, about easywdw, majority of folks love this site and Josh, but then we already knew that.

I love this site, Josh is very cool! I visit the Dis site once in awhile to get a good laugh. However, they also scare me as some of them can be really mean. One thing I don't understand is, for people who complain so much about Disney, why do they keep going back?
    Have a Magical Day!

Lisa

íPor favor mantÚngase alejado de las puertas!
    Our next stop is the Magic Kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Being called an idiot from someone that lives in South Carolina may be the lowest point in my life. They probably could have found a better quote.
    hey easy on the folks from south carolina. A few of us are well educated.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thheaton View Post
    hey easy on the folks from south carolina. A few of us are well educated.
    Just a few:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome to the Boards - we really are a friendly lot.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Just a few:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome to the Boards - we really are a friendly lot.
    thanks for the welcome. We don't grow them smart but they sure are pretty.

I can't handle it.

This thread sent me over to the DISboards for the first time.
    I clicked on a thread that started with two teenage girls in the park referring to the statue of Walt as, "that Walt Disney dude."
    This quickly deteriorated into a debate on whether or not people who don't know Walt's life story can truly appreciate the parks (with fanatics on both sides of the argument.)
    By the end, I was seeing things like, "took a shot at Steve Jobs, specifically mentioning slave labor and China" and "Your very opinion is that we lie about our feelings, so you do call us liars!" and "I don't type well due to a hand issue."

The original post was made on Monday and the latest reply was 45 minutes ago.

And the part that really has my sides hurting, is intertwined with all this venom and rage are these cutesy banners and avatars of Winnie the Pooh, or Bullseye, or Jasmine and Aladdin gazing into each other's eyes.
    It is hilarious beyond words.

And I thought the most entertaining part of planning our first Disney visit would be the rides!

Ok, there are no words for that video, oh my goodness that is funny.
    As for the disboards, I like to go over there to look for stuff I cant find elsewhere and to look at the design boards. My main problem is how busy it is, if I find a topic I want to look at, there are literally 175 pages of posts to go through and that is just too much. But I have noticed that if someone starts a new thread, people tend to get snappy and send them to the thread that is going to take 5 hours to read instead of answer the question. I usually give up.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    And I thought the most entertaining part of planning our first Disney visit would be the rides!
    I'll bet you never imagined there would be an insane fan-boi community that surrounds WDW. And Dis is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a few deep, dark, Disnerd communities that are even crazier. Another level are the current and former Cast Members, like those on www.stupidguesttricks.com.

I am constantly amazed by the masses of Disney blogs and forums, it's really impressive to think that one company inspires so many people.

Bwahahaha that Len guy who works(?) for Touring Plans is getting his feathers pretty ruffled!

64% nice, Josh!

And poor TGM isn't even on the poll.
    I haven't asked for my refund yet, because I guess morbid curiosity is keeping me around to see if he's ever going to show back up and have some kind of meltdown on the forums. But honestly, the most valuable thing I got from that site was a link to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineOH View Post
    I never realized how generational that event was until your blog post.
    I had that same exact thought. For all of us there are events that we will never forget then we just guess everyone else knows about the details as well.

Thanks for the link Josh, it was an interesting read. This site is hands down the best!!

Josh, I'm glad you saw this!! I would very proud if I were you since clearly Len is getting PISSED that the general consensus is that your free site is WAY better than his "scientific data" based paid site.

Quote Originally Posted by WTP View Post
    I can only take so much of it though. Hopefully the crazies will stay there and not migrate over to this superior site.
    Oh,oh! I migrated over here. Does that make me a crazy who should go away? I hope not!Please don't ask me to leave!

Ha ha ha ha ha! Cracking up! I admit, I enjoy going over to dis for the drama! I really only go over there when someone posts a link to a ridiculous thread, so I hope this thread continues! I will say, there was one TR over there in 2010 that I absolutely LOVED, otherwise, I am pretty much over there to lurk & laugh!

George, that video was painful!!! YIKES!
    Kate