Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you own and when did you buy?

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    I actually ran across that plan for the GF DVC soon after writing my previous post. Its quite interesting. I am not a gigantic GF fan, so a DVC GF really wouldnt interest me like a Poly DVC would.
    GREGG

Proud DVC owner of:

Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
    We bought AKV in 2008. We have used our membership quite a bit although we have never stayed at AKV. We are trying it for the first time in June. We have heard good thinkgs about it; so we are looking forward to our first visit. We have stayed at BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, OKW and VGC and Vero (so almost everything but AKV and BLT). We really like DVC because we need a kitchen when we travel due to food allergies, but also enjoy being on-site. In retrospect, we probably would prefer to be in the boardwalk area, but Disney wasn't selling those properties and we didn't think about buying resale back then.
    I really love AKV, Jambo house.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
    I'd love a DVC in that location. But, I don't want to see it be an old west theme. Yuck!
    What I'm looking for is DVC cabins, a food court, and a suh-weet pool in Ft. Wilderness. I'll take whatever theme they can give me.

We bought 270 AKL points in 2008, have since added on 50 AKL points from Disney and just closed on 160 AKL points resale. We love AKL! (Kidani fans fo the extra bathroom) Like many others not sure I will ever feel like I totally have enough but feeling pretty good with our current amount and with 3 kids have enough to give each kid an even number!

I bought a 160 point contract at AKV August '08. I've come to find out that I don't have enough points which I'm noticing is fairly common! I have a severe case of addonitis that cannot be relieved until I'm in a financial position to add on. Ideally I'd like to add another 160 but not sure if I want more AKV points or will end up buying at another resort. My intention was to have enough points to bring family along if I felt like it and travel to WDW every other year. 160 points just isn't enough even every other year based on the number of days we usually like to stay which is at least 10, not including travel days since we're from Southern California.

will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    Welcome to the boards Kate and Castillo Mom! You are in good company with never owning enough points! I've been resisting addonitis too. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold out.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Yeah......we have that addonitus ourselves. Our goal is to eventually have at least 500 points. We plan on keeping them all at SSR as the problem with having them at multiple resorts is that you have to either have split stays (because of the 11 month window) or you have to hope to get rooms at the 7 month mark at the same resort. We don't want that kind of stress!!!! Of course......I'm sure that we will find that we need more then the 500 points once we get to that point.....but for now......we have to be happy with our 325.
    Brenda

Cool

These sound unbelievable! What if you don't own DVC? We bought at Orange Lake on our honeymoon in 1993. We just upgraded our unit to points in 2009 and bought one of the Signature Collection units. We'll be using it this August - can't wait! For us there are no other places in Florida except Orlando and DW!!!

We own 150 points at OKW. We bought resale last year in order to stay in the villas and have more space, a kitchen and w/d. We might add on in a couple of years, or we might decide to rent an off site house (gasp!) once every few years to stretch our points. If we do add on I think we will buy at a second resort - AKV, BWV or BCV if I had to choose today - to stay at OKW EOY and another resort EOY. We love our DVC so far!

We bought 160 points at AKV in December 2010. I really want more points. BUT, we don't have children and don't have to have a 1BR. A studio should work fine for us. Since we bought in December, we had 320 points to use this year. We are taking 10 people with us and getting 3 studios. Then we have a trip in February for my birthday and maybe one in October.

Once DH gets his boat, maybe we will be able to get some more points!

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    shelianne!

Congrats on your AKV purchase. Sounds like you're hosting one amazing party! Are you able to do all that with 320 points??

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheliaanne View Post
    We bought 160 points at AKV in December 2010. I really want more points. BUT, we don't have children and don't have to have a 1BR. !
    We don't have kids either, have 325 points and want more!!!! Of course, we like to take family with us plus like to squeeze in a short trip with just the 2 of us so more points would be good!!!! We also like the 2-bedrooms for the washer and dryer. That is a luxury in and of its self!!!
    Brenda

don't ask me to spin in circles mdsd8700's Avatar
    We purchased 100 points in June of 2010. We knew it wasn't enough points then, but wanted to start smaller. 8 months later in February we added on another 170 (still BLT) knowing that we needed the points sooner than later. I am pretty sure we will add on again at another resort in the next 2-3 years, but will go resale. We have to be members a bit longer to determine what we need and where it should be.

