Thread: 1BR Villa at WL ?

1BR Villa at WL ?

I noticed that the decription for a 1BR Villa at WL states that it can only accomidate 4. Is this correct? We are going this December 14th - 21st with my parents and my DS8, so 4 adults 1 child. Is there no way that we could make a 1BRV to work? Also we would be interested in two studios at Villas of WL. I know there might not be an availible at this point but thought that I would ask if anyone has any points the want to rent? I have checked with several of the more popular websites and they are all looking for points. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Josh (No, not that one)

I'm pretty sure in the 1BR you get a room with a king-sized bed for the bedroom, and a fold-out couch in the main room, no other bed-type accommodations.
    ~Keri~
    Next trip: June 2 for my 28th birthday! Staying the night at the Boardwalk Villas - dinner at Les Chefs, yum!
    I practically grew up at Ft Wilderness, too many visits to count until I was 16.
    I love asparagus and Minnie Mouse the most.
    See me on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photostream/keristars
    Pin Trading Hunt: Minnie Mouse hat from character hat blind bag set.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    keristars is correct. Also know that once the pull-out is opened, it also takes up much of the living room space as well, making for a tight fit for a party of five. My fear is that you'll be really cramped in DVC's smallest one-bedroom accommodation.

For your party size, the one-bedrooms at BLT and Kidani not only have a sleeper chair, but also have two full bathrooms. OKW 1BRs are huge, but still only have one bath. You'll want to request a building numbered 30 or higher since those units have a second door to the bath from the hallway, with no traipsing through the bedroom to access the bath.

The website/blog www.yourfirstvisit.net does a good job of explaining the pros and cons of all WDW accommodations, though is needlessly wordy about advice about first visits.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Official occupancy is 4 for a 1 BR at all the DVC resorts except for BLT, AKV and OKW. If booked through member services, you can book for 5 and bring your own bedding (like an Aero bed & bedding for it). They have been allowing this for quite a while. If booking through Disney reservations on cash, you cannot have more than 4.

In your case, with 4 adults in the mix, I would not do it and I would get one of the locations with the sleeper chair as described by George.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Thanks guys,

I'm now thinking that we will probably just book two standard rooms at WL and use my AP discount, if they come out again this year as they have in the past. I'm going to keep looking and researching, but staying somewhere other than WL is really not an option.
    Josh (No, not that one)

Quote Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
    Official occupancy is 4 for a 1 BR at all the DVC resorts except for BLT, AKV and OKW. If booked through member services, you can book for 5 and bring your own bedding (like an Aero bed & bedding for it). They have been allowing this for quite a while. If booking through Disney reservations on cash, you cannot have more than 4.

In your case, with 4 adults in the mix, I would not do it and I would get one of the locations with the sleeper chair as described by George.
    That is interesting to note. In my case, I've had to rule out all the 1 BR DVC's because of the 4 person limit. My case is a bit different, as in I have three tiny girls that regularly have slumber parties in the twin's full size loft bed. They just don't require much room to sleep. The size was never a concern to me, it was only a matter of not being allowed by Disney. I'm contemplating renting points for a future trip. Of course, if it is too future, yes, the size would start to be a concern for me as well.
    3/2019: Windsor Hills, no admission except one hardcore hopping day
    6/2015: Indian Creek 6/20-6/27, YES program 6/23
    6/2012: Windsor Hills 1/2009: GKTW 9/1997: ASMu 7/1978: Off-site

he's right
    In my case, I've had to rule out all the 1 BR DVC's because of the 4 person limit
    Ah, but some of them would be okay. AKV-Kidani, BLT, and now OKW all "officially" sleep 5 now that they have the sleeper chair.

The size was never a concern to me, it was only a matter of not being allowed by Disney.
    Have you ever stayed in one of the DVC 1BRs? With the exception of OKW, they are all quite small---quite a bit smaller than your "typical" 1BR timeshare unit. Even with three small kids, the 1BRs are pretty tight; there just isn't that much room to move around in them. Granted, we're a little unusual---we consider 2BR units more or less the "standard" size for the four of us---but those 1BR rooms are stingy, particularly in the "2nd Generation" DVC resorts: VWL, BCV, BWV, and SSR.