Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Not So Scary All Grownups Trip! 11/1 - 11/8

PART FOURTEEN: MORNING AT EPCOT AND A SECRET CHEVROLET ROOM

Nobody else was able to get up early enough to rope drop with me and DH on our last full day at Disney. We did the EMH at EPCOT, and it was awesome to show up only a half hour early and still be the first ones at IG. They let us scan in at about 7:40 and then held us by Rose and Crown, before letting us go about 7:55.

We made our first stop at Soarin', walking right on. After a narrow miss with the slightly leaning Eiffel Tower, we wanted to do Figment, but it isn't part of EMH, so we did SE instead. It always predicts that we're going to become space tourists. So glorious to just walk on both attractions.

After getting off SE, the park was a few minutes away from opening to commoners, so we proceeded over to Figment. We got a Funko Pop in the gift shop of Chef Figment, which is apparently special for the Food and Wine Fest. It's adorable and I cannot live without it.

By 9:30, the wait at Test Track had already soared to 60 minutes, but that was ok because we had FP. We waited for the rest of the family to arrive, then boarded. DH's and my car got second place...again. One day, victory will be ours.

After getting off the actual ride, SIL wanted to look at the real cars, since she is in fact in the market for a new car. While she was looking at them, sitting in one, and generally fantasizing about getting a new pickup, a cast member came over to us. She asked if we drove Chevys, and we all replied that we did, since each of our households all have at least one Chevy in it. Then, she asked us if we all wanted to come with her, so we could see the Chevrolet lounge. I never heard of this before, but apparently Chevy has offices at EPCOT, and they pick a few people every day to come up to the lounge and get some free soda, take pictures, and also free passes to ride Test Track again. There didn't seem to be any other angle to it, as nobody tried to sell us a car or anything. It was just a cool 20 minutes.

FB_IMG_1574962420014.jpg

FB_IMG_1574962459788.jpg

FB_IMG_1574962470588.jpg

Afterward, we used FP at Mission: Space. I believe the posted wait at 10:30AM was 35 minutes. From there, the plan for the rest of the day was to head over to World Showcase, and overindulge. Which we did with abandon, because we are very wild and crazy. *nods*

Next time: F&W stuff! Maybe our reviews will be different than Josh's!
    Sincerely, Me.

PART FIFTEEN: FOOD AND WINE STUFF

Here's a rundown of what we shoved in our faces during our time in World Showcase, and what we thought about them.

Shimmering Sips - Banana Almond Soft Serve Ice Cream

This was tasty and super welcome on a day when the temperature hit 90 degrees. Once it melted, it became a lovely smoothie.

Chocolate Studio - Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle

It's as great as Josh says it is.

Hawaii - Teriyaki-glazed Spam Hash

Soooooo good even though the day was so hot. Would eat again.

20191107_124300.jpg

Ireland - Bunratty Meade Honey Wine

DH is a huge meade fan, as in he wants to learn how to make his own. I thought this was good, but he really loved it.

France - La Passion Martini Slushy

I drank this while watching a mime, and I still enjoyed it. That should tell you something.

Belgium - Golden Malted Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream

I can eat breakfast for dinner, because I'm an adult! The waffle was a little crunchy, but yummy other than that.
    20191107_124311.jpg

Morocco - Chocolate Baklava

VERY rich and VERY sweet. I couldn't handle more than a couple of bites.

Italy - We stopped at Via Napoli for pizza here, which was DH's one food-related request for the entire trip. We like the pizza, but we liked our Cannoli and Tiramisu martinis even more. Drinking your dessert!

China - Mango Bubble Tea

It's always a good time for bubble tea. Another refreshing entry.
    20191107_135422.jpg

Mexico - Clasica Reyes Margarita

A good last drink before heading back to the pool and a night's sleep, ahead of our flight out the following day.

Next time: the end of the report. Boo.

20191107_135446.jpg
    Sincerely, Me.