Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frontier or Spirit?

We did Spirit this summer...5 of us for a Baseball trip to Myrtle beach. No delays, no probs at all...and while DEF not first class, The big front seats were fine...Idk if I wouldve wanted to be in the reg seats tho...
    We are planning Spirit for our NOV trip too. 6 people and a 16 hour drive....we can keep our fingers crossed for no delay
    Erika Twitter@lulamaye
    Past trips:
    CHILDHOOD:
    1971 - OPENING YEAR (i was 5 months old w a sitter in a WDW resort HA!) once or twice as child to WDW and DL
    1981 - Opening YEAR of Epcot.
    PRESENT:
    DEC 2005 First Fam trip AKL 2008 POP 2009 POR 2010 AoA 2012 AoA
    2014 WH 2015 WH

Quote Originally Posted by J&J's Dad View Post
    Have you considered Frontier out of Trenton?
    Thank you, that info definitely help for considering the value. I only know 1 friend (with 4 kids) who uses that airport and she loves it. That's big savings buying 6 tickets! The price and parking sounds attractive. Newark & HPN are under an hour drive but parking has been an issue at both for various reasons. I get worried that if our flight has trouble we won't have many options to correct it.

This may be a good fit after my son leaves for college and we have more flexibility to find a cheap adult get-away to WDW :D Thanks for helping!

• These times are fine, but $227... without carry-on :( I'll keep checking, hoping somebody comes in under $200 :)

Tue, Dec 10 1:29 PM – 4:27 PM

Sun, Dec 15 7:35 PM – 10:23 PM
    Last edited by HeyHeather; 09-29-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

Frontier sent me a message that our flight times had changed and we needed to approve the change. When I went to look at the new times, I realized they pushed our departure time out by a FULL DAY. I laughed out loud. Then I proceeded to call them and get a full refund and a $100 credit for each flight.

Fortunately I only booked one-ways, so I was able to find flights on Delta that worked. But, oh my....what a pain!

[QUOTE=3girls1pup;430759]Then I proceeded to call them and get a full refund and a $100 credit for each flight.

/QUOTE]

$100 credit makes it less painful but scrambling and last minute flight prices are a major headache. Glad you were able to resolve!
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyHeather View Post
    $100 credit makes it less painful
    except you'd have to fly Frontier...
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

We, as in myself, my family and my friends, have been flying Spirit for years and rarely had a problem that wasn't created by bad weather. Yes, flight times have been changed but we were notified way in advance and, if it too late or too early, we have just changed our flights at no added cost. And their $9 Fare Club saved me more than two grand between 2015 and 2018, including one trip in 2016 made up of myself and two grandchildren that saved me over five hundred dollars in of itself.

Are there zero amenities, yes.
    Are the seats narrow and the leg room the bare minimum, yes.
    Do they nickel and dine you to death, yes.

Do I recommend it? It depends on your priorities. I want cheap airfare and reliable flights. If those are your priorities, then yes, I recommend it.

But if you require more space due to back, leg ect issues or have money to throw away on travel expenses, I would not fly Spirit. In that case, you might want to look at Delta. I recently used them for a trip to Kansas City and was very pleased.

As for Frontier, I have never flown them but a close family member did (Detroit to Tampa) and had a positive experience and my friend's son did (Detroit to Philadelphia) and had a horrible experience.
    Dec 1981 Magic Kingdom/Off-site Dec 1998 Animal Kingdom, MK & Universal Studios Florida/Off-site
    Dec 2005 Disney Wonder & MK (MVMCP)/Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs Dec 2008 Disney Magic
    Nov 2011 Islands of Adventure & USF/Off-site/RC Liberty of the Seas Aug 2015 IoA & USF/Cabana Bay
    Nov 2016 Epcot, MK, HS & AK/All-Star Movies Oct 2017 AK, Ep & MK (MNSSHP)/ASMo/IoA & USF/Sapphire Falls
    Oct 2018 Disney Fantasy (HotHS) Coming soon: June 2020 IoA & USF/Disney Dream