Thread: January DAH- with two "older" women. What's open?

January DAH- with two "older" women. What's open?

I see there is a DAH on January 13 2020 for MK, and one for AK on January 14.

My friend will fly into MCO for our trip 1/12-1/16. I will drive over from my place in FL early on the 11th and get two park days before her late afternoon/early evening arrival.

We wouldn't do both, but what would you do? And what's open besides the ones on the Disney list? It lists a few and says "and more!"

I probably will have an AP, so the ticket prices are reduced, but still pricey. As the AP, can I purchase two tickets?

This is all new to me, and it's even tougher to plan a trip than it was just a couple of years ago! I do know that she is NOT a morning person so RD days are unlikely more than maybe once during the trip.

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Yes, you can purchase two tickets with your AP.

As far as which DAH to do, I'd go with the Park you like the most. I've not done after hours but I've read that MK and AK are both good choices. AK is my favorite Park so that's the one I would choose if it was me. Not sure what the "and more!" means. From what I can see on the website it appears that after hours is only at MK and AK and it lists what you can do during that time at each Park.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

I think the OP wants to know which attractions are open during the After Hours events. I'd say that nothing is ever certain, but I'd just search "after hours" on the regular easywdw site and check out those articles (keeping in mind that the Villains event is technically different than regular MK DAH)

If I was only going to do 1 I'd go with MK AH. There is just more to do and you can save lots of time with low waits in a way you can't during normal hours (except today, with GE opening it looks like everything is a walk on at MK without shelling out for an AH ticket).

The main benefit to AK is multiple low wait rides on FoP. If your idea of the perfect night is FoP back to back as many times as possible then AK AH would be worth it. Otherwise every other open attraction is easy to get to on a normal AK day. And a lot of the animal attractions that make AK appealing aren't open for AH.

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hizouse View Post
    I think the OP wants to know which attractions are open during the After Hours events. I'd say that nothing is ever certain, but I'd just search "after hours" on the regular easywdw site and check out those articles (keeping in mind that the Villains event is technically different than regular MK DAH)
    Yes, I said that the website (meaning WDW website) lists what you can do during that time at each Park (i.e. which rides are operating).
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    Yes, I said that the website (meaning WDW website) lists what you can do during that time at each Park (i.e. which rides are operating).
    It doesn't, at least that I could find:
    Capture1.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by lorenae View Post
    It doesn't, at least that I could find:
    Capture1.JPG
    Ummmm...that looks like it's telling you what you can ride?? Or am I missing something?
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    Ummmm...that looks like it's telling you what you can ride?? Or am I missing something?
    It just lists 5 things and then says "and much more".

Most attractions are open, certainly the stuff you'd want to see with low waits. I wouldn't want to spend DAH time on anytime attractions anyway. If you want a definitive list I would google "magic kingdom after hours easywdw" I'm pretty sure Josh did a picture of the guide that has the list of open attractions. Or you could try WDWNT or touringplans if Josh didn't post it.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/re...-2018-edition/

Here is his post from last summer. Should be pretty much the same.