Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney+

I have the app on my tv, but nothing’s happening—just blue. I feel like an idiot, but I can’t find anything online to help. I have a Samsung that I’m pretty sure I got in 2016...
    Brandi

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I have the app on my tv, but nothing’s happening—just blue. I feel like an idiot, but I can’t find anything online to help. I have a Samsung that I’m pretty sure I got in 2016...
    It seems like it takes a LONG time to load. I kept clicking it and nothing happened and then I gave up to watch something else and every couple of minutes it would launch and kick me out of what I was in. I rebooted my TV but I'm not sure that made a difference.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

he's right
    Bummer. I haven’t had any troubles on either an Apple TV or an iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    If the performance through the Samsung Smart TV app doesn't improve, I'll probably try out the app through my XBox next.

By the way, any user interface designer who requires users to enter data (email and password) through an on-screen keyboard that is not QWERTY should be launched into the sun.

It's like Disney+ knows who had faith in it before the launch ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    By the way, any user interface designer who requires users to enter data (email and password) through an on-screen keyboard that is not QWERTY should be launched into the sun.
    Amen to that, along with not having "@gmail.com" or "@yahoo.com" or even just ".com" as options to click.

I have a 2018 Samsung Smart Tv. The app was never available for me to download, but it got pushed to the TV around 6am on the 12th. Hubby tested all devices using Chromecast before 5am. They all worked fine. Samsung app worked fine when we found it. We watched Mandalorian that night around 7pm using the Samsung app, no hiccups. So far, other than a slight delay on loading ( less than 30 seconds) it seems to work fine.

I'm glad they did not remaster the movies and cartoons that have outdated cultural issues. They just give you the warning of what you may see. Whoopie Goldberg would be proud.
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

We have a Vizio TV in our living room so we weren't able to get the Disney+ app. We have a google chromecast stick we never set up (it was just collecting dust) so hubs set that up today so we can connect our phone.

Bring on the binge watching!!!!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

Quote Originally Posted by ThemeParkCommando View Post

I'm glad they did not remaster the movies and cartoons that have outdated cultural issues. They just give you the warning of what you may see. Whoopie Goldberg would be proud.
    Agreed, glad they left everything in original form. My husband guffawed out loud when he read that phrase. It really is the perfect Disney euphemism.

Has anyone been able to find Charlie the Lonesome Cougar (1967) or Yellowstone Bears (I know it's probably tops on everyone's list, right)? We love all those nostalgic Disney "nature" films or anything from Sunday nights on the Wonderful World of Disney. I wish there was a way to have all those grouped together in a search to see what is available.

Quote Originally Posted by ThemeParkCommando View Post
    I have a 2018 Samsung Smart Tv. The app was never available for me to download, but it got pushed to the TV around 6am on the 12th.
    OH -- that was the other thing that annoyed me. It auto-downloaded and when it was unresponsive (and then kept launching and kicking me out of Netflix) I wanted to delete it and reinstall it, and the option to delete it is greyed out. So I guess it's doubly pushy.

Alright, finally figured out how to download the app, watching the Mandalorian now!!
    Brandi

that's a shame
    The Mandalorian. It feels like a spaghetti western set in an alien universe, with a dash of Indiana Jones adventure. It's really enjoyable.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The Mandalorian. It feels like a spaghetti western set in an alien universe, with a dash of Indiana Jones adventure. It's really enjoyable.
    It's fantastic, and my only complaint is the theme sounds like it came from the Rocky soundtrack. We haven't even seen Ming-Na or Gus Fring's characters yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Agreed, glad they left everything in original form. My husband guffawed out loud when he read that phrase. It really is the perfect Disney euphemism.

Has anyone been able to find Charlie the Lonesome Cougar (1967) or Yellowstone Bears (I know it's probably tops on everyone's list, right)? We love all those nostalgic Disney "nature" films or anything from Sunday nights on the Wonderful World of Disney. I wish there was a way to have all those grouped together in a search to see what is available.
    Anne, Yellowstone Bears is in the documentary section and I am watching Perri right now. As for grouping, choose one and then look at what is suggested below it. I'm finding that works fairly well for finding similar titles.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Yes, i think it’s a lot of fun and really well done. My kids then commandeered and we watched some high school musical nonsense that they enjoyed. Then my little guy, we’ll not so little anymore, watched the Three Cabelleros. There’s a nice mix of programs.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Anne, Yellowstone Bears is in the documentary section and I am watching Perri right now. As for grouping, choose one and then look at what is suggested below it. I'm finding that works fairly well for finding similar titles.
    Thanks!

We finally sat down and watched the Imagineering story for family movie night last night. Loved it! Afterward my 8 year old said "Now I really can't wait to get to Disney" (he's not been as excited about going next week. I think with APs this year we've gone so much it's not as exciting a build-up).

But it also makes me sad when I see the contrast to today. Sure it's a white-washed version of Walt Disney. Yes, he was still a businessman and interested in making a profit. But not to the exclusion of all else. The heart and the playfulness and the frontiersmen-like innovation of that Golden Age are gone.

he's right
    Gabler’s excellent biography will disabuse you of some of the Kind Old Uncle Walt nostalgia. (It is also excellent.)
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/118824.Walt_Disney

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Gabler’s excellent biography will disabuse you of some of the Kind Old Uncle Walt nostalgia. (It is also excellent.)
    Agreed. I think the PBS two-part documentary (American Experience?) did a good job of adapting Gabler’s findings, warts and all.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

But what if I don't want to be disabused ;-)

Looks interesting. I get that he was no saint. After reading that biography do you feel he was just as mercenary as the current regime, just better at hiding it? The glow of those who worked directly with him when they speak of him and his passion seems genuine.

he's right
    Here's an example: there is good evidence (not in Gabler's book, but rather in Fogelsong's equally excellent Married to the Mouse) that Walt knew that Epcot could never have permanent residents, and he knew it before he recorded the Florida Project film. The latter's promise of a modern city rethought from the ground up was key in convincing the Florida legislature to essentially let Disney's lawyers write the legislation that created Reedy Creek, Disney's very own private government.

So yeah, pretty darn mercenary.

That's not to say he didn't also believe that eventually there would be a city in some form. But, he knew that it couldn't contain permanent residents, because there was no way to prevent their ability to vote in RCID elections. There's a reason that, for example, all WDW hotel T&C fine print includes language acknowledging that staying in a WDW Resort room does not make you a resident.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

he's right
    If you are relying on a Smart TV for streaming, it might be worth getting a separate streaming player. I have both apple TV and Roku; the latter are quite affordable.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/smar...mecast-2019-11

(It was not trivial to buy a "dumb" TV when I had to replace one recently, but I am glad I did.)

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    If you are relying on a Smart TV for streaming, it might be worth getting a separate streaming player. I have both apple TV and Roku; the latter are quite affordable.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/smar...mecast-2019-11

(It was not trivial to buy a "dumb" TV when I had to replace one recently, but I am glad I did.)
    I'm thinking of replacing the Samsung Smart TV that I bought for my daughter 3 years ago with a Roku TV like I have. She has an Xbox One and could use that for streaming but it may be better to just have a TV that handles that in case something happens with the Xbox.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Our smart TV (2 year old Sony with Android TV) is working great for Disney+ app and 4k video... but I am stuck with only stereo sound not 5.1. Our much older Chromecast is not even 4k capable, but gets 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus perfectly.

Considering buying a Roku going forward.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV