Thread: For Planning Questions That Don't Necessarily Fit into One of the Other Forums

For Planning Questions That Don't Necessarily Fit into One of the Other Forums

This forum is for questions pertaining to a vacation in one way or another. If your thread is completely off topic (nothing wrong with that), it probably belongs in "Chit Chat" above. If a moderator moves your thread here, you've done absolutely nothing wrong. It just might fit in here better than elsewhere.

Well great - my first week here and 2 posts I've started/posted on are here... I typically can be found in the wrong place so I guess it fits ;)

Ain't no thang gurl Not everything fits within our white picket fences.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    Becky- It's not your fault.
    We didn't have the junk drawer set up til today.

j/k
    Not that your posts are junk- really they are not! They are all important.
    There are just things like stroller questions, costume questions, souvenir questions, etc that don't really go in Touring, Itinerary or even the Car Engine Forum!

I like this forum- I think it will be easier for people to find those important questions and answers ;) Even if they are junky.

So now I'm junk?! LOL :) I like the junk-drawer forum, it's good for tips and tricks and everything else you might need to know! Thanks ;)

Peanut butter is yummy.
    So now I'm junk?
    Yes.
    But good junk. Not giveaway box type junk.
    You laugh but I actually have a box in my storage area that is labeled "Good Junk to Keep". I started a new one when we recently moved.
    You just never know when you might need some junk. Before the move I gave a lot of junk away and now there are some things I wish I had kept.

So around here we don't throw any junk away.

Anyone have experience with restaurants accommodating Gastric ByPass surgery

Since WDW is so accommodating of so many dietary needs and preferences, I am wondering if anyone who has had Gastric ByPass has any advice about any restaurants that understand the special needs of those persons. For example, any buffets that allow an adult to pay a child's price since you will only be eating 4 to 6 ounces of food in total? Or any buffets allow a person with GB to take out some food after paying full price and only eating such a small amount of food? Do any restaurants have smaller portioned meals for reduced price? Can a person just sit with his/her party and not eat anything off the menu but just drink a protein drink brought into the restaurant? Any other accommodations you may have been offered or allowed? Thanks for any advice or information you can offer.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    I do know that the buffets are not going to allow you to pay the child price or take out food. It's not like they sit and watch what everyone eats to know that you only ate 8 ounces of food so taking out a little more is only fair kind of a thing. And I'm pretty sure that they are not going to let you just come into a buffet restaurant without paying full price. It is just too hard for them to monitor who does and who doesn't eat anything.

The Ala Carte restaurants will let you order whatever you want (kids meals included) or just hang out with the family or share a meal between two people, etc. So in your case, you will probably want to stick with those kind of TS locations.

In your situations, I would most definitely steer clear of a dining plan. There is just no way you would get your money's worth out of it. (Unless it is free and then it might be a good deal depending on who else you are traveling with.)
    Brenda