Thread: What order to make FPs?

What order to make FPs?

We're a little over a week away from our FP+ day and I'm trying to figure out what order to book my FPs in. I know that the general theory is to work from the last day backwards...but am concerned that if I do that I will have great selection for our last day but might miss out on FoP on our AK day. So...here's the schedule...what order would you book in?
    Day 1 - Saturday arrival - no parks
    Day 2 - MK
    Day 3 - Epcot
    Day 4 - AK
    Day 5 - MK
    Day 6 - Epcot
    Day 7 - DHS
    Day 8 - DHS

Am thinking the priority would be our AK day, then the DHS days...then maybe our MK days? I don't know...am also debating switching our second Epcot day with our AK day so we have a better shot at FoP (and those are days that we have no ADRs) but am not sure about that either.

THANKS for the help!

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    I think I would shoot for FoP first and then work from the last day backwards.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

FOP first, then I would hit Slinky next and 7DMT. Then work backwards from your last day.
    Cindy

A lot depends on how precise or detailed your plans are. I absolutely agree with Jill that FOP should be first. If you need 7DMT in a specific window on Day 2, I would get that one next before moving on to the 2 DHS days. Then I'd go back to the beginning. Basically, get the scarcest or most important FP+ first (FOP, SDD, 7DMT, anything you really need in a tight window), then go back to the beginning and work your way forward.

As far as FOP, since that's the first thing you'll be looking for, if you don't find anything you like at 60+3, then at that time you can decide to switch your AK day with the second Epcot day. I wouldn't worry about that potentially slowing me down too much.

Agree with everyone else to do FoP first. That is going to be the most time sensitive since you are right on the border for days with good availability. You may only be able to get a pm time at 63 days.

May not be able to get Mine train at 61 days or if you can get it, it might be later in the day. Mine train availability tends to vary more though with crowds. If it's low crowds and out of party season you'll probably have better luck than we did for Nov/Dec on party days. It depends on your plans if that needs to be priority #2 or do it at the end.

Slinky for HS days. They are so far into the trip that it should be pretty open for times all day at 66 and 67 days out, there just won't be that many people who are able to book it yet.

Mine train Day 5

Tier 1s for Epcot

Then fill in the low priority FP moving from first to last day

THANKS - that's really helpful! We'll be there the last week of January, so hypothetically a lower crowd time, but who knows. One other question - it's been a couple of years since we were last booking FPs...do I have to do an entire day's worth of FPs at once or can I bounce around for rides? Like, can I book FoP, Mine Train, Slinky, then go back and fill out the rest of the days...or do I have to book Animal Kingdom, MK, DHS, etc?

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by maranara View Post
    THANKS - that's really helpful! We'll be there the last week of January, so hypothetically a lower crowd time, but who knows. One other question - it's been a couple of years since we were last booking FPs...do I have to do an entire day's worth of FPs at once or can I bounce around for rides? Like, can I book FoP, Mine Train, Slinky, then go back and fill out the rest of the days...or do I have to book Animal Kingdom, MK, DHS, etc?

Thanks again!!
    You do not have to do the entire day at once anymore. That WAS a pain back in the day when you had to book a set of 3 FP to start and then modify.

Now you book single FP on any day you like and jump between days in any order. The only benefit of doing the full day is that you can click on "book another this day" at the bottom of the confirm screen and you skip the clicks to select party, day, and park. I like to use this option when I get to the "fill in" stage. But not when booking the original higher priority attractions. I will use the other option at the bottom of the confirm page "continue on another day" in the initial round to at least keep the same party of people, then I just have to select the day and park for my next high priority selection. This will all be pretty clear and intuitive once you are in the system and booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    You do not have to do the entire day at once anymore. That WAS a pain back in the day when you had to book a set of 3 FP to start and then modify.

Now you book single FP on any day you like and jump between days in any order. The only benefit of doing the full day is that you can click on "book another this day" at the bottom of the confirm screen and you skip the clicks to select party, day, and park. I like to use this option when I get to the "fill in" stage. But not when booking the original higher priority attractions. I will use the other option at the bottom of the confirm page "continue on another day" in the initial round to at least keep the same party of people, then I just have to select the day and park for my next high priority selection. This will all be pretty clear and intuitive once you are in the system and booking.
    Aha! Thank you so much! I'll definitely jump around days and book the headliners first. Now to cross all my fingers and toes that I can snag what we want...:)

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    For general info about FPP priority, look at Josh's latest Cheat Sheets for each park, where he lists, in priority order, each attraction.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Just wanted to come back and say thank you to everyone who helped me! Booked our FPs this morning and used the order you suggested. Other then the frustration with how many times the system just stopped working, I got all of the rides we wanted. Not at the times we wanted, but at least we have the FPs! Will be checking back over the next 60 days to see if I can move some of those 4:30 FPs (especially the 7DMT on our first park day) earlier...or at least try to eliminate some of the criss-crossing of the parks that I've accidentally created for us!

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Yay! Glad it was a success!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]