Thread: Various Hollywood Studios questions

Various Hollywood Studios questions

1) Disney is showing the opening hours at HS on 12/21 as 9am - 9pm. It also shows Fantasmic! at 9pm (which I know is usual), but also Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM at 10pm?? The reason I ask is that we were thinking about getting in line for Slinky Dog just before closing, but I don't know whether that will be at 9pm or 10pm?

2) If the Beauty and the Beast show is scheduled for 1pm, what times will the FP+ window be? Same question for Indiana Jones? I'm just trying to work out what time the next FP+ would be for our next ride?

3) I realise this is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but if you had to guess - what would the single rider wait be for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster on 12/21 mid-morning?
    Last edited by nats80; 09-29-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Aug 1987 (ish) - WDW with parents and brother
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH
    Dec 2007 - WDW with DH and bump!
    Oct 2011 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2013 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2015 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2017 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2019 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL (I see a pattern emerging)!!

Quote Originally Posted by nats80 View Post
    1) Disney is showing the opening hours at HS on 12/21 as 9am - 9pm. It also shows Fantasmic! at 9pm (which I know is usual), but also Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM at 10pm?? The reason I ask is that we were thinking about getting in line for Slinky Dog just before closing, but I don't know whether that will be at 9pm or 10pm?

2) If the Beauty and the Beast show is scheduled for 1pm, what times will the FP+ window be? Same question for Indiana Jones? I'm just trying to work out what time the next FP+ would be for our next ride?

3) I realise this is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but if you had to guess - what would the single rider wait be for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster on 12/21 mid-morning?
    So, I have a 4:00 Beauty&Beast and it says to arrive between 3:30-3:50. Same for Jones... arrive 30 minutes before. You could probably arrive 35 minutes before, but we are going to wait until closer to show time. It says Beauty&Beast is lasts from 4:00-4:25. So, I'm assuming you can schedule a ride after that 25 minute window. For Jones, it is 30 minutes long. Also, know that Jones is a bigger theater, so it takes a bit longer to get out, I would think.

As far as what times everything is open at Christmas, that is totally up in the air as of now. I've been at Christmas time and they are pretty generous with early morning openings and staying open late night. In the past, MK had very generous hours. I'm not sure about HS though. I'd guess they won't close until 10 that day. Sometimes they close rides early, even if they stay open, but I wouldn't imagine they'd close Slinky. There might be someone that can answer that question better than me. I'm usually the one asking questions. : ) Also, my husband did some single rider during Xmas week, and he never waited that long for high priority rides. Maybe 10 minutes at the most?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW101 View Post
    So, I have a 4:00 Beauty&Beast and it says to arrive between 3:30-3:50. Same for Jones... arrive 30 minutes before. You could probably arrive 35 minutes before, but we are going to wait until closer to show time. It says Beauty&Beast is lasts from 4:00-4:25. So, I'm assuming you can schedule a ride after that 25 minute window. For Jones, it is 30 minutes long. Also, know that Jones is a bigger theater, so it takes a bit longer to get out, I would think.

As far as what times everything is open at Christmas, that is totally up in the air as of now. I've been at Christmas time and they are pretty generous with early morning openings and staying open late night. In the past, MK had very generous hours. I'm not sure about HS though. I'd guess they won't close until 10 that day. Sometimes they close rides early, even if they stay open, but I wouldn't imagine they'd close Slinky. There might be someone that can answer that question better than me. I'm usually the one asking questions. : ) Also, my husband did some single rider during Xmas week, and he never waited that long for high priority rides. Maybe 10 minutes at the most?
    Thank you!

I think my main 'unknown' is when I'll be able to book my 2nd FP+ if the 1st one is, for example the Indiana Jones 1pm show?

That sounds promising re the queue time for single rider. We're planning on being in HS on 12/21 and have never managed to ride Rock 'n' Roll Coaster previously for one reason or another so really want to do it this time (but not use a FP+ due to the new tiers).

Maybe Slinky will close at 9pm if the park is scheduled to close then (even if Jingle Bell Jingle BAM is at 10pm), so we can aim to get in line at about 8:45pm-ish.

Planning this year seems a lot more complicated than last time we were at WDW!
    Aug 1987 (ish) - WDW with parents and brother
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH
    Dec 2007 - WDW with DH and bump!
    Oct 2011 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2013 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2015 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2017 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2019 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL (I see a pattern emerging)!!