Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: FP+ what to click on first!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    136

    FP+ what to click on first!

    Hello! We are going to Disney during Thanksgiving week and staying on property. We can only travel during peak times. Going from Saturday-Saturday. There are 7 of us this time (two families). I haven't been in a few years. I used to know a lot about Disney touring, but it has changed quite a bit since we went. Last time we went, Frozen was most popular because it was brand new. I couldn't get a fast pass for it. I've read some to research the changes.

    The main thing is, I need to know what to click on first when I call and any other suggestions you might have. I'm sorry about the lack of initials. I used to know them well, but have forgotten. I'm assuming Flight of Passage-Avatar will be the top priority, right? Please keep in mind that we don't try to get a 4th fast pass during peak holidays like that. We tried it one year, and it wasn't fun. Trying to run around or click on our phones constantly was not our cup of tea. We'd rather just use rope drop wisely and go with our 3 fast passes. We can ride everything at least once, which is fine with us. We also have park hopper and take advantage of EMH, then leave that park when it is too crowded. Here is our plan:

    1. Saturday: 7:00 Avatar or Navi River, 7:30 Dinosaur, 8:00 Everest
    2. Sunday: 4:30 Mine Train, 5:00 Space Mountain, 5;30 Buzz Lightyear
    3. Monday: 6:30 Slinky Dog, 7:00 Star Tours, any show available after that???
    4. Tuesday: 3:00 Test Track, 3:30 spaceship earth, 4:00 ??
    5. Wednesday: 1:00 Mine Train, 1:30 Haunted Mansion, 2:00 Big Thunder Mountain (plan B Speedway if can't get Mine Train)
    6. Thursday: 3:00 RocknRoller, 3:30 Beauty and the Beast, 4:00 Little Mermaid
    7. Friday: 5:00 Avatar or Navi River, 5:30 Safari, 6:00 Rapids (plan B Everest)

  2. #2
    the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,591
    Avatar is first priority, followed by Slinky Dog and Mine Train. There isn't really a huge priority after that. Earlier days of your trip will be harder to get what/when you want than later days.

    Remember that your FP+ will have to be at least an hour apart (you have several spaced 30 minutes apart which is not possible).
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

  3. #3
    Senior Member nolarookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,548
    I didn’t know you could call to make FPs. I guess you could. I think you can start making reservation at 6 am eastern time. I’ve only made reservations for FPs online either on the website or the my Disney experience app.
    Brandi

  4. #4
    the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,591
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I didn’t know you could call to make FPs. I guess you could. I think you can start making reservation at 6 am eastern time. I’ve only made reservations for FPs online either on the website or the my Disney experience app.
    Unless you're staying concierge level, I don't believe there's any way to make FP+ over the phone. Website or mobile app are the only two choices.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    136
    I couldn't remember if it was an hour or thirty minutes. Thanks so much. This changes things. So, I should try for Avatar first on Friday, then Mine Train Wednesday, right?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    136
    Also, I can adjust times right? I cannot recall for the life of me how the fast pass app works. It has been a few years. So, if I get Avatar at 3:00, then make a 4:00 for say... Tree of Life, then I can change Tree of Life to another time slot right? Later or earlier, right?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I didn’t know you could call to make FPs. I guess you could. I think you can start making reservation at 6 am eastern time. I’ve only made reservations for FPs online either on the website or the my Disney experience app.
    Sorry, I said call in. Back communication. I mean open app to start wildly clicking on things. :)

  8. #8
    Senior Member nolarookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,548
    If you want FPs for the Flight of Passage, try to book that first, preferably later during your trip. Slinky Dog Dash would be your next highest priority. You’ll be fine. The App or website is pretty intuitive. If the website gets all wonky on you, try the app and vice versa. Book what you can your first day. You can modify your fast passes after they’re booked.
    Brandi

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    136
    Thank you! This is my new draft. Anyone else have advice? Again, have a park hopper. Going with 7 people. Going to just fast pass in afternoon and not try for 4th fast pass during a busy Thanksgiving week.


