Thread: Do I need a FP for Animation Experience

Do I need a FP for Animation Experience

Just read that the Animation Experience in AK will be doing villain characters (instead of Lion King) and that intrigues me more. So now I want to do it during my November 3 visit. I think the 10:45 class fits my plan the best, but already have my FPs tied-up. What have people's experiences been with this attraction? Does it fill up? Do I need a FP?
    Nov 2019-W&D 10K (Pop); Aug 2019-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

When I did it a few weeks ago, they let the FP+ people in first, then standby. So if you want to sit right up front, a FP+ would be a good idea. However, it looked to me as if there was really no advantage-there were TV monitors and it seemed as if everyone could see fine. The morning class was pretty full-I don't know if any of the stand bys were turned away, but I wouldn't be surprised. In case anyone's interested in the afternoon, I went to the late afternoon class one day, and even after they let everyone in, there were still empty seats. However, it might become more popular, I suspect, as word gets around.

We went last week and did a early afternoon show. Most of the stand-by people did not get let in. So, I would recommend it.
    Cindy

My only experience was doing it once in the afternoon in early-mid August. We showed up as standby just a few minutes before and got seats. Our particular class was ~80% full I'd guess. With the monitors, viewing was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by cboyer View Post
    We went last week and did a early afternoon show. Most of the stand-by people did not get let in. So, I would recommend it.
    I suspect that, as I thought, word has gotten around. So I agree that a FP+ is a good idea.
    I'm surprised, and somewhat disappointed, that they've switched to villains as what's being drawn. The two times I did it, we drew two different Lion King characters. But maybe if they're drawing animal villains, like Scar, rather than Ursula or witches, that might be better.