Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Days Morning at MK w/(2) 5 year olds?

Peanut butter is yummy.
    LOL
    I want that in my Easter basket.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Brenda

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    When we were there in Oct., we were among many people sitting in the hub at MK waiting for a show to start on the castle forecourt. Two women (who DH was convinced were from the local strip club) strolled by to the front of the crowd. We're all facing the castle waiting for the show and they are up at the chains posing for provocative photos and doing suggestive things to each other - knowing full well that they would have everyone looking at them. I took a picture of one of them before they got into it and I realized they were just doing this to be shocking (at that point I didn't want to give them any additional attention). Her younger, thinner friend was in a very revealing outfit - the "minnie mouse" woman was more comical.
    For the record; when they walked thru the sitting crowd, with their 5 inch heels and short skirts, we saw way more up there than we bargained for.

I just didn't like how they were in it just for the shock value, and that that certainly isn't the behavior Disney would want in their park.

IMG_0575.jpg
    Janine

I wish I could post a photo of the shortest shorts winner but it's probably not suitable for this site....haha.
    ~ Jill

Peanut butter is yummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I just didn't like how they were in it just for the shock value, and that that certainly isn't the behavior Disney would want in their park.
    I dunno- maybe they were some sort of preview the new NextGen stuff?

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    I dunno- maybe they were some sort of preview the new NextGen stuff?
    Haha!!

But seriously, I can imagine CM's flipping through a rulebook trying to figure out some reason to kick these "girls" out. Yuck.

Don't get me wrong, if we were in Vegas and saw someone dressed like that it would be funny and cute, but if these people can't understand why MK is NOT an appropriate place for this kind of thing, they're beyond stupid.

I cant speak on the topic of Gay Days at Disney and I havent read the article mentioned but I was at Cedar Point one weekend in June that was apparantly a similar type of well known event. I wouldnt have thought much of it most of the day although I did notice more then the normal number of same sex couples I didnt see anything too flashy or demonstrative or even realize that there was a reason I noticed more same sex couples. I will say though once it got dark I was a little uncomfortable, not because I am uncomfortable with, or have anything against gay people, but because of the clothing and flashy behavior, along with all the groping and large groups of people who seemed to think they owned the park. (Not too unlike those large Brazil groups in January at WDW, lol)
    Anyway, Im not trying to stir the pot or anything, Im simply trying to honestly answer the question because I do understand that the concern and I was glad that night at Cedar Point that I didnt have my childen with me to explain why that was going on. Mainly, I think that if the crowd at Cedar Point (a much less family oriented and more young adult oriented) park was tame until Dark, then I am sure that WDW is going to be tame until at least dark as well.
    And again, I dont want anyone to think it was the sexual orientation of the groups that was bothering me. If I saw a man/woman couple in leather straps carrying a wip and wearing 7inch heels in line in front of me I would be equally uncomfortable. I promise. I c

One of my dearest friends attends gay days every year, he is a dvc owner, a father and a cardiologist. He attends with his partner and their kids and they may very well have a BBB booked that day. I love the crowds at gay days and I am a straight female. I bet the tip$ the servers make on gay days are the best of the year.

I think we should do a thread on the craziest things we have seen people do at WDW the other 362 days of the year. I know I have seen some shocking behavior at the American Pavilion no less.

[QUOTE=Janine;56147]When we were there in Oct., we were among many people sitting in the hub at MK waiting for a show to start on the castle forecourt. Two women (who DH was convinced were from the local strip club) strolled by to the front of the crowd. We're all facing the castle waiting for the show and they are up at the chains posing for provocative photos and doing suggestive things to each other - knowing full well that they would have everyone looking at them. I took a picture of one of them before they got into it and I realized they were just doing this to be shocking (at that point I didn't want to give them any additional attention). Her younger, thinner friend was in a very revealing outfit - the "minnie mouse" woman was more comical.
    For the record; when they walked thru the sitting crowd, with their 5 inch heels and short skirts, we saw way more up there than we bargained for.

But would Josh? and how did he miss that day!

Quote Originally Posted by PEACHES View Post
    One of my dearest friends attends gay days every year, he is a dvc owner, a father and a cardiologist. He attends with his partner and their kids and they may very well have a BBB booked that day. I love the crowds at gay days and I am a straight female. I bet the tip$ the servers make on gay days are the best of the year.

