Thread: How does rider switch work with Smugglers Run?

How does rider switch work with Smugglers Run?

Ordinarily, rider switch functions basically as an extra FP+ for party #2, and party #2 uses the fastpass queue. But there's no fastpass line at Smugglers Run, or at least the fastpass queue is not being used or staffed there. So how does party #2 "skip" the line at Smugglers Run? Do they have to wait in the regular queue with party #1? Do they get to go in the fastpass queue that exists but is unused?

I don't know specifically about this ride, but they don't give riders switch passes at all rides.

ETA: Also, you can't be in line at all if you don't meet height requirements (so no carrying baby up in line then switching at the ride).

Thanks. I thought all rides with height requirements had rider switch. Disney's site doesn't list Smugglers Run as having rider switch, though touringplans does. I actually would trust touringplans over Disney in this case, given that Disney's rider switch page has had quite a bit of incorrect information on it in the past.

Some googling led me to a reddit thread saying that Rider Switch and DAS holders can use the fastpass queue. I would not trust that very much, either.

Quote Originally Posted by hizouse View Post
    Thanks. I thought all rides with height requirements had rider switch. Disney's site doesn't list Smugglers Run as having rider switch, though touringplans does. I actually would trust touringplans over Disney in this case, given that Disney's rider switch page has had quite a bit of incorrect information on it in the past.

Some googling led me to a reddit thread saying that Rider Switch and DAS holders can use the fastpass queue. I would not trust that very much, either.
    I would have guessed DAS and RS use the FP queue, so I'd probably put a little trust in that information. The FP queue is there (although not in use for FP yet) and DAS has to have somewhere to go. Plus the ride has a height requirement so would be expected to have RS.

I haven't done MFSR at Hollywood Studios, but recently did it at Disneyland. They sent us (party 2) up a different ramp than the regular que. It ran alongside the regular que for a bit then turned and we walked until we met a cast member who stopped the regular line and let us in. So my guess is this was the future FP line.