    Saturday- Animal Kingdom- Avatar or Navi River 6:00, Dinosaur 7:00, Everest 8:00
    Sunday- Magic Kingdom- (arriving at 4ish) 5:00 Mine Train or Speedway, 6:00 Space Mountain, 7:00 Buzz Lightyear.
    Monday- Hollywood Studios (arriving around 3)- Droid building at 5:45; 6:30 RockNRoller Coaster, any shows after that… Fantasmic- last show at 10
    Book 4th- Tuesday- Epcot- arriving around 2 or 3. 2:00 Test Track, Spaceship Earth 3:00 , Living Land 4:00
    Book 3rd- Wednesday- Magic Kingdom- arrive any time (we are resting in the morning) 1:00 Mine Train or Speedway, 2:00 Big Thunder Mountain , 3:00 Pirates of Caribbean – Liberty Tree reservations at 3:45 (not seeing fireworks this night- riding during fireworks)
    Book 2nd- Thursday- Hollywood Studios- arrive around 2. 3:00 Slinky Dog, 4:00 Beauty and the Beast, 5:00 Muppet Show or another show, see fireworks/Chinese theater show
    Book first- Friday- Animal Kingdom- 4:30 Avatar or Navi River, 5:30 Safari, Rapids 6:30

  10. #10
    the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,591
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW101 View Post
    Thank you! This is my new draft. Anyone else have advice? Again, have a park hopper. Going with 7 people. Going to just fast pass in afternoon and not try for 4th fast pass during a busy Thanksgiving week.


    Saturday- Animal Kingdom- Avatar or Navi River 6:00, Dinosaur 7:00, Everest 8:00
    Sunday- Magic Kingdom- (arriving at 4ish) 5:00 Mine Train or Speedway, 6:00 Space Mountain, 7:00 Buzz Lightyear.
    Monday- Hollywood Studios (arriving around 3)- Droid building at 5:45; 6:30 RockNRoller Coaster, any shows after that… Fantasmic- last show at 10
    Book 4th- Tuesday- Epcot- arriving around 2 or 3. 2:00 Test Track, Spaceship Earth 3:00 , Living Land 4:00
    Book 3rd- Wednesday- Magic Kingdom- arrive any time (we are resting in the morning) 1:00 Mine Train or Speedway, 2:00 Big Thunder Mountain , 3:00 Pirates of Caribbean – Liberty Tree reservations at 3:45 (not seeing fireworks this night- riding during fireworks)
    Book 2nd- Thursday- Hollywood Studios- arrive around 2. 3:00 Slinky Dog, 4:00 Beauty and the Beast, 5:00 Muppet Show or another show, see fireworks/Chinese theater show
    Book first- Friday- Animal Kingdom- 4:30 Avatar or Navi River, 5:30 Safari, Rapids 6:30
    You may want to book Slinky first, them Flight of Passage, then Mine Train on any day you want it. You don't have to book all 3 at each park when you are booking. I book the difficult rides first and then add the others as I go along.
    For our October trip I could only get Slinky at 60+6 but was able to get Flight of Passage at 60+3 (meaning our Thursday arrival I could get FoP for Sunday but the earliest I could get SDD was Wednesday).
    I wouldn't completely write off the 4th FP - especially at MK. You can often grab one while you are in line or eating dinner, especially on any of your earlier booked days. It doesn't hurt for one person to take a quick look - could save you time in line!

  12. #12
    Senior Member lovett1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    879
    Agreeing with most of what was already said. Book Slinky, then FoP, then Mine Train. 2nd wave would be Test Track, RockNRoller Coaster, Space Mountain. Then everything else. The likelyhood of getting FoP for your arrival Saturday is pretty close to none (especially for 7 people), but Navi should be doable there. You could always ride FoP at the end of that night if you want to make sure you ride it more than once (or RD it on your other AK day).

    Keep in mind that if you don't see anything available for a group of 7, split your party into 4+3, or even 3+2+2. You'll see more availability for smaller groups, and as long as they overlap for 1 minute, you can all ride together.
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

  13. #13
    Senior Member MrFredricksen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by lovett1979 View Post
    Keep in mind that if you don't see anything available for a group of 7, split your party into 4+3, or even 3+2+2. You'll see more availability for smaller groups, and as long as they overlap for 1 minute, you can all ride together.
    Also remember the passes are actually good for an hour and 20 minutes, not just an hour. They let you on 5 minutes before the time and up to 15 minutes after. That gives you a pretty good overlap window.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •