Thread: MDE Group Planning

MDE Group Planning

Hi guys,

I visited Disney World back in 2017 and found this forum super helpful and with another trip on the horizon, i’m back again..

We’ve decided to get married on our next trip to Orlando in March.. Which is great but it also means, i’m now planning a trip for 20+ people in our wedding party!

My question is about MDE.. I made 7 different room bookings a couple of months ago and made 7 different accounts for these rooms/each family in my party. Now the time has come for buying tickets and soon, making dining reservations. If each of my party buy their tickets through the corresponding MDE account that their room was booked on.. Will i be able to add all 20 people to my own MDE account and book dining/fastpasses for them? I know that splitting the group down into smaller groups for the fastpass reservations will be better, but can i do this all from my own account?

I’m not entirely sure how the ‘family and friends’ function on MDE works. In some cases, not everyone in my party will want to eat at a particular restaurant etc.. Will they be able to control their own itinerary as well as allow me to book some things we will be doing as a group?

I hope this all made sense.. Planning for 2 people was much easier than planning for lots!

Thanks in advance :)

I'm currently planning a trip with 5 other people. We're all linked in MDE. I don't know if there's a limit on how many people you can link to, but once you are linked you can make reservations and fastpass for them. They can also make their own plans. All will show on your in-app itinerary.

There are a couple different ways you can link MDE accounts. If you have the resort confirmation numbers Disney can pull from that, or you can have Disney send them an invitational email to connect. Sometimes it doesn't want to cooperate, though. You may have to call Disney for a couple of people. Have fun on your trip and good luck!

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Have you looked into working with the Group Events department? Not sure what their actual name is. I don't believe you can make dining reservations through MDE for a group of that size.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I planned an extended family trip for 13 and I broke the group down into smaller parties for both FP & dining. Some places I was able to book dining for 13, but not every where. I'd reach out to the event planning people as well. I think it might be an option to pick when you call the adr phone number.
    ~Stacey

Hi guys, thanks for your replies :)

I'm definitely going to take your advice and get in touch with the group events department when we are 180 days away from our trip.

Another question about MDE - I've got everyone in my party now connected in my 'friends and family' list on MDE. They've all accepted the invitation. However, beside some members, it says 'plans managed by xxxxx'. Will i still be able to make fast pass reservations etc for these people?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hellojojo View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for your replies :)

I'm definitely going to take your advice and get in touch with the group events department when we are 180 days away from our trip.

Another question about MDE - I've got everyone in my party now connected in my 'friends and family' list on MDE. They've all accepted the invitation. However, beside some members, it says 'plans managed by xxxxx'. Will i still be able to make fast pass reservations etc for these people?

Thanks!
    Yes you should still be able to.