Thread: After Hours at MK during Spring Break?

After Hours at MK during Spring Break?

We are planning a trip to Orlando spring break 2020 (March 20 - 28). My kids are 12 and 15 and more into Universal than Disney at this stage, and we are trying to keep costs down, so I had not planned any Disney this trip :-( As we get closer I started looking at special programs and realized we could do an after hours event for about $450, which is doable and would give us a little Disney. While I would love to see the new AK stuff it seems you can do more at MK, so that is where I am leaning.

The website has DAH events at AK in March for sale now, but the MK ones donít go out that far. What is the likelihood they will do the DAH in March? And do you think it is worth it to go?
    Last edited by Kazmom; 09-08-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Currently the MK AH go out until January. I don't see them leaving $ on the table so I would expect some sort of MK AH in March. If I were to guess, I'd hypothesize either the person in charge of scheduling just hasn't decided on dates yet, or they are trying to decide if they are going to do another overlay like the MK villains event. Or maybe they are trying to decide if they can bump the price even further.

Since we havenít been in a couple years I havenít been following schedules. I know when they first came out they were pretty sporadic, they didnít have them every month. Are they doing them pretty consistently now? Even during busy months? Are they still empty enough for rides to be walk on, even during busier times?

It's been pretty regular this year. They've even managed to fit in an AH at MK between Halloween and Christmas parties.

There tends to be a break for MK specifically on holiday weeks when regular park hours are late to accommodate crowds. So maybe no AH the weeks before and after Easter? I can't recall what they did this year. We were there the week before Easter and no AH. But maybe some of the other spring break weeks since those are more spread out than Thanksgiving and Christmas?

I noticed they have none scheduled for Oct this year and only a few for Nov and Dec. Easter is in April this year so spring breaks should be spaced out. Not sure how they will do March. Hopefully they put the dates out soon so we can plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmom View Post
    I noticed they have none scheduled for Oct this year and only a few for Nov and Dec.
    I think that is more because there are already Christmas and Halloween parties, not because of crowds. Frankly, I'm surprised they managed to squeeze any in Nov/Dec. Since there are no seasonal parties in March and spring breaks are more spead out I'd be more hopeful about an AH offering.

Great! Thanks!