Thread: MK morning on an evening EMH day

MK morning on an evening EMH day

We're arriving late tuesday night, Nov 26th, visiting MK on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday as evening EMH so it will probably be crowded. Not the best day to visit, but for a last minute trip and FPs already limited, it is what it is. I'd like to each lunch around 11:00 to beat most of the crowds. Unfortunately nothing is available at Be Our Guest. Here's what I'm thinking:

Rope drop, arriving at MK by 8:00am
    -7DMT
    -Space Mountain
    -Buzz
    -Teacups
    -Dumbo
    -Barnstormer
    -Lunch at Pinocchio... will we be here by 11:00am?
    FPs: Haunted Mansion (12:30-1:30), Splash (1:30-2:30), BTMRR (2:50-3:50).

OR

-7DMT
    -Teacups (since we're passing right by)
    -Space Mountain
    -Astro Orbiter
    -Buzz
    -People mover
    -Laugh Factory (if there's time)
    -Lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace... here by 11:00?
    FPs are the same.

Thoughts?

I was going to say that you'd probably make it, but I have no experience during a holiday week. I'd guess the first one is more doable, and a lot depends on how close to the front of the rope drop crowd you are.

For either option, I'd hope to be done with Space by 9:40 (probably skipping Teacups in the second option unless you were in the first few 7DMT trains), leaving you an average of 20 minutes for the 4 remaining attractions. At least you have some flexibility if you fall behind since you don't really need to be at HM until 1:30.

Quote Originally Posted by hizouse View Post
    I was going to say that you'd probably make it, but I have no experience during a holiday week. I'd guess the first one is more doable, and a lot depends on how close to the front of the rope drop crowd you are.

For either option, I'd hope to be done with Space by 9:40 (probably skipping Teacups in the second option unless you were in the first few 7DMT trains), leaving you an average of 20 minutes for the 4 remaining attractions. At least you have some flexibility if you fall behind since you don't really need to be at HM until 1:30.
    Yeah, my main concern is lunch. Being a holiday week, I'm trying to avoid the crazy lunch rush. And if we finish early, we can visit a couple any time attractions such as Laugh Factory, Philharmagic, Tiki room, etc before HM.

Quote Originally Posted by projectx View Post
    And if we finish early, we can visit a couple any time attractions such as Laugh Factory, Philharmagic, Tiki room, etc before HM.
    FPs: Haunted Mansion (12:30-1:30), Splash (1:30-2:30), BTMRR (2:50-3:50).

^ You can probably do 1 (maybe 2) on your way between HM and Splash too if need be.

Teacups is quick but it might be better to save it for late evening since the line should go back down to early morning levels. Your other planned rides have a better chance of not being backed up yet the sooner you get to them. Personally, Teacups are more fun at nite.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

With EMH in the evening, it won't be crowded as crowded as you think in the morning. Hotel guests don't do RD because they will be there late. Non guest typically avoid the EMH park. So mornings at MK when there are evening EMH is good. Usually the one with evening EMH is the best one to do in the morning.

I see you doing 7DMT, and SM. Do you also have a younger child who can't do those? I am asking because Barnstormer seems out of place given those 2 other rides.

When seeing if a plan works I like to put in times
    7DMT 9:00-9:20
    SM - 9:30 - 10:05
    Buzz - 10:05 - 10:20
    Teacups - 10:25 to 10:40
    Dumbo - 10:45 to 11:00+ - might be at Pinocchio at 11 (or a little after), but this doesn't include Barnstormer. Of course if time allows then go for it.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    I see you doing 7DMT, and SM. Do you also have a younger child who can't do those? I am asking because Barnstormer seems out of place given those 2 other rides.
    No, our kids will be 9, 7, and 7. Barnstormer is more of a beginner coaster, but they really don't care if it's 200ft tall or 20ft tall. If it has rails and wheels, they want on it.

The issue is 7DMT. If the FPs weren't already all gone, this would be a lot easier!

Iíve been at Thanksgiving a few years ago, and we will be there this year again. I think you need to ask yourself how long you are willing to wait for 7DMT. If you get there, and it is longer than you are willing to wait, go straight to SM. Then, Astro Orb, Buzz, and Laughing Floor if time (maybe Buzz before Astro). 11 lunch is smart. Donít go any later than 11. We try to get there right before 11. It saves so much time. Then we do lots of any time rides. Wait to do dumbo, barnstormer, tea cups, and people mover. Tea cups is very fun at night! I like 7DMT. But, Iím not willing to wait an hour for it if I can be riding other things. Just my take on it.