Thread: Footwear in the rain??

Footwear in the rain??

Headed to MNSSHP tomorrow and I can't decide what to wear on my feet. Its Orlando in August so I'm guessing the rain will actually happen at some point. Would you wear sneakers? Sandals? I have maroon sneakers that will go with my costume, but a dress and sneakers isn't like a cute look.

Please help, I can't decide.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Do you have any athletic sandals - Keen, Teva, etc.? That's what I would wear!

My favorite park shoes are Teva Tirra (https://www.amazon.com/Teva-Womens-T.../dp/B0055X2U3W). They have some support and are pretty secure around your foot. They also don't get too slippery when wet, and dry pretty quickly. Many colors are available on Amazon.
    Nov 2019-W&D 10K (Pop); Aug 2019-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

Quote Originally Posted by kfernandes View Post
    Do you have any athletic sandals - Keen, Teva, etc.? That's what I would wear!
    I do not. I usually live in my Reef sandals but they're just flops and don't have all the straps. I don't super trust them walking around in slippery conditions.
    Tricia

I agree with the Teva's. I love mine and they are great in the rain. I would stick with sandals if possible. If you don't trust them, then gym shoes. They will get wet and heavy but at least I wouldn't feel like I might slip wearing them. And I would bring a spare pair of shoes.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    I do not. I usually live in my Reef sandals but they're just flops and don't have all the straps. I don't super trust them walking around in slippery conditions.
    For what it's worth, my daughter wears her Reef Slap flops in the parks has not had issues with slipping in the rain. If you find them comfortable enough to wear and don't want to buy new shoes, maybe wear the Reefs and bring the sneakers as back-up?

I like those Teva's in Plum Truffle, they'd go nicely with most of the colors in my wardrobe. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

Fun fact- the rain didn't affect the trip at all and my reef sandals worked just fine. My feet didn't hurt, just needed a good scrub after getting back to the resort.
    Tricia