Thread: Sunday Nov 24th RD

Sunday Nov 24th RD

This is our plan the Sunday that starts Thanksgiving week. I'm hoping they open it to 6am for EMH. If they don't, how should I change it to fit 8-9? Right now, it is 8-9.

1. Slinky Dog
    2. Slinky Dog ride second time if we have time
    3. Toy Story Mania
    4. Alien Swirling Saucers
    5. Walk to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: 7:30
    6. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster again if we have time.
    7. Tower of Terror: (might have time to ride twice or go to Star Tours and ride it before Falcon)
    8. Walk to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: 8:45- just so we get there before 9

Fun! Following...
    I have not even read enough yet to comment on your plan....BUT just really confirmed today that we will be there that week too!!!! SO excited! It's been way too long since weve gottenour WDW fix!
    Erika Twitter@lulamaye
    Past trips:
    CHILDHOOD:
    1971 - OPENING YEAR (i was 5 months old w a sitter in a WDW resort HA!) once or twice as child to WDW and DL
    1981 - Opening YEAR of Epcot.
    PRESENT:
    DEC 2005 First Fam trip AKL 2008 POP 2009 POR 2010 AoA 2012 AoA
    2014 WH 2015 WH

Quote Originally Posted by Erika View Post
    Fun! Following...
    I have not even read enough yet to comment on your plan....BUT just really confirmed today that we will be there that week too!!!! SO excited! It's been way too long since weve gottenour WDW fix!
    We are excited too! Just trying to figure out how to navigate all the changes since the last time we went. I used to think I knew the parks pretty well, but so much has changed. The last time I accessed easywdw.com, there were no ads. LOL. I really like his site and their book.

I'll be there that week too. But I'm not holding out any hope for 6 am EEMH :-(

It's too bad but my guess is after all the "wasted" $ on EEMH in Sept they won't care that the crowds will be heavier and the EEMH might actually be well attended that week. They have shown time and again that the guest experience is seconday to the bottom line. Frankly I was surprised they were willing to shell out for EEMH at all. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think the best we will get is 8 am open with a 7 am EMH. A single hour for EMH so no time for waits to drop at the falcon before the off site crowds come in.

My plan is 2 days RD HS. One day RD GE, The other day RD everything else (we were able to get FP for slinky so that makes things easier). I think it's better to have a conservative plan and know you can get to everything you'd like to do with the existing hours. Then if they do something special like EEMH it's just a great bonus. So keep the above plan as a "in case we get lucky" (it's pretty similar to what Josh was able to accomplish during EEMH). But have a realistic plan too assuming current operating hours.

I think you need to count on regular extra magic hours. Unfortunately, I think they’ll end those extra extra magic hours as scheduled.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I'll be there that week too. But I'm not holding out any hope for 6 am EEMH :-(

It's too bad but my guess is after all the "wasted" $ on EEMH in Sept they won't care that the crowds will be heavier and the EEMH might actually be well attended that week. They have shown time and again that the guest experience is seconday to the bottom line. Frankly I was surprised they were willing to shell out for EEMH at all. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think the best we will get is 8 am open with a 7 am EMH. A single hour for EMH so no time for waits to drop at the falcon before the off site crowds come in.

My plan is 2 days RD HS. One day RD GE, The other day RD everything else (we were able to get FP for slinky so that makes things easier). I think it's better to have a conservative plan and know you can get to everything you'd like to do with the existing hours. Then if they do something special like EEMH it's just a great bonus. So keep the above plan as a "in case we get lucky" (it's pretty similar to what Josh was able to accomplish during EEMH). But have a realistic plan too assuming current operating hours.
    Dang, I was thinking people might tell me this. Instead of getting on my soapbox and saying how wrong that is during the holiday season... what does this look like if I break into two? Also, do you think we will know by mid October?

Sunday Nov 24th AM (right now this is listed as the only EMH day of the week, I think)
    Falcon will take most of the time, Star Tours, and head to RnR and ToT. We will probably get to RnR after 9, but hopefully crowds won't be that bad. We might get lucky early in the week.
    Tues Nov 26th AM (as of now, there is no AM EMH this day at any park- only PM EMH at Epcot)
    Slinky, Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirl, RnR and ToT might be a good plan.

We got a FP+ for Slinky too, thank goodness. Going Monday afternoon and Thursday afternoon, as well. Thanksgiving afternoon will be crazy, I know. By that time, we will have done most of the rides in the morning.