Thread: HEA viewing spots

HEA viewing spots

Last time we went to WDW (in Dec 2017), I researched the best viewing spots for watching HEA but wondered if the advice has changed at all? We ended up booking the Plaza Garden Dessert Party last time, so didn't end up using the advice so I am a bit rusty! I think a recommended spot was in the/in front of the garden area that is sort of opposite Plaza Garden. Is that still the case?
    Aug 1987 (ish) - WDW with parents and brother
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH
    Dec 2007 - WDW with DH and bump!
    Oct 2011 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2013 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2015 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2017 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2019 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL (I see a pattern emerging)!!

that's a shame
    We've pretty much given up on trying to find a "best" spot, and we just look for an unobstructed view in the hub area.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    We've pretty much given up on trying to find a "best" spot, and we just look for an unobstructed view in the hub area.
    Thank you :-) How long before? It will be the evening of 1/2. We've got an ADR at 5:05 at Liberty Tree Tavern and HEA is at 8pm (we usually allow around 2 hours for ADRs).
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by nats80 View Post
    Thank you :-) How long before? It will be the evening of 1/2. We've got an ADR at 5:05 at Liberty Tree Tavern and HEA is at 8pm (we usually allow around 2 hours for ADRs).
    I don't know about timing. 30-45 minutes maybe??

I can't remember where I read it, but someone had said that they watched HEA in front of Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe and it was a pretty good view considering they didn't have to stake out the spot very far in advance. Has anyone tried this?

We did the dessert party once, and the other two times we watched from the west garden. The first time, we staked out a spot about 45-60 minutes before HEA. We were among the first people there, and this was before part of it was reserved. The second time, we were able to slip in and stand on the far side only a few minutes before the show started. I'm not sure if we just got lucky?

that's a shame
    we were able to slip in and stand on the far side only a few minutes before the show started. I'm not sure if we just got lucky?
    That's what we do. We've always found space we can slide into. The last time we saw it, we stood next to a young couple who'd gotten engaged 20 minutes earlier, and it was their first WDW trip. I wanted to buy them something as an engagement gift (just popcorn) but it was raining so hard it would've been soaked.

From Disney Tourist Blog - https://www.disneytouristblog.com/ma...reworks-views/

I would try for as many of the following as possible:
    -Center view of the castle
    -Unobstructed view of the castle
    -Far enough from the castle to get the whole thing (and the skies above it) in view, but not too far that you can't see the projections (like from Main Street)

I recently watched it from the very side edge of the hub, because I got there pretty early and it was a great place to sit and have back support (I had done the 10k that morning!). The view was ok but I missed some of the coordination between the pyro and projections because of the extreme angle.
    Nov 2019-W&D 10K (Pop); Aug 2019-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

Quote Originally Posted by lovett1979 View Post
    From Disney Tourist Blog - https://www.disneytouristblog.com/ma...reworks-views/

I would try for as many of the following as possible:
    -Center view of the castle
    -Unobstructed view of the castle
    -Far enough from the castle to get the whole thing (and the skies above it) in view, but not too far that you can't see the projections (like from Main Street)

I recently watched it from the very side edge of the hub, because I got there pretty early and it was a great place to sit and have back support (I had done the 10k that morning!). The view was ok but I missed some of the coordination between the pyro and projections because of the extreme angle.
    Thank you!

In the link it describes 'the hump' as being located between the two FastPass+ viewing locations (and a bit to the south). I know there is longer FP+ for HEA (unless I have completely missed something), so I am not too sure where this 'hump' is. Can anyone point it out on a map/diagram for me pretty please?!
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH

Quote Originally Posted by nats80 View Post
    Thank you!

In the link it describes 'the hump' as being located between the two FastPass+ viewing locations (and a bit to the south). I know there is longer FP+ for HEA (unless I have completely missed something), so I am not too sure where this 'hump' is. Can anyone point it out on a map/diagram for me pretty please?!
    Old picture, but it is right here:

When you are there, it is easy to tell that the height is different than the rest of the street, and that you are just a little higher than everyone else. We aim for that area, or at least close.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Old picture, but it is right here:

When you are there, it is easy to tell that the height is different than the rest of the street, and that you are just a little higher than everyone else. We aim for that area, or at least close.
    Thank you!!!
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH