Thread: Hollywood Studios - December 16th

Hollywood Studios - December 16th

Going to Hollywood Studios on Monday, Dec. 16th (11 days after Rise of the Resistance opens) with my sister and adult daughter. Currently listed as a 9am opening. We have reservations for Oga’s at 2:20pm. I’ll be getting FPs mid-October, so I need to start planning the day but have no idea how it should go. I assume Rise of the Resistance will be first thing at rope drop. Will Smuggler’s Run be doable immediately after that? I was thinking FPs for Slinky Dog, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror; but I don't know for what times. Any itinerary suggestions would be most helpful.

Here are the rides we’d like to do:
    Rise of the Resistance
    Smuggler’s Run
    Star Tours
    Slinky Dog Dash
    Alien Swirling Saucers
    Toy Story Mania
    Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
    Tower of Terror

Don’t really care about the shows or character meets. Wouldn’t mind seeing the fireworks, if convenient.

I expect your guess will be as good as anyone's for crowds and plans after Rise opens. I'd guess that if you're at the front of the line for rope drop, you could do Smugglers Run right afterwards without too much trouble. But it looks like a long ride, and it could be an hour after rope drop even if you're pretty close to the front of the line.

As of now, all your proposed FP+ are Tier 1, so you can only get 1 of those. This makes planning pretty difficult. Given the fastpass situation, I'd be tempted to knock out Toy Story Land and RnR/ToT early in the morning, either at rope drop or right after a first ride on Smugglers Run, just guessing that one long wait on the day for Rise of the Resistance, plus fairly short waits elsewhere, will on net be better than a short wait for Rise of the Resistance and relatively moderate-to-long waits elsewhere. If you can snag a SDD FP+, maybe do SR, AS2, TSM, RnR, ToT, hoping to be done by lunch, then use SDD and Star Tours FP+ before heading back to Galaxy's Edge. With a 9 am opening and only 1 Tier 1 fastpass, you may not be able to avoid long lines somewhere mid-day. So maybe do RnR and ToT first, then TSM and AS2 before using FP+, and then plan on spending the afternoon in GE.

At any rate, I'm sure you will be paying close attention to reports and wait times in the first few days after RotR opens, and I don't think there's much you can do to be confident about any plan until then.