Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where do you own and when did you buy?

I spoke too soon. We did not close on the Beach Club points. I am sadder than sad. But Bill assures me we will add on, this isn't the time. Bill thinks we will do Boardwalk points isn't... our money and points just seem to go further there. But that clown pool scares me!

Oh, Cee, how disappointing. We are in the process of adding on - Disney waived ROFR today! I really wanted BCV points but I couldn't justify the extra $/point to buy there. We have been fortunate in being able to book mostly where we want at 7 months or less (we just stayed at BCV for a week in May & we booked in January) so we bought at SSR. I thought we had a great price until I saw at Mouseowners.com what some contracts have been selling for! People are getting some CHEAP points!

Oh, and we use the quiet pool at BWV - no clown!
    Darcie

We bought SSR direct from Disney in 2005, just the basic 160.

SSR in 2005. fav dvc villa--BCV, love that pool

Great thread!

DH and I always had trouble making the numbers work. I've never paid close to full price for a resort room and have scored some awesome rentals in the past - frequently $6-$7 per point. Hard to justify the purchase when comparing to those numbers!
    Still, having the points is a lot easier than looking for a deal and hoping for availability. DH loves Boardwalk. I love Beach Club, but the price difference is huge. DH said a long time ago that if I could get Boardwalk for $50 per point, then he would agree.

Well, thanks to Disney's lack of use of ROFR and the resulting pricing, I found just that in March! I still think it is a great deal, but I am now seeing a few going in the $40's - yikes! I have rented out a good chunk of my points for this year, since we already had the cruise booked. DH is enjoying seeing the rental income but I am thinking I need more points already!

Oh - forgot to mention, 250 points, March UY.

I have actually made some offers on other resales. First offer was accepted, but turned out the seller did not report the correct point history, so we withdrew the offer.
    Second offer - seller accepted until they realized that they listed at a price below their outstanding loan balance. I wish them luck - not sure it is going to move too soon at their new price.
    Third offer - seller rejected and didn't counter. That's okay with me - I'm not in a rush.
    Fourth offer - someone beat me to it.

Not losing sleep over it and not settling for something other than what I will perceive to be a good deal for us.

We originally purchased OKW in 2006. Since then we have added-on at BLT , AKV, BWV, SSR and are awaiting ROFR at HHI.

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC-Paul View Post
    We originally purchased OKW in 2006. Since then we have added-on at BLT , AKV, BWV, SSR and are awaiting ROFR at HHI.
    Wow! How often do you go? I would love to have all those points. Heck, i'd be happy with one contract! lol

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Want the current Toy Story Mania wait time? Just ask!
    We only 210 points at AKV bought in late 2008. They were going to begin selling BLT within weeks but we knew it wasn't for us. SSR didn't seem to be the right fit for our family. We have never regretted it! We have stayed at BCV (love the convenience to Epcot), Kidani twice, and BLT. Staying at Jambo House in December. I think I would like to try a studio at OKW for our next trip to save on some points but have a little extra room for the four of us.

When and if they begin selling contracts at the GF, I am in!!!!

I put a contract on a 25 point SSR (resale) contract last week (for under $2k including closing costs). I'm just waiting for ROFR to go through. I'm buying primarily for the DVC perks. We'll save $400 or $500 per year just from the AP discounts.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    What does one do with 25 points at SSR besides get an AP discount?

We own at Animal Kingdom and bought in August 2008 with a December UY. We intended to buy OKW but the deal for AK was so good, we did that instead and I'm glad we did because we absolutely love Kidani. We have stayed at OKW (love it! both 1BR and Studio), SSR (1BR -- liked it -- the best part was the neighbor in the studio -- it was Keri!) and Kidani. We have stayed at Pop, Sports, Poly, Coronado and Beach Club too but in regular resort rooms.

I would love to buy a 40 point contract (because we have a 100 and a 60) so the points would be equal for the kids if something happened to us. I am sure I could get one on resale and probably should especially considering I am out of points until 12/1/2012!

Am I the first one here who owns points at Hilton Head (or did I miss it?). Besides the 150 points we own there, we own 210 at OKW, and 100 at BVV. We started in 2002 with 175 points at VWL, but found other resorts we loved, and couldn't keep them all. So VWL is no more for us. And the person who bought our 25 points at VWL was making his first DVC purchase-an owner of 25 points.

150 points SSR August UY since 2005.

Jonesing for another 50 -100 points at SSR. Now that we have DD, we'd like the option of getting a 1 BR, going more frequently, or going during seasons that cost more points (or some combination of the 3). Anymore, I don't see any math that makes buying direct a better deal than buying resale. Not that it matters. We have no $ for either, lol.

will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsNick View Post
    Jonesing for another 50 -100 points at SSR. Now that we have DD, we'd like the option of getting a 1 BR, going more frequently, or going during seasons that cost more points (or some combination of the 3).
    I'm jonesing for more points for the same reason. I think just an extra 100 would get us to 1 BR for our trips.

I've been struggling with waiting to see what the next DVC that starts to sell versus buying AK or one of the Epcot resorts. Resale points are calling to me too.

We have a small 100 point contract that we purchased direct at AKV in 2009. I have to say that we really try to make the most of our points. We are a small family; just me, DH and DD (age 5) so for now a studio works just fine for us. We are headed down Oct 5-11 and trying out OKW this trip - only 68 points for 6 nights in a studio. Staying in value season doesn't hurt either!
    We have stayed at AKV in a savannah studio and a value 1bd and value studio - totally recommend for the point values. We have also stayed at the Boardwalk in a Village Green studio (also totally recommend).
    I get pretty creative with the points and we have managed to squeeze 2 trips per year out of our small contract. Sometimes I add a couple of nights in a moderate and pay OOP. All in all although I would love about 50 more points we have no plans to do so - we still have 3 years until this contract is paid off so nothing further until then!

We have a 160 point contract at BLT we purchased last November while staying at BWV with some friends. We liked it so much we purchased BLT because it was so close to MK for the Grand Kids.
    Rocky & Donna

Proud owners of BLT Since 2010

BWV - 2010, BLT - 2011, 2012, 2013