Thread: EEMH post-ROTR opening?

EEMH post-ROTR opening?

What's the over/under on Disney offering Extra Extra Magic Hours after Rise of the Resistance opens?

he's right
    I think chances are low. It did not seem well-used based on e.g. Josh’s reports. I wonder if it was meant to help backfill what is already a low-crowd time combined with people thinking they’d wait until the whole land opened.

I'm holding hope HS will at minimum release a daily 1 hr EEMH after RoR opens.

The protocol for the last few openings (FoP/Pandora, SDD/TSL, Smugglers Run/GE) was EMH's daily for roughly 60 days iirc.

With what is expected to be the highest interest ride we have seen in recent history coinciding with holiday crowds, Bob needs to get on the ball here.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

I agree I'd expect daily 1 hr EMH for maybe December 5 through marathon weekend in January. It just makes me cry that all those beautiful EEMHs were wasted on low crowds. Frankly I don't think they want the "star wars failed" publicity and will be happy for big crowds and long lines. How frustrating to have done the initial roll out so well that it wasn't an operations debacle only to have that backfire and become a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I agree I'd expect daily 1 hr EMH for maybe December 5 through marathon weekend in January. It just makes me cry that all those beautiful EEMHs were wasted on low crowds. Frankly I don't think they want the "star wars failed" publicity and will be happy for big crowds and long lines. How frustrating to have done the initial roll out so well that it wasn't an operations debacle only to have that backfire and become a negative.

Yeah, too much of a good thing at the wrong time. If they let RoR/Skyliner/Holidays become the madhouse they tried to avoid this fall, people might rightfully be concerned booking 50th Anniversary & Epcot opening trips. Somewhere in between sparse and insane crowds seems the wisest. They have enough tech and data to control the outcome.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

I'm really hoping they announce one. We're arriving on the 9th, and hubs and I would definitely get up really early to get on it. EMMH was amazing.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

The clock is ticking and still not a peep. Beside concerns of crowds, not seeing any EEMHs worries me about an RoR delay.

I wish I remembered how far in advance they announced EEMH for the land's opening. Also having DL open first gave us an idea of what it'd be like.

I just really hope to get on it next month and not wait 10000 minutes to do it! It'll be my hubs first time in SWGE and I really hope the crowds don't ruin enjoying the atmosphere of the place because it really is beautiful.
    Tricia

I saw several outlets reporting today that hours across the resort were extended on opening day (12/5), but nothing other than that so far. Seems unlikely at this point that we'll see any EEMH-type promotion.

he's right
    I just really hope to get on it next month and not wait 10000 minutes to do it!
    If they aren't using FP+, it won't be horrendous, especially right at the first thing and later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    If they aren't using FP+, it won't be horrendous, especially right at the first thing and later in the day.
    I'm thinking since we have PH, hubs and I will each take a night and get in line before park close. If they do the waive of return times like they did before then I'm not sure what we'll do.
    Tricia