Thread: purchasing tickets one at a time

purchasing tickets one at a time

I've never purchased from Parksavers before, only UT, but they get good reviews and seem reputable, and have the best prices for our Spring Break trip. The website states that you can have physical tickets mailed, which it what we would choose because I would like to be ready to walk in the park on day one without having to trade in vouchers, etc. I have two questions...

1. Is there any reason NOT to buy one ticket at a time, every month, leading up to our trip? Instead of saving up and making a huge purchase in Feb, I thought it might be easier to swallow if we just spend the price on one ticket each month - kind of like a payment plan. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything, like a group discount (we only need 6 tickets, so I don't really think that's a thing) or some other perk of buying all the tickets at once. If it matters, we will purchase 5 adult tickets, 1 child ticket, 7 day park hoppers.

2. We are considering an AP upgrade for one ticket. Is it still the case that you HAVE to use it once before upgrading to get the discounted bridging price? If that's the case, we would have to pay for parking on the first day, is that refundable if you upgrade to AP later that day? If so, how does that work?

I'm just curious about all the details and want to make sure I know what to expect. Thanks!

The last time I upgraded to APs they gave me a gift card to reimburse me for parking. Years ago they just subtracted it from the upgrade price. I don't know if it was a policy shift or CM preference, but we've upgraded at least 3 times, and we've always gotten our parking expenses back in some form.

As long as you buy all the tickets in time to make FPs 30 or 60 days out (depending on where you're staying), I don't think it matters. Personally, I prefer waiting and buying them all at once as close to when we're leaving as possible so that if something changes and we cancel our trip, I'm not out all that money. But you won't get any benefit from buying them at once. Do you have Magic Bands, or will you be getting them? Because you don't need a physical ticket to get in if you have them. You link the tickets to your Magic Bands, and you just tap them to go in.

[QUOTE=Mego713;43058

2. We are considering an AP upgrade for one ticket. Is it still the case that you HAVE to use it once before upgrading to get the discounted bridging price? If that's the case, we would have to pay for parking on the first day, is that refundable if you upgrade to AP later that day? If so, how does that work?

I'm just curious about all the details and want to make sure I know what to expect. Thanks![/QUOTE]

We purchased 7 day PHs from UT a few years ago and upgraded them to APs. We went to Guest Services at Disney Springs the evening before we went into the parks and had no problems doing the upgrade before we had used the PHs.

Thanks for the info. We have old MB which would probably get us in but just in case they donít work, I donít want to rely on them. Planning to buy news ones for this trip but might wait until we get there unless the website issues get sorted out before then.

And thatís good to know about being reimbursed for parking.

Thanks!

Regarding your first question, there is no guarantee that the price will stay where it is. So, you are taking a chance that the price could go up before all of your purchases are finished.

I have used ParkSavers a number of times and have not had any issues. Within 24 hours, they will email you a code that you can enter into MDE and be able to book FPs (if you are within your booking window, of course). The physical card will come a few weeks later. If you have Magic Bands from a previous trip (or are staying onsite this trip and getting MBs), those will work as well. Though it's a good idea to carry the ticket cards with you, in case someone loses their band.
    Nov 2019-W&D 10K (Pop); Aug 2019-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

So before I continue - you're saying you're going to need 6 adult and 1 kid tickets for 7 days and you're getting park hoppers correct? if so - read on - if that's not right and you're only buying tickets for one day then it doesn't matter when you buy them.

but if you're buying 7 days worth of tickets you absolutely do not want to buy them one at a time. Tickets decrease exponentially in price the more days you buy. The amount of tickets doesn't affect anything aka 1 adult ticket or 10 adult tickets won't get you a discount. But a one day ticket to WDW starts at $169 per day (and varies by time of year and which park you're going to) a two day ticket start at $142 per day....or a savings of $27 per ticket. A five day ticket starts at $99 or a $70 savings per ticket etc.

so save up and buy them at once. you can buy one person's tickets at at time if you want to but you'll want to have them all purchased by the time you're at 60 days out (for an on site stay) or 30 days out (for an off site stay) so you can book your Fastpasses.
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

We need 7 day park hoppers for 6 people. What I meant about buying one per month... purchase person #1 a 7 day park hopper in Sept, purchase person #2 a 7 day park hopper in Oct, person #3 in Nov, etc. Then all tickets are purchased in time for our 30 day (off-site) FP window at the end of Feb.

Itís either that way, or save up and buy all tickets in Feb. So I guess doing it this way gives us an advantage if (when) ticket prices go up before we are able to purchase all of them. Thanks!

There shouldn't be a price increase between now and February but you never know :)

You can definitely buy one person's tickets at a time :)

Have a great trip!