Thread: Storybook Dining at Artist Point

Storybook Dining at Artist Point

We dined here on Friday, October 4th. We were all really excited to try this place. It opened last year on the last day of our trip so wouldn't have worked out. My kids are big fans of the movie Snow White. Most importantly the Evil Queen and the witch she turns into which they call Mizrabel. (which I actually think thats from Castle of Illusions, but this name has stuck for her in our house). Its a big thing. Along with the 7 Dwarfs.

So we arrived at Artist Point and checked in at the desk. It was a only a little wait. There was a cast member set up nearby with a pin cart and big board to trade at so that occupied our time. We then were called and sat a table that was for 6 just for the 4 of us. So that was great. Whenever you get an extra big table at Disney I feel its a plus. The tables were not crowded in the restaurant either as can be the case at character dining. Our table was also right at the area you meet the Evil Queen. It was perfect. We got to watch her interactions most of the night.

The decor in the restaurant is nice as well with the branches and twinkle lights.

We sat down and quickly had our drink order taken. The first course was brought along while we met Snow White, Dopey, and Grumpy shortly after. Our waiter Steve was really good and very attentive. We all enjoyed our appetizers. They were unique, but very good. I appreciated the different take on the character dining. It felt much more like Cinderella's Royal Table, but actually more food and only one credit. We even remarked during the meal that I'm sure this may go up to two credits at some point.

We did have quite a wait on our main courses. Steve our waiter came over and apologized. He said he had spoken to the manager as well. We had been enjoying watching the evil queen that we really weren't worried. The time our meals did come out though it was time to meet the Evil Queen ourselves. They give you this card of sorts to say you are summoned. The manager did come over to us and say that he would hold her and let us be the last before she took her break so that we could eat some first. He called us over when it was time and this actually gave us an extra bit of time with her since no one else was up there.

In regards to our meals. My prime rib was excellent. All of food was great. The kids had the chicken.

The desserts then were very good as well. The gooseberry pie and miners treasures were the two hits for us.

This was definitely a hit for us at one credit. Even more so for the quality of food and being a character dining meal. We really enjoyed the character meals that are not buffets overall so not having to feel rushed to get back to not miss a character. (the only exception is 1900 Park Fare breakfast to this) This would be on my list to repeat again on another trip for sure.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

Thanks for the review. We plan to go on our next trip.