Thread: last minute hurricane detour!

last minute hurricane detour!

Had plans to go to Myrtle Beach 9/7-14, didn't feel gambling with Dorian. We start driving in 6 hours, staying Clearwater-adjacent and got tickets for Tuesday MNSSHP. Got a throwaway campsite night and a Liberty Tree "lunner" for 4:45 (I think... though that makes no sense with our FP+ - anyway, never eaten there and have plenty of time to cancel.

Was able to find FP+ at 3:00 (JC), 4:00 (Splash), 5:00ish (can't remember)

Cast:

Self
    DH - only wanted to sit on the beach and fish
    DD13 - is BIG MAD about missing school, only one that knows MNSSHP is happening
    DD11 - a little less than big mad about this vacay, hoping I can find something manatee related for her to see/do to make up for this most terrible parenting decision
    DD9.1 and DD9.2 - these two could care less about missing school but when asked what one thing they'd want to do if we got a chance to go back to MK, only listed things at the other parks, smh.

Probably no pics but will try to keep track of our touring/timing in the park. The crotchfruit will probably want to prioritize the trick-or-treating over rides and characters because: CANDY. You can also expect general venting from spending time with the fam in close quarters.

Rule
    #1: the nurse is always right.
    Rule
    #2: if the nurse is ever wrong, see Rule #1.

Why did you get a throwaway campsite? You're within 30 days, so what's the benefit?

Why would you allocate such a large chunk of your limited time in the park for a supper? I would try to arrive at 3 and get a quick service at Poly, then "revive" as needed with quick snacks.

I thought you wouldn't be allowed in until 4:00, so I'm not sure how that JC FP is going to work.

Made it to Reddington without a problem yesterday afternoon and love our home-for-the-week! Today's plans involve the beach and the forecast looks like more beach with a side of kayaks tomorrow.

Rule
    #1: the nurse is always right.
    Rule
    #2: if the nurse is ever wrong, see Rule #1.

We did it! Would have ideally stayed for the late parade and midnight Hocus Pocus show, but we had a change of plans yesterday and most of the rest of the cast started the day off feeling pretty beat up. So hereís most of what we ended up doing - I really like these forums for showing me what can realistically be accomplished in a visit and hoping to pay it forward:

1045ish left Madeira/Redington
    1230 DS parking - placed a mobile order at D-luxe, worked great!
    1310 done eating, hit up the LEGO store and World of Disney
    1400 started walking to the car to head to fort wilderness to pick up our magic bands - our party tickets were already linked, and they counted as our souvenirs. I had on previous trips pimped out their bands and the girls canít wait to do it themselves now when we get home. The $63 dollar campsite got us 6 bands and free parking. I stopped taking notes at this point until we were on the rides so I canít remember when we actually hit the lot but we were at the ropes farthest to the right after taking the monorail and stopping at the bathrooms around 1505

1557 space FP+
    1616 space standby
    1635 JC loading (FP+)
    1703 BTMR
    1715 Liberty Tree - we were roasting and thirsty and idk how we were hungry after D-luxe, but we were and had a great time on our bums, enjoying the AC. We had a 1710 ADR, checked in a couple minutes late and were seated almost immediately.
    1850 off splash (5 min)
    1856 pirates - the Halloween add-on was one of my faves
    1915 carpets
    1930 HM (20Ē posted we stood outside just long enough to enjoy The Brideís show)
    1947 iasw
    2025 Peter Pan
    2037 WtP
    2047 teacups
    2101 dumbo
    2109 barnstormer
    2122 7 dwarves meet (lolz - they said 45-60 min and we left after 10 minutes when we were maybe 3 parties back; what sealed the deal was the littles needing a bathroom break and the Dwarves taking one of their own)
    We also probably hit two or three great stations in the storybook circus as well as enjoyed Timonís, Vampirinaís, and Nancy-the-Fancy-Oneís moves
    2131 Arielís grotto treats
    2134 under the sea
    2147 Gastonís for some brew, sitting down, and a bathroom break
    2215 caught the fireworks from behind the castle - we werenít pressed about catching the projections initially because the littles did not enjoyed fireworks on our last visit 3 years ago. Two minutes in, the party decided to make their way around to the front of the castle to catch the show. We ended up near cosmic rayís to watch a show with no sound? Ducked in to see what the Descendantsí whatever was all about. Came away ogling a bomb evil queen costume and with some ice waters
    2229 monsters inc (at this point the driver of the party went full mutiny and insisted we make our way to the exit - convinced him to stay for Hocus Pocus!)
    2239 in front of Walt for the show
    2315 caught headless horseman in front of the train station
    2323 monorail to parking
    2338 in the car out the lot
    Last edited by nursepaula; 09-11-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks for posting! We going to the party for the first time this year so I love it! Did you get in the park before 4pm on your MNSSHP ticket or do y’all have APs?
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    Thanks for posting! Did you get in the park before 4pm on your MNSSHP ticket or do y’all have APs?
    Just the party tickets. Have fun!

Sounds awesome! Glad it worked out so well for you.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA