Thread: HS FP Thanksgiving week

HS FP Thanksgiving week

We have 2 mornings near the end of our trip for HS. The first day we are doing Disney Springs in the afternoon so it makes sense to book FP for HS that day (Slinky, Star Tours, Indiana Jones). The 2nd day we will hop to Epcot in the afternoon. I'm starting to wonder if I should save my FP for Epcot on that 2nd day?

The only thing we (by we I mean the kids) really feel strongly about riding is Slinky and RnR. Another thought was book Slinky in advance and then as soon as we tap in for Slinky book the remaining 2 at Epcot? But this is the day after thanksgiving...will there even be anything to book without aggressive refreshing???? I really don't feel like being glued to my phone this trip. I've never gone Thanksgiving week so not sure how much FP availability there will be?

Priorities are Slinky (1 or 2 rides), multiple rides RnR, one TSM, one ToT, one Smugglers run. If we RD GE one morning and RD RnR the other morning and FP Slinky 1 or 2 mornings is it reasonable to think we can do TSM and ToT reasonably standby as 2nd of the morning?

It is killing me reading about 3 hrs of empty EEMH in September when it will likely be hoardes Thanksgiving week with 9 am opens (as of now).

FP are booked. I decided to go with Slinky in the am and then refresh for a tier 1 in the afternoon at Epcot. The deciding point was when I realized there was nothing tier 2 I wanted/had time for at Epcot.

I realize you already made your decision, but wanted to chime in that what you chose is what I would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveley View Post
    I realize you already made your decision, but wanted to chime in that what you chose is what I would have done.
    Good to hear. I feel a bit like a crazy gambler ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post

It is killing me reading about 3 hrs of empty EEMH in September when it will likely be hoardes Thanksgiving week with 9 am opens (as of now).
    Me too! They must realize by now that Thanksgiving weeks and Dec in GE & TSL will be packed enough to warrant some more hours & EMHs. GE's ROR opens the week before our trip and still just 9a-9p :(
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

Maybe they are waiting to ensure that RotR actually opens on time - rumors say it might not.

Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
    Maybe they are waiting to ensure that RotR actually opens on time - rumors say it might not.
    Ouch! Don't say that :( I do try to remember that openings can never be guaranteed, especially after the RoL experience, lol! So much hype/letdown.

We're visiting HS on Dec 12 & 15. Hope to see soft openings roll out before the 5th *fingers crossed*
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol