Thread: Restaurant Suggestions for Teens/Tweens

Restaurant Suggestions for Teens/Tweens

I am taking my 2 kids (12 & 15) to Orlando for Spring Break next March. We are staying at Hilton Seaworld for a week and Hard Rock Universal for 2 nights. We arenít doing Disney this time except for an after hours event at MK or HS if one is scheduled during our trip, but I would like to have a few meals at Disney resorts and/or Disney Springs to get some of the Disney vibe. Not looking for character meals per say given the age of the kids and price of the character meals (and that it would be more for mom than them!). What restaurants outside the parks have your teens/tweens especially enjoyed?

My tween daughter loves Mortimoto's in Disney Springs. Probably her favorite on property, but that might also be because she is obsessed with cooking shows and knows him from watching countless hours of Iron Chef re-runs. So she thinks it so cool she gets to eat at his restaurant. Beaches and Cream is another big hit, even the older kids like the kitchen sink ice cream for dinner.
    Cindy

that's a shame
    Morimoto is great. It can get pricey depending on how you eat/what you order.

I'd go to Toledo. The food is excellent and the views are spectacular.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

We like Boma. I have Teen/tween boys, so a buffet is kind of worth it for us. We love checking the it Animal Kingdom Lodge as well.
    Brandi

Thanks! I will check these out!

If not too late - Sanaa @ AKL is a great meal and I don't think anyone is too young or old to enjoy the view of the animals as you eat! If you're looking for a lot of food (growing boys?) Ohana and Whispering Canyon both very good options.
    At DS - there are a lot of options and only TRex & Rain Forrest Cafť might be themed a bit too much. Otherwise it's really about ta types of food you all like.
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC (first night at AS-Movies)
    2020 - taking a break unless we win the Powerball!

Our 14 and 16 year olds have been quite a bit and have several favorites. Morimoto and Boathouse have always been great. Younger loves the boat museum and we all like the atmosphere and food. Morimoto is just beautiful and unique, awesome food. They like Ohana for nostalgia and Trader Samís for atmosphere, not so much for the snacks but they let us pop in once a visit!

Ik youíre not planning park meals but if you end up at HS, mine wonít miss HBD and 50s.

I'll second Sanaa. Order the bread service. It's really fun with kids those ages-- trying all the spreads and discussing them. We also like 'Ohana and the Boathouse, but Sanaa would probably be my first choice.

We love the Hard Rock Hotel. The pool is so fun. Have a great trip!
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

Depending when you go in March, Disney after hours may not be offered at any parks. We visited March this year and no DAH offered between March 6-20. DAH seems to be offered during mid to low crowd season but not during the really busy weeks (like spring break, Easter, Christmas, etc).

AKL resort would be awesome to visit with the kids if you make time to walk the Savannah areas and enjoy the lobby. Sanaa is a great choice for the bread service and animal views but the menu may be a bit exotic for teens with picky palates, in that case the buffet at Boma is a better option.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

he's right
    It's not at Disney, but my daughter fell in love with Cowfish when she was about 15 or maybe 16, over at Universal City Walk. She would be more than willing to leave a Disney vacation to go there for a sushi/burger bento box.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    It's not at Disney, but my daughter fell in love with Cowfish when she was about 15 or maybe 16, over at Universal City Walk. She would be more than willing to leave a Disney vacation to go there for a sushi/burger bento box.
    Yes! We had a great meal there. My kids loved the kids meals (they are younger) but we enjoyed it too. Maybe even a bit better place to walk than DS for tweens.
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC (first night at AS-Movies)
    2020 - taking a break unless we win the Powerball!

Replying quite late to this, but I asked my 15 year old daughter where she wanted to eat for our upcoming trip and of all the places she chose Jungle Navigation Company. She said it was one of her favorite meals and the drinks were unique. I would've never guessed that?!

My daughter is 20, but has always loved going to Rain Forest Cafe. She also Likes going to Planet Hollywood.
    Living The Dream

We really like Homecoming at Disney Springs, but it doesn't really have a Disney Vibe. If you want the vibe, you have to eat at a hotel. I recommend Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. It can be a lot of fun. You can get an all you can eat type meal, or not depending on what you want.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.