I think we should do a thread on the craziest things we have seen people do at WDW the other 362 days of the year. I know I have seen some shocking behavior at the American Pavilion no less.
    At Village Haus at Disneyland....a lady at the table next to us changed her kids diaper right there while we were eating. I'd much rather see a bunch of gay men in tinkerbell wings than see that again. Yuck.
    ~ Jill

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaPond View Post
    At Village Haus at Disneyland....a lady at the table next to us changed her kids diaper right there while we were eating. I'd much rather see a bunch of gay men in tinkerbell wings than see that again. Yuck.
    Jill that is beyond disgusting, I have a nasty WDW diaper story but your story beats mine by a mile. I had a family whose kid had explosive diahrea in the hotel pool not tell anyone, hose the kids down in the outdoor shower and then go into the hot tub. I TOLD!!!

My most bizarre story is, I was at Epcot during the flower power concert series and Boston was performing " More than a feeling". There was a family who interpreted the no shirt, no shoes, no service, very loosely. They were wearing pieces of denim, seriously. Like a vest but it was all falling apart, jean shorts that were falling apart and flip flops that were falling apart. They were super scary looking and one was in cowboy boots and in a wheel chair. He proceed to start smoking not tobacco with his"woman" and teenage kids. They were like something out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I kept waiting for Disney security to swarm and they didn't you could smell the not tobacco everywhere. I thought if I had ever broke down on the highway and that crew showed up I was a dead woman for sure.

I needed to add these people were almost naked, the falling apart vest had no shirt under it, and the jean short were SHORT and falling apart and the entire family was dressed like that. The" woman" had a bikini top on with pieces of denims over it.

ew. I love the idea of tinkerbell wings as opposed to this. Baby Centers are created for a reason!
    Brandi

Jill that is beyond disgusting, I have a nasty WDW diaper story but your story beats mine by a mile. I had a family whose kid had explosive diahrea in the hotel pool not tell anyone, hose the kids down in the outdoor shower and then go into the hot tub. I TOLD!!!

My most bizarre story is, I was at Epcot during the flower power concert series and Boston was performing " More than a feeling". There was a family who interpreted the no shirt, no shoes, no service, very loosely. They were wearing pieces of denim, seriously. Like a vest but it was all falling apart, jean shorts that were falling apart and flip flops that were falling apart. They were super scary looking and one was in cowboy boots and in a wheel chair. He proceed to start smoking not tobacco with his"woman" and teenage kids. They were like something out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I kept waiting for Disney security to swarm and they didn't you could smell the not tobacco everywhere. I thought if I had ever broke down on the highway and that crew showed up I was a dead woman for sure.

I needed to add these people were almost naked, the falling apart vest had no shirt under it, and the jean short were SHORT and falling apart and the entire family was dressed like that. The" woman" had a bikini top on with pieces of denims over it.
    Eww...your poo story is way worse!!! EEK! And that family sounds.....scary.
    ~ Jill

Your story is grosser, the family was very, very scary I figured they somehow hopped a fence to get in.

Your story is grosser, the family was very, very scary I figured they somehow hopped a fence to get in.
    I am going to go tweet the short shorts lady so you can see. Definitely one of the grossest things I saw on our recent trip. We were in line behind her and her family (husband and two kids) and everyone around us was whispering and pointing. I felt kind of bad for her. I mean...why didn't her husband tell her the outfit wasn't a good idea? Mine would never let me go out in public in something like that.
    ~ Jill

I personally liked the "America $%&@-yeah" couple you all posted! WDW is such a great hodge-podge!
    Brandi

I am going to go tweet the short shorts lady so you can see. Definitely one of the grossest things I saw on our recent trip. We were in line behind her and her family (husband and two kids) and everyone around us was whispering and pointing. I felt kind of bad for her. I mean...why didn't her husband tell her the outfit wasn't a good idea? Mine would never let me go out in public in something like that.
    I am checking twitter to see them

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I personally liked the "America $%&@-yeah" couple you all posted! WDW is such a great hodge-podge!

They were scary, we will gut you like a pig kind of scary. Not fun luvin hippies or we go to Sturgis for Bike week kind of people snd I would totally go to Sturgis for bike week. They would have made a Hell's Angel look twice.

I posted it. You will now need that brain bleach posted earlier in this thread...haha.
    ~ Jill

Jill wins the prize for "most need of brain bleach in a still picture taken at WDW 2012" the academy would like to thank you Jill.

I posted it. You will now need that brain bleach posted earlier in this thread...haha.
    Now I need to know your twitter handle - I can't not look.
    Lisa

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    I just saw. They were awful!!!

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

I've seen wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy worse.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I've seen wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy worse.
    Any photos?
    ~ Jill

As creepy as my photography may occasionally be, I don't often make an attempt to just take photos of individual people.