Thread: MNSSHP Roll Call!

MNSSHP Roll Call!

Who else is attending MNSSHP this year? Tell us when you're headed, what you'll be wearing and what you're most looking forward to doing! I wish they'd announce what they speciality treats will be this year. Thats always one of my favorite parts :)
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

If all goes as planned, 8/27. We typically don't buy them until a few days before. If it says rain, then some of the special parades are cancelled. If it is sold out, we don't want to go because we don't want to wait on lines. So as long as weather says good and we can still get tickets, we will be there.
    Looking forward to the candy. We can home with so much last year, I think we still have some left over.
    Someone said there is a new Monsters Inc overlay. Looking forward to that too.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    If all goes as planned, 8/27. We typically don't buy them until a few days before. If it says rain, then some of the special parades are cancelled. If it is sold out, we don't want to go because we don't want to wait on lines. So as long as weather says good and we can still get tickets, we will be there.
    Looking forward to the candy. We can home with so much last year, I think we still have some left over.
    Someone said there is a new Monsters Inc overlay. Looking forward to that too.
    You know whats funny, this will be my 3rd MNSSHP and I've never once trick or treated. I went last year and it POURED on and off, it really helped the crowds. I had never seen no line for BTMR and people riding over and over.
    Tricia

Me and my friend are going to the first MNSSHP this year on Friday, August 16th. I went to the first one in September of 2015 and had a really good time even though it sold out. I can't wait for the treats too. The problem with going to the first one is that I won't know in advance which ones are worth getting or not. I love the MNSSHP vibe. I'm looking forward to the Boo to You parade quite a lot.

Our plan is to go on Tuesday, October 8. I'm not sure what I will be wearing, yet. DS21 always wears his Star Wars halloween shirt. We loved the treats 2 years ago, but were disappointed last year. I hope they do some good ones this year. We were disappointed in the party in general last year and debated not going this year, but we've had a great time all the other years we've gone so we decided to not let one less than stellar year deter us. We never trick-or-treat, but I like the parade (and DS humors me) - the Grave Diggers are my favorite. We like to ride BTMRR over and over during the fireworks. Plan to catch the midnight Hocus Pocus stage show this year for the first time.
    Jen

We are going 10-10-19. We are thinking of a family costume of Winnie the Pooh Characters. Me as Pooh, DH as Tigger, and DD as Piglet.

The Party is usually one of our favorite things to do at WDW, and we look forward to it every year. Wasn't happy to see they are changing the fireworks. I hope the new show is great, but the old show was my favorite thing about the party, with the parade a close second.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cncwood View Post
    Me and my friend are going to the first MNSSHP this year on Friday, August 16th. I went to the first one in September of 2015 and had a really good time even though it sold out. I can't wait for the treats too. The problem with going to the first one is that I won't know in advance which ones are worth getting or not. I love the MNSSHP vibe. I'm looking forward to the Boo to You parade quite a lot.
    Youll just have to try them all and report back before I go the following week :p
    Tricia

We're going to the last one of the year on 11/1. I'm disneybounding Maleficent, not sure what the rest of the group is doing yet. So looking forward to the new fireworks show!

We’re really thinking about it for our Anniversary Trip, but I do feel pretty guilty not bringing the kids to this. They really don’t like scary stuff though, so it might be my big chance to go. My younger son would have headless horseman nightmares for months.
    So we haven’t purchased tickets yet, but if we go, I’ll be in some form of a Captain Marvel costume.
    Brandi

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Going today!!! My DD will be wearing a light blue waitress outfit, like a 50's Prime Time waitress (even though it's actually a Twin Peaks waitress outfit!). I have a Haunted Mansion t-shirt that I'm wearing.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

We're going tonight also. Other than Little Girl's Maleficent top and Maleficent Mouse Ears, no particular costume or special gear.
    Last edited by mgarbowski; 08-17-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

We’re going the 13th of September before heading out Saturday morning on the Fantasy! Not sure if I can talk my guys into costumes.....working on 80s flashbacks since my husband and I still have these from a recent dance party; Magnum PI and Madonna (more like Debbie Gibson, lol) and then Marty McFly and his “sailor vest” for our son.

We're going on 10/17! My group is Disneybounding Sleeping Beauty. DD will be Aurora (in a dress I'm trying to light up & change colors from pink to blue) Hubby, DS & I will be the green (DS), pink (DH) & blue (me) fairies. My mother will be Maleficent and my father will either wear a Prince Phillip T-shirt or have a raven on his shoulder. So excited about this. Last time we were there for a party was 2015 and our costumes were way to hot! So that's how we decided on Disneybounding this time around theme is there in cool comfy clothes. Hope you all have a great time when you go!

Went last night. Thought it was more crowded than previous years. But that again it wasn’t raining any my other trips always seemed to be raining off and on during the party

This will be our first MNSSHP and I’m trying to work out the ‘best’ plan for our family. I’ve read countless things that say the 2nd parade historically has lower crowds but this year not so much. We are not interested in characters, more so rides, watching Boo to You, and the “fireworks” with the plan to stay until the party ends. Do you mind sharing what your game plan was and how it went with the crowds you encountered? Trying to find out if our tentative plans are feasible. TIA!

Went last night. Thought it was more crowded than previous years. But that again it wasn’t raining any my other trips always seemed to be raining off and on during the party

I was there on the 27th as well and was surprised how crowded it was. I was hoping the rain that afternoon would hold some of the local crowd off but that didn't happen.
    Tricia

Quote Originally Posted by Samy1000 View Post
    This will be our first MNSSHP and I’m trying to work out the ‘best’ plan for our family. I’ve read countless things that say the 2nd parade historically has lower crowds but this year not so much. We are not interested in characters, more so rides, watching Boo to You, and the “fireworks” with the plan to stay until the party ends. Do you mind sharing what your game plan was and how it went with the crowds you encountered? Trying to find out if our tentative plans are feasible. TIA!
    This is my "secret" watch spot for fireworks at the parties. The hub grass is gated so people assume its closed off or can't figure out how to get in because they are only a few spots to enter. We got a spot around 10pm, it wasn't packed with people and this was our view:

mnsshp.jpg

mnsshp2.jpg
    Tricia

Wonderful, thank you for this tip! Do you think it would be reasonable to catch the fireworks, then move to Frontierland to watch the parade in terms of getting over there and without too much fus and finding a decent viewing spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Samy1000 View Post
    Wonderful, thank you for this tip! Do you think it would be reasonable to catch the fireworks, then move to Frontierland to watch the parade in terms of getting over there and without too much fus and finding a decent viewing spot?
    Yep! We watched fireworks, rode HM and then got a spot for the parade. After the parade passed, we went on Splash twice in a row. If you skipped the ride, you'd def have better luck finding a spot. It'd be easy to get a ride or two in after the parade passes before the park closes if you're on the right side of the sidewalk. Last year as soon as the parade passed where I was watching, I walked right onto HM with no wait.
    Tricia

Nice, thanks!