Thread: Pay for Magic band ?

Question Pay for Magic band ?

My Disney experience says I can choose my magic bands. If I choose the ones that are 10 or 15 dollars do I pay for them now or will the cost of the be added to my package total that I pay for 30 days before my check in date? TIA

Granted, it's been a couple of years since we went to Disney, but I don't remember paying extra for the Bands. I booked our trip through Disney, stayed on site and just got the plain bands. Unless something has changed,I don't think you pay extra.
    Living The Dream

They still have the free ones but they also offer new character bands but you have to pay for them.

I paid for mine when I chose them.

Carrie

Ok, thanks

FYI, If you do any of the $10-15 paid ones, they will mail them soon after you pay (including any "free" plain color ones you order with it), and not wait until 30 days before. We had our bands mailed many months ago, even though the trip isn't until January.

Note that the process of selecting the special ones has proven to be very frustrating... even though it has been an option for a while now, still many issues with things not being available even though they show up on the site, and what is available to select from on the site changes often. DW has 2 different ones she likes, and have been unsuccessfully trying to order them for many months.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    FYI, If you do any of the $10-15 paid ones, they will mail them soon after you pay (including any "free" plain color ones you order with it), and not wait until 30 days before. We had our bands mailed many months ago, even though the trip isn't until January.

Note that the process of selecting the special ones has proven to be very frustrating... even though it has been an option for a while now, still many issues with things not being available even though they show up on the site, and what is available to select from on the site changes often. DW has 2 different ones she likes, and have been unsuccessfully trying to order them for many months.
    I've been trying for 45 days to order the bands my kids selected (they gave me a few options each). When any combination of the bands show up as an option, either one of two things happen that prevent me from buying them: (1) after I click on the band to order it, I am told it is now sold out; or (2) after I've made all my selections and hit the "proceed to checkout" button, I am told one of the bands is now sold out. I contacted Disney about this and they said they are working on this technical issue with their vendor and that I just need to keep trying.

Maybe I should just stick with the free ones

We didn’t get upgraded ones. I didn’t see any designs that I thought were worth the hassle.
    Brandi

Just an insider tip... refresh the page at 8:42am central time. repeat from 8:42-9am. This is the most common time I've found them to be updated. You need to be lightening fast to get certain ones, but as soon as they're posted is your best bet.
    ~Trisha~
    Luxury Family Vacation Planner
    https://www.facebook.com/TrishaWrightTravelAgency