We bought at SSR 05/08 230 points. We wanted AKV but the deals they were offering for SSR were to good to pass up. We probally saved about 3 grand buying at SSR instead of AKV. AKV was the newest resort being sold so they were getting premium pricing. They were offering deals for SSR like dicounted points, gift cards and back dating your usage year.We figured as long as we had the points we could stay where ever we wanted. We go to DW in spring or fall so we weren't worried about having to wait 7 months before our trip to book our resort of choice. Needless to say the first Place we stayed at DW was AKV and it was awesome. We are staying at BLT this Oct. Even tho SSR is our home base we haven't stayed there yet. Next fall we will be booking at the new DVC resort in Hawaii. We have also stayed at VB and traded in for a trip to Hawaii.

Just found these boards and the Easy WDW site so this is my first post

We have 270 point at AKV we bought in 2008 and we also have 370 at BLT. WE are excited to see if the GF really does get a DVC because that is actually our all time favorite resort. We generally travel during school vacations so we are always on the lookout for more points. Plus we occassionally like to take friends and family with us.

don't ask me to spin in circles mdsd8700's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cogero View Post
    Just found these boards and the Easy WDW site so this is my first post

We have 270 point at AKV we bought in 2008 and we also have 370 at BLT. WE are excited to see if the GF really does get a DVC because that is actually our all time favorite resort. We generally travel during school vacations so we are always on the lookout for more points. Plus we occassionally like to take friends and family with us.
    I don't have as many posts as some other people here, but would like to say You certainly have a lot of DVC points Lucky You! We are taking people with us for the first time in November, which is part of the DVC fun. Cant' wait.

You will find lots of knowledgable, friendly people here

We have 210 at AKV and 85 at BCV... We want to own at VB and possibly Aulani!

Angry Ditto this.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
    We own the basic 160 point contract at Saratoga Springs (SSR)...

SSR is a great resort, I must say (it doesn't get enough love and it has a lot going for it). However, if I had to be honest, I love Beach Club Villas best. We LOVE being able to walk into Epcot.
    Ditto this. We bought the basic 160 at SSR in 2005. We're very fond of it, and agree it doesn't get enough love!

That said, BCV has my heart totally. We did a 100 pt add-on at BCV in 2006 - it was effective on my birthday! What a great present that year!

We then did a 100 pt add on at AKV in 2007 because of the double developer points deal they were offering. So, we have 360 pts total.

We would still love at least 60 more pts at Beach Club, but don't really want to pay more dues than we are now. We've never stayed at AKV, so we've considered selling those points to get more BCV but that would be financial folly. So for now, we use AKV pts to get more time at BCV (booking at 7 mo) and use our SSR points at SSR. We're happy with that arrangement... as long as DVC doesn't change the rules on us it's all good.

We have stayed at Boardwalk and like it there, and we've also used points at Disneyland Hotel, which was fun. Ultimately we'd like to try to stay at all the resorts at least once.
    : ) Melinda

I bought Saratoga Springs in 2006 because I didn't know I could buy resale. And then my brother and I bought a separate membership there. Next I added Animal Kingdom for myself, and we added Animal Kingdom for our shared membership as well.

My first foray into the resale market came when I walked through the Boardwalk Lobby at Christmastime. Wow! I was blown away!

Donald and I bought our shared Saratoga Springs contract in California, which turned out to be a good thing as the moment they announced the Villas at the Grand Californian we KNEW we had to own there as well, and they were limiting the initial sales to those who purchased a contract in California.

We independently purchased points at the Grand Californian, our very favourite property, but unfortunately the most "pointy" property. I would have sold our Saratoga Springs contracts if it weren't for the Treehouse Villas. For me, that's the perfect place to stay for the Princess Half Marathon.

So I tell folks, I don't collect pins, I collect points.

Lynda I am starting to collect points as well.

Well we didn't buy at Hawaii or Vero Beach, sniff. Don't feel too sorry for me, we bought a few more at the Beach Club!

hold the presses! you bought more Beach Club points? and you didn't tell me?
    Lynda C
    387 miles north of where the magic began!

I am sneaky! We haven't closed the deal yet.

Joet T in Da House Ya'll
    So jealous of ALL of YOU!!! We have rented points 4 times and stayed at BCV BWV and BLT........But I will say, if they move forward with GF DVC, we will probably take the plunge as that is our dream resort. Its the resort we could see us taking trips to without kids. We love the ambiance and resturants there as well.

Depending on the price, that will be our plunge......

Till then, renting is for us!

We bought 160 points at AKV in 2007 and eventually will add more but right now it's not in the financial cards!!! I think we will go resale as well, I want BLT so my DH and I can enjoy time for just us.