Thread: Royal Plaza in DTD?

Royal Plaza in DTD?

Has anyone stayed here before? I booked our room through the Mousesavers special. The pictures look nice and the reviews are good.

It will be our first time staying off-site, so hopefully I picked a good one.

Thanks!
    Kara
    I'm too excited to sleep!

We stayed there in February. The rooms were definitely much larger than you'd find on property and we had a huge jacuzzi tub. We didn't use the bus system at all, so I can't comment on that. Overall, a good value but nothing that blew me away.
    Alison

early 80s: off site ~ 1994: off site ~ Jan 2011: off site ~ Feb 2011: POR ~ Dec 2011: POR ~ Feb 2012: off site ~ Aug 2012: POR
    Sep 2012: Honeymoon at BC and AKL ~
    Dec 2012: Swan ~ Xmas 2012: BC CL ~ April 2013: Dolphin ~ Aug 2013: Poly
    Aug/Sept 2013: BC anniversary trip ~ Sept 2014: Dolphin/Universal anniversary trip ~ Jan 2015: BWI w/just the princesses
    June 2015: Contemporary ~ Sept 2015: POP ~ Aug 2015: BWV anniversary trip ~ Oct 2016: Dolphin ~ Nov 2016: BWI - Dapper Day

I stayed there one night about 4 years ago. The bus systems was pretty miserable-- long waits beyond scheduled time, mold on the bus, just gross. The room itself was fairly nice, nice linens and beds, pretty spacious. We did have a problem with the bathroom sink leaking and they weren't really responsive about it. We were only there for a night though so we didn't care that much.

don't ask me to spin in circles mdsd8700's Avatar
    We stayed one night there on a late arrival a few years back. We had problem with a leaking ceiling in the vanity area of the bathroom. No one was responsive at all to come and fix it. Since we were only staying the one night it wasn't a big deal. The room was fine, nothing that seemed terrible (other than the leaking ceiling) but as pp said nothing that blew me away either. No experience with the bus system. Hopefully others with longer stays will chime in.