Thread: AK Plan concerns

AK Plan concerns

So I think I padded my AK plan too much. I also just found out that Primeval Whirl is closed when we are there so now I have a big hole in things. And oddly enough with tons of padding and this hole I still can't fit in the 3 shows we want to see (missing FotLK). Please help
    Details - Date is Thur Aug 29th (the day GE opens). AK opens at 7am and we plan on arriving around 6:30 (my family hates me!). Cast is me, DW, DS17 and DD14
    Plan
    6:45 to 7:30. Flight of Passage (Assuming they are letting us in early, plus even if they don't, hoping crowd is low enough to still be done by 7:30)
    7:40 to 8:15 Safari
    8:30 to 9:15 Everest 2 times (we have a FP+ from 8:15 to 9:15)
    9:15 to 10:15 Big gap now due to PW closed
    10:15 to 10:45 Navi River (we have a FP+ from 10:15 to 11:15 - I checked and at the moment there is nothing earlier) I know this is a hike from Everest to NR.
    11:00 to 11:30 Lunch from (hoping things are open this early) - Not sure where.
    12 to 12:30 Nemo Show
    12:45 to 1:15 Kali River
    1:15 to 4:30 BREAK
    5:00 to 5:25 UP!
    5:30 to 7:00 ADR Yak and Yeti
    7:05 to 7:30 Everest (hoping for a 4th FP+ for this, but if not hoping lines aren't that long)
    Rivers of light

Kids don't like ITTBAB. They are so-so on Dinosaur. I have a tentative of that at 7:45 after Everest, we can do this during the PW gap. TS is also an option but kids are a bit old for it.
    We need to fit in FotLK but I don't see where.
    We like to do KR right before the break so we don't walk the parks wet. We could move it earlier but then we are walking around wet.
    Finally, we do have a DAS that I avoid using if possible. I could get Navi first thing in the morning and ride after FoP but I don't think doing that really helps other than saving walking. After 9:15 we would have nothing until Lunch. Do KR here and just sit and relax before lunch and dry off? And/or, we could do the 10:30 show of UP! and then the 5:00pm FotLK but then we won't make the 5:30 Y&Y and there are no other ADRs available for me to push that back. What happens if we show up late?

UGH.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Maybe see FOLK 10 am show then straight to Navi River and then lunch at Satuli ( think they open at 10;30)

Quote Originally Posted by pinocchio View Post
    Maybe see FOLK 10 am show then straight to Navi River and then lunch at Satuli ( think they open at 10;30)
    According to Touring Plans first FOLK show is 11am on our day. Not 10am

definately Satuli for lunch after navi! mmmmm... You know, that gap might not seem too big. figure in walk, bathroom break, maybe a snack or a stop at a shop even?

The WDW site can tell you what time the restaurant opens. For example Satu'li opens at 10:30 on 8/29
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...atuli-canteen/

Our AK day is Saturday so I used it to check what was offering breakfast before 9am.

If you're able to catch the last show of Nemo at 4:30, my vote is to have a late breakfast/early lunch, then 11am FotLK.

Fop
    N'avi
    Safari
    Everest
    Late Breakfast/early lunch
    11am FotLK
    UP! 12
    Kali

ETA: included UP!

or get the Landry's card for $25 ( they give you a $25 credit ) and you don't need a reservation for yak and yeti - first table available , so you could eat at 6:15 or whatever works with ROL

Quote Originally Posted by pinocchio View Post
    or get the Landry's card for $25 ( they give you a $25 credit ) and you don't need a reservation for yak and yeti - first table available , so you could eat at 6:15 or whatever works with ROL
    I don't think this will work. I think I will need an ADR for Yak and Yeti. Considering I can't even get one now, makes me believe they won't have any tables when we arrive. Plus, we are on the dining plan, so the Landry card won't help either

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    I had an ADR on Tuesday and also have a Landry's card. While waiting to be called, I heard the hostess call out "Landry Select Club Member ****" so I think it would work for getting a table. It can't hurt to check it out even if you're on the dining plan. Since the main goal is to get a table I'd use that Landry's card in a hot minute.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    I don't think this will work. I think I will need an ADR for Yak and Yeti. Considering I can't even get one now, makes me believe they won't have any tables when we arrive. Plus, we are on the dining plan, so the Landry card won't help either
    This never struck me as a particularly hard reservation to get. I’ve always been able to, and if not, the card will do the trick. There’s usually a lot of day-before available for restaurants that are not-as-hyped, which is definitely how I’d characterize this one—unless of corse they’re now offering some kind of rivers of light reservation deal. We don’t typically book stuff like that, so I don’t keep up with which ones offer those things.
    Brandi

I'd definitely try to get Na'vi in the morning while you are over in Pandora to save all of the walking. Then try to do UP at 10:30 and FotLK at 5:00. Even if you don't want to do the Landry's Club thing, I've been late to ADRs many times for various reasons and I've never been turned away.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

I would use the DAS on Navi in the AM. Don't feel bad. Your family has some challenges that the average family does not, and Disney has this in place to help without being egregious.
    Then, see if you can get an earlier FP+ for Safari. So after Pandora, go to EE, then Safari. After Safari you can hit up FOTLK at 11.

Also, ADR's have a 15 min window as well. If not available on line, see if you can get the phone number of Y&Y in the AM nd call them as soon as you get out of FOTLK and tell them you are on the way. They will/should hold he reservation.
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC