Thread: Winter Promos?

Winter Promos?

Are we due for some promos soon? I have a late February trip planned and I'm looking for a room-only discount. I feel like in the past the winter deals have come out by this time already?

According to Mousesavers, winter discounts have come out this week or next the past several years. I, too, am watching like a hawk.
    Jen

The room discounts for stays in early 2019 (Jan-Apr) came out on 9/26/18 and the room discounts for stays in early 2018 came out on 10/3/17. So, I imagine that we will see the discounts for early 2020 released within the next week.

Still waiting patiently for a room-only deal...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by 3girls1pup View Post
    Still waiting patiently for a room-only deal...sigh.
    You're better than I. I'm definitely waiting impatiently!
    Jen

The deal is out! Plus it looks like there is a gift card kicker.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...offer/details/

Yep. I just got back $350, plus the gift card. Then I checked Southwest and got another $45/pp back there. Not a bad Friday morning.
    Last edited by BSS; 10-04-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    Jen

I was bummed to see the Poly wasn't part of the promo. I ended up booking us a split-stay 1/2 poly and 1/2 Beach club which I did get a good price on! We won't be there long enough for the GC which is a bummer!

Giftcard is $30 per person if you buy 6 day ticket. Almost enough for breakfast at BOG or some Mickey Ears; it's nice.

Should entice people to purchase tickets direct instead of thru brokers, which usually saves around $25.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

Just a head's up. I usually skim past the club level rooms because they are always out of my price range, but we're taking an adults only trip in February and the 2 person cottages (they show up as outer building) at Boardwalk Inn with club level access were cheaper with the AP discount than the standard room that we had originally booked!
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BCV; Feb2020: BWI

Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    Just a head's up. I usually skim past the club level rooms because they are always out of my price range, but we're taking an adults only trip in February and the 2 person cottages (they show up as outer building) at Boardwalk Inn with club level access were cheaper with the AP discount than the standard room that we had originally booked!
    What a great deal! I always check the club discount too. This spring break we managed to get a beach club club room for less because of a steep AP discount. We did one TS per day at lunch and otherwise did every meal in the lounge. Saved a lot just on the food. But it did take some planning to make sure we were back at the hotel at the right times.

I've got a crazy 3 resort split stay booked at the new discounted rates and I'll be onsite 10 days total. I'm wondering if I should buy an AP if the hotel discounts would be worth it? It will likely be my only trip this year... Thoughts?
    ~Stacey

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Darling View Post
    I've got a crazy 3 resort split stay booked at the new discounted rates and I'll be onsite 10 days total. I'm wondering if I should buy an AP if the hotel discounts would be worth it? It will likely be my only trip this year... Thoughts?
    The AP discount is usually just 5-10% over the standard. So I'd run the numbers based on that savings, not the full amount of the AP savings. It seems like the room inventory is a little different too, between the two offers. At least it has been in the past when I've searched both offers so you may find some availability with AP that you don't find with the standard discount. If you'd purchase memory maker I'd factor that into savings. And any dine discounts for meals you plan on regardless of AP or no AP.

If you want to PM me your dates and what you are looking for I can let you know what is available. I just can't get to it until this afternoon as I work this morning :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    If you want to PM me your dates and what you are looking for I can let you know what is available. I just can't get to it until this afternoon as I work this morning :-(
    That's so sweet of you! It's probably too complicated though. I'll just run the numbers. It starts Feb 21. Right now I have a room for 5 nights at FQ for a ladies trip for the Princess Half. Then I was switching to the Coranado for 2 nights on my own (it was the cheapest mod available) and then my family & friends join me for 3 nights at Riverside before we head out on a cruise (the other fam needs a 5 sleeper so that seemed like a good choice.) The memory maker is definitely appealing though.

Edit to update: running the numbers it's a close call. Assuming I got 5% more off on each hotel that's close to $200, &170 for memory maker, still leaves $200 in other discounts required for break even.
    Last edited by Mrs Darling; 10-12-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    ~Stacey

That's so sweet of you! It's probably too complicated though. I'll just run the numbers. It starts Feb 21. Right now I have a room for 5 nights at FQ for a ladies trip for the Princess Half. Then I was switching to the Coranado for 2 nights on my own (it was the cheapest mod available) and then my family & friends join me for 3 nights at Riverside before we head out on a cruise (the other fam needs a 5 sleeper so that seemed like a good choice.) The memory maker is definitely appealing though.

Edit to update: running the numbers it's a close call. Assuming I got 5% more off on each hotel that's close to $200, &170 for memory maker, still leaves $200 in other discounts required for break even.
    French quarter isn't available on the AP discount you first 5 nights.
    Average price per night before tax
    Riverside $307.5
    AKL standard view $347.23 (savanna $512)
    Coronado $288.60 (tower $341)
    Caribbean Beach $316.10 (only have preferred room)

Next 2 nights
    CSR $163.10
    AKL standard $287.95

Final 3 nights I checked for family of 2 adults 3 kids
    There is nothing reasonably priced on the AP rate. Cheapest is Yacht club $386 or All stars suite $303.

If I look for 2 adults 2 kids
    Riverside $292
    CBR $285
    AKL standard $312
    CSR $179

Thanks Anne!
    ~Stacey