Thread: Smuggler's Run single rider line was amazing!

Smuggler's Run single rider line was amazing!

I ended up in Hollywood Studios on a whim on Monday, Sept 9. I decided last minute to go to Orlando with my husband because he was speaking at a conference there. While he was busy working, I set off to Epcot first. September is hot, but it's really an amazing time to go to the parks if you can stand the heat. I had a FP, but the line for Soarin' was only 15 minutes around 4:00. I wandered around Epcot for a while and watched some shows and shopped, but around 6:30 I decided to see if I could get a FP for Toy Story, and I did get one for 7:30, so I went to HS.

I got out of Toy Story shortly before 8:00 and wandered over to see the new Star Wars stuff. I noticed that the line for Smuggler's Run was only 35 minutes, so I got in the single rider's line. I tried to time how long it took me, but it all moved so fast that I forgot to check. I don't think I stood in the line for more than 5 minutes. It was moving really fast. It seemed like almost every load of people they took from the main needed fillers from the single rider line. And they were calling for groups of up to 3 from the single riders line. From where I was standing, it didn't look like they were trying to complete ride vehicles from the main line unless groups that would fit together were next to each other in line. For example, if a family of 4 was next in line, they checked to see if the next group was a group of 2, and if it wasn't, they called for 2 riders from the single rider line.

I did really like the ride. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. I've seen the original movies a few times and episodes 1 and 2, but that's it. It's not themed so heavily that you won't understand it if you don't know the movies. I'm sure the people who know the movies well will pick up on stuff that went over my head, but there was plenty there to keep me entertained. I'm also not a thrill ride junky and sometimes get queasy on simulators, but this didn't bother me at all. I sat in an engineer's seat in back. The only thing that bothered me was that it was so bumpy that it hurt bumping against the hard seat back. I was fairly sore in the lower back/upper pelvis area when I got off. Not a sore back like I needed a chiropractor, but sore like I was almost bruised from being hit.

The land did look pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to going back when it's not dark. I didn't know which stuff was most impressive since I'm not a huge fan, but I have 6 sons who didn't go with me, so I texted lots of pictures to them to torture them. I remembered Josh said that the checker table near the entrance to the ride vehicles was something special, so I made sure I included that. I included words like, "Wish you were here" and "This is so cool! I wish you could see it" because I'm a great mom like that. We live less than 2 hours away and have APs, so I probably will take them next week and let the older ones ride the single rider line over and over to their hearts' content while crowds are still low and there's no FP. It's a great opportunity if you can take advantage of it.

I love your torture techniques! Nicely done!
    ~Trisha~
    Luxury Family Vacation Planner
    https://www.facebook.com/TrishaWrightTravelAgency

Sounds great. I wish our family could go in the single rider line, but my youngest is still too young for me to feel comfortable about letting her ride without someone she knows. If I knew they would take 2 at a time.... By the time we get there, the other ride will be open and the lines will be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliputian View Post
    It was moving really fast. It seemed like almost every load of people they took from the main needed fillers from the single rider line. And they were calling for groups of up to 3 from the single riders line.
    That's good to know. As a party of 3 there's a better chance we'll have front seats options when using FP or standby. A quick single rider till our heart's content afterward is a huge bonus! We won't be there until just after the other ride opens, hope things don't change too much.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

Quote Originally Posted by tlseege View Post
    I love your torture techniques! Nicely done!
    You are both clearly my kind of moms! :-)
    ~Stacey