Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Art of Animation resort photos

Quote Originally Posted by BlountFam5 View Post
    Sorry, I know what you mean...I can't remember where I've seen half the pics either!
    Whoop Whoop! Found a video! This one shows the pull-out couch. It's definitely not directly on the floor, but a normal pull-out.

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/forum...ite-video-tour

YEAH!

Tracey

DH DD11 DS8 DS6

Quote Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
    Whoop Whoop! Found a video! This one shows the pull-out couch. It's definitely not directly on the floor, but a normal pull-out.

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/forum...ite-video-tour
    great find! thanks!

Not sure if it's been talked about yet but I'm seeing two different kinds of coffee pots...anyone know which they went with? The regular 4 cup or the one that does two cups of coffee at once? And if it's the latter, would that be normal coffee or pods?
    There is a great and lasting truth about the family of man. A truth which separates us from all the other creatures of the Earth. We can dream.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    The pictures I've seen look to be the pod style coffee maker. What I'm wondering is if they'll put pods in the rooms or not. We'll have a dining plan so refillable mugs anyway but I'd much prefer to be ablet o put on that first cup before having to face the world (ie run to the food court). I'll drink any kind of hot brown swill that resembles coffee as long as it's black and unflavoured so pods, food court, anything will work for me but I do need it.

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    The pictures I've seen look to be the pod style coffee maker. What I'm wondering is if they'll put pods in the rooms or not. We'll have a dining plan so refillable mugs anyway but I'd much prefer to be ablet o put on that first cup before having to face the world (ie run to the food court). I'll drink any kind of hot brown swill that resembles coffee as long as it's black and unflavoured so pods, food court, anything will work for me but I do need it.
    Thats what it looked like to me too, but the video above confuses me. At 1-2 seconds in, it shows a 4 cup pot. At 50 seconds, it looks like it's the pods. but the video also seems to mix in both 'real' rooms and their 'test rooms so I'm still not sure.
    There is a great and lasting truth about the family of man. A truth which separates us from all the other creatures of the Earth. We can dream.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

Another great link with pics of AoA public areas, Nemo rooms, and Cars rooms.

http://orlandounited.com/2012/05/30/animation/
    Tracey

DH DD11 DS8 DS6

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

cool video of the Nemo pool including the "underwater" audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffbAEtgjNxI

Trudy and and anyone else interested...Look!!!

DTD BabyCakes NYC
    We are proud to announce that you can now find BabyCakes NYC's mini cupcakes at Disney’s newest resort - Disney's Art of Animation Resort!
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

Andrea, I was just coming here to post this very thing. LOL Great minds things alike. I'm so excited. I actually have it on our itinerary to head to DTD to pick up a selection of Babycakes stuff after we check in to AoA (I want to wait until we have our dining credits) though I'm hoping that maybe a chef will just arrange for a selection to be at the resort every day as that's really the only reason we'd be going to DTD. If they already have stuff being sent to AoA then knowing past history of what chefs have done for us, they might just order some extras when they know we're coming since I'll be making it clear that we'll be eating at least one meal per day there, some days 2. If they have things like their cinnamon buns then we might also do additional snacks from the food court. I love my Babycakes!

Another reason to be excited about AoA. Babycakes just responded to me that the only resort they're currently doing a regular delivery to is AoA. You can order cakes elsewhere but they'll be sending stuff daily to AoA.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/finding...family-su.html
    Looks like Pod coffee is confirmed. Time to stock up on some coupons!

Though it still doesn't look like pods. UGH! LOL
    Last edited by ceb104; 05-31-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

Don't know if I'm missing it somewhere (probably am, so apologies...) but what size bed is in the 'master bedroom' in the AoA suites?

doesn't know disney is going to remove all the attractions while she's eating breakfast PR1NC355's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    Don't know if I'm missing it somewhere (probably am, so apologies...) but what size bed is in the 'master bedroom' in the AoA suites?
    It's a queen bed in the "master bedroom"

Cool thanks... I just realized I could have looked it up on the booking sight... This forum is my new google ;)
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
    Seriously!!

Hey, when are you releasing Best Places to Sip Scotch in Disney World, anyway?
    In 2006 I enjoyed a flight of Scotch at the Rose & Crown.
    Have A Great Day!

Vinnie

Previous trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL- 12 AOA - 13 Pop, BC - 14 WL,CS - 15 Poly, CB, BC

Alright, this might be an obvious question, but are all the rooms going to be family suites? Are they going to have just standard hotel rooms in all the sections?
    Brandi

Not in all the sections: little mermaid will be 100% standard rooms. The rest of the sections (Nemo, Cars and Lion King) will all be family suites.
    1) Pop Century - December 3-10, 2011 - first trip with my in-laws
    2) Art of Animation - February 28 - March 7, 2013 - first family only trip
    3) Windor Hills 5bdr villa - February 27, 2014 to March 6, 2014 - Universal, Sea World and Disney Trip - trip with my brother and his family

I know that there's at least one other person with allergies following this thread, possibly more of you, so I figured I'd share the following.

I just spoke with one of my favourite chefs, Chef Dan, who has helped us with allergy dining several times at Pop Century. I was so excited when I heard him say his name because he's always been so wonderful to us. Anyway, here's the summary of our conversation regarding AoA.

The tandoori station is all off limits to us because they use yogurt in the marinade plus the oven they use is a dedicated tandoori oven where the risk of cross contamination is high.

His waffles are a mixture of the Namaste and Bob's Red Mill mixes with some oil, rice milk (Pacific brand) and sugar added.

He's going to look at the salad dressings that he's got and maybe even make up something just for me since I do like the salad station and will likely order it a couple times if there's a good dressing. I think he said it's the same station where they have the build your own yogurt bar in the morning. He was thinking out loud about cross contamination with the fruit (my kids can't have citrus) so I suspect that the fruit toppings in the morning are in the same place that the veggies are kept at lunch and dinner. I'm trusting them to do a thorough cleaning while swapping them.

They do have rice pasta available for the make your own pasta station. The marinara sauce is free of all of our allergens (including gluten, milk, eggs, nuts) plus he's going to see what he can do for maybe some kind of alfredo or cheesy sauce using rice milk and mozzerella soy cheese.

The only gluten free pizzas he has are Amy's and frankly he isn't happy about that but it's what he's got.

The soy milk is the Kikomann Pearl but he said he'd try to get something else in for us because when we're at WDW, DD14 typically drinks soy milk with most meals but the Kikomann contains gluten.

He did say that the Babycakes stuff sells really fast. I'll have to keep an eye on that. Hopefully when we go down for dinner (which will be most days we're there) there'll still be some left.

He said he'll be giving me another call in a few weeks when he's had a chance to do look at what he can get in and what he's got available and we'll go over our options in more depth. I'm so excited!!!

Trudy, I'm so impressed with the way Disney can adapt for allergies. And you are so good at finding out all you need to know and sharing it. You are another great advocate for special needs. So happy for you that Disney is going to make things work for your family and you : )

Disney Parks Blog has more pics up today of the Cars Land.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...mation-resort/
    Tracey

DH DD11 DS8 DS6