Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FASTPASS Enforcement Is Going Real Well /Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
    I wonder if Splash went down for a short time, or the standby line got so long that they let more people through and held the FP line a little longer than normal?

We've seen stuff like this when tour groups pack the FP line - it gets backed up really quickly, then seems to filter back to normal.

I wonder if all us folks who used to collect a ton of FP and then use only some of them are now actually using everything they collect?

So many questions, so few answers!
    That's us. We always get fast passes and think we'll use them when we come back to the park after dinner, but then we don't go back or we go to a different park. However, if our window was open and we knew we couldn't use it later in the day, we would probably go use it while we were in the park. Does that make any sense? What came to my mind is that there are less unused fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopy View Post
    That's us. We always get fast passes and think we'll use them when we come back to the park after dinner, but then we don't go back or we go to a different park. However, if our window was open and we knew we couldn't use it later in the day, we would probably go use it while we were in the park. Does that make any sense? What came to my mind is that there are less unused fastpasses.
    I think you are right. I also think the line increase may be because the people who would wait until later in the day are now making sure they get to the line on time. That may be forcing more people into the fastpass line and backing up the regular queue in the middle of the day. Under the old system a portion of fastpasses supposed to be redeemed per hour were used later in the day when overall crowds were lower, so the 'extras' were absorbed better into fastpass and general queue lines.

selling josh for fastpasses Jenny's Avatar
    Also, when we would go back and the FP return line was crazy long for some reason, we'd move to something else and come back later. With FP enforcement, that's not an option. So, the crazy long line doesn't get any chance to disperse, because more people keep getting into it.

Via @Attractions on Twitter:

"Wow! This is the end of the Fastpass line for Splash Mountain: 100 min. wait for the regular line."

More anecdotes.

will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    That is nuts! I haven't been during crazy spring break so I don't if this is normal or not. But I'm guessing it isn't for the fastpass line. They have to be distributing more. I just can't see how just the enforcement caused this.

I wonder how long it would take just to get to the front of the line. Like if your window was 1:15pm - 2:15pm and you arrived at 2:10pm, you would think it could be after 2:30pm by the time you actually got up to the front of the line. I wonder what they'll do about a third entrance for whatever "XPass" turns out to be. You certainly wouldn't want to find this line if you were holding a golden ticket.

Crowds are seriously intense right now though. And it is a Saturday.

I don't think I would be overly impressed with fastpass if I was a new visitor with that line. But, then again, is most likely shorter than the regular line.

Yes, the posted standby is 100 minutes there and 90 in my picture in the first post.

I wonder what the fastpass wait time is like when the line goes crazy like that. Sure am glad we get to go the slow times.

The FASTPASS line isn't actually backed up that far. The wait is to show your FASTPASS to the cast member. Once you get past the cast member, the actual line would be short or nonexistent.

Oh!! I was completely misunderstanding the picture. Wow. I guess having to scrutinize the fastpasses and argue with a couple of guests is a bit more time expensive for the cm's. Context, I missed it.

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more than twitter.com/disney in 2020. Just cut me in like 10% DisneyMom's Avatar
    So it's taking them longer to look at the FPs and figure out if you're in the window?
    Starr

Feb/Mar 2010 - CSR
    Jan 2011 - CSR
    May 2012 - ASSp for Expedition Everest Challenge
    Aug 2013 - DLR Offsite
    March 2016 - POR

Yes, just imagine how long it would take a cast member to explain to you that you didn't return within the FASTPASS window and won't be able to use your FASTPASS. Then listen to the excuse as to why they were late. Then listen to the complaining about how the standby wait is 100 minutes and FASTPASSes are gone. Etc. Just a couple of those could back the line up.

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more than twitter.com/disney in 2020. Just cut me in like 10% DisneyMom's Avatar
    Yep...interesting, but not surprising...
    Starr

Feb/Mar 2010 - CSR
    Jan 2011 - CSR
    May 2012 - ASSp for Expedition Everest Challenge
    Aug 2013 - DLR Offsite
    March 2016 - POR

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I wonder what they'll do about a third entrance for whatever "XPass" turns out to be.
    I wouldn't expect them to create a third entrance, but to just piggyback on the FastPass line. That's what they did with the "dream" FastPasses, what they do with customer service issued FastPasses, what they do with DVC FastPasses, what they do with rider swap passes, etc.

I've been talking to my DH about all this, and showing him the photos from Splash, and well, let's just say "call my DH butchie!" LOL! He is not a happy camper.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Mom and I were there on March 8th and we saw the same kind of cluster at TSM. From what I could tell, the line was comprised of people waiting for their window to open and the stand still was caused by the CM trying to explain "window" to someone. (just like Josh said). Of course, being the quiet, unassuming person I am...I just started polling the line "is your window open, are you in line?" and we ended up getting right in LOL.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
    I've been talking to my DH about all this, and showing him the photos from Splash, and well, let's just say "call my DH butchie!" LOL! He is not a happy camper.
    I will take that with all due love and affection Vicki. See, it's not only me that's unhappy about all of this FP business!
    Empty your mind. Become formless and shapeless, like water. When water is poured into a cup, it becomes the cup. When water is poured into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Be water, my friend.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Sounds to me like they definitely need two CM's at the FP entry - one to do the 'splanin, and the other to take FP of the people who have a clue. If someone without a clue starts talking to this CM, he would direct them to the "idiot line" and they could chat with the other CM.

Sounds to me like they definitely need two CM's at the FP entry - one to do the 'splanin, and the other to take FP of the people who have a clue. If someone without a clue starts talking to this CM, he would direct them to the "idiot line" and they could chat with the other CM.
    I love it!!!
    Katie
    Honeymoon 2002 - All Star Movies
    DD's 1st Trip - 9/2012 - Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by butchie30d View Post
    I will take that with all due love and affection Vicki. See, it's not only me that's unhappy about all of this FP business!
    Yes, meant that way! It just made me laugh - he started sounding a lot like you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

That's what is sounds like to me as well! I'm feeling that your idea is going to get a lot of support, at least here!
    3/2019: Windsor Hills, no admission except one hardcore hopping day
    6/2015: Indian Creek 6/20-6/27, YES program 6/23
    6/2012: Windsor Hills 1/2009: GKTW 9/1997: ASMu 7/1978: Off-site

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
    My DH too. He is less then pleased. He said that maybe this could be the last of our Disney vacations for a while. Maybe we try out Universal.

I guess we wait and see how our June trip turns out. It just seems like we will be criss crossing all over the park, standing in longer lines, getting on less rides and watching the clock constantly. Doesn't sound as fun as before. Is it worth all the money we will spend there? I don't know.

And no Butchie it's not just you who is less then pleased. Even my kids aren't happy about it.

Ann

Did anyone think of what the date was on that picture in the first post? It's Spring break, one of the very busiest times of the year. My parents are there this week, and they told me last night that they saw a one hour wait for It's a Small World. So far, I'm just not convinced yet that the enforcement of the Fastpass rules is causing any problems (I know, some of you are thinking "The pixie dust has gotten to her brain"!).

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    But this wasn't the FP line, it was just the line to get your FP checked so you could enter the "real" line.

Definitely part of the problem was Spring Break crowds, but the other issue is that there's going to be more discussion and confusion from people with late fp due to the new enforcement rules, so people will be taking longer getting FP's checked - leading to lines where there should be none.