Thread: What’s the deal with Oga’s

What’s the deal with Oga’s

We’re planning an adults only October trip. I initially thought we’d pass on the new Star Wars stuff, but who am I kidding.

I love Star Wars. Really just the first three movies, Rouge One and The Force Awakens... but anyway, I think I’m down with getting to HS at 5:30 am for the EEMH.

I’d LOVE to experience Oga’s cantina, but I’m seeing reservations—this is just a bar with like really limited snacks, right?

I’m shut out for reservations at this point, but I’ll keep checking. There’s just two of us, so I’m hoping something opens up. Do we know if they’re letting anyone in without reservations?
    Brandi

It sounds like reservation only. But I guess we won't know for sure until it opens. Touringplans has already added oga's to the reservation finder, I am sure something will come up between now and October.

Yes, really just drinks. There's a dry snack plate option that looks pretty weak. A jello-thing. Breakfast has the better food choices but there are still just 2-ish things.

Thanks, Anne. I’ve been resistant to using the reservation finder, but this may change my position.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    Thanks, Anne. I’ve been resistant to using the reservation finder, but this may change my position.
    It is a free service. You need a touringplans free account sign in but do not need any of their paid memberships to use the reservation finder. I think because it is free and because they don't scrape the Disney website Disney hasn't shut it down like they did the other services.

I'm really curious to check this out myself. I'm going in October and made two reservations for Oga's- one in the am and one in the pm.

I hope you find a reservations soon! When in October will you be there?
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Disney Parks Blog says: "While reservations for these experiences are highly recommended, there will be limited walk-up availability."

I don't know how limited, but it sounds like there may be a bit of hope at least if you aren't able to secure a reservation.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Disney Parks Blog says: "While reservations for these experiences are highly recommended, there will be limited walk-up availability."

I don't know how limited, but it sounds like there may be a bit of hope at least if you aren't able to secure a reservation.
    Oh thanks!! I’m willing to wait it out, especially on an adults only trip. I’ll keep on checking tho.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    I'm really curious to check this out myself. I'm going in October and made two reservations for Oga's- one in the am and one in the pm.

I hope you find a reservations soon! When in October will you be there?

We’ll be there the weekend before Halloween. It’s for our anniversary, which is at the beginning of the month, but the end of the month works better for work and stuff. What about you?
    Brandi

We’ll be there the weekend before Halloween. It’s for our anniversary, which is at the beginning of the month, but the end of the month works better for work and stuff. What about you?
    Friday, Oct 5th. Plan to be there for EEMH, so bright and early ready for 6am. I made F! dining package reservations for lunch at HBD because I've never eaten there before and haven't seen F! since 2014. Hoping to get on SDD at park close; I haven't been on it yet! I also want to get some rides on the skyliner because it'll be opening just a few days before I arrive.

Can a skyliner bar crawl be a thing? Because if so I want to do the first one!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Happy to report I was able to snag a 10:30 am reservation at Oga’s for our HS day. I’m looking forward to morning drinking after getting there for a 6am EMH. I think a gondola bar crawl will have to be in order as well. Thinking of heading to CS, they have a good bar, right? We’ve never been to that resort, so that may be a fun destination.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post

We weren't able to get rsvtn our first trip after BOG opened. Instead we arrived 20 minutes before lunch opened and got on a small line and were let in about 35 minutes later.

Maybe Oga's will have a similar line?
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

Happy to report I was able to snag a 10:30 am reservation at Oga’s for our HS day. I’m looking forward to morning drinking after getting there for a 6am EMH. I think a gondola bar crawl will have to be in order as well. Thinking of heading to CS, they have a good bar, right? We’ve never been to that resort, so that may be a fun destination.
    So glad you were able to get a reservation! I like your gondola bar crawl idea, too. CS isn't on the Skyliner route, but I've heard good things. If Riviera is open when you go you could take the Skyliner from DHS to Caribbean Beach, grab a drink; then on to Riviera, grab a drink; on to Epcot for Food & Wine. Of course, I would either need to do that as an afternoon and be asleep by 7pm or if I did it in the evening I would need a late start the next day. I don't recover as quickly as I used to!
    Jen

So I thought I would bump this up after our experience.

We had a 1:30 reservation. I got this time so it would be after our lunch at Mama Melrose. So already well fed. The week we were there it wasn't that busy in the parks. So stand by was an option to wait as well. We did get to jump this line with a reservation though. We were sat at a booth in which there were five people already there. So they squeezed us in. Three sitting in the booth and then two on small stools. The table sits in an alcove of sorts. This was already feeling cramped and not long after we sat and ordered our drinks they told us to squeeze in more and put our bags and droids on the floor to make room (nope wasn't going to do that since it already looked disgusting). So we had to basically hold them. My husbands bookbag was able to be put behind us up on the wall though.

We each ordered a drink. Two alcoholic and two nonalcoholic. My sons (a pineapplish one can't remember the name) was the best. Mine was pretty strong. My other son's drink was pretty fun as it seemed to have dry ice in it and he got a kick out of that.

The other three that were at the table had left shortly after their drinks and the two at the stools as well. As they quickly try to shuffle you out as soon as you are even nearing your drink if not ordering a second round. Then when those 5 left 6 replaced them at an already cramped table.

All in all. For the price nope no way.

We were cramped, not really even interacted with by the cast member(s), told the rules very sternly (one of them being not being able to walk around and had to stay at our seats), and drinks were very small for the cost.

I get paying higher costs for experiences at Disney, but it didn't even feel like an experience. I almost felt like it was walk in a room, hand over a bunch of money, walk out. We cancelled our second reservation of the trip for it. I would much rather have spent that money towards another experience. We didn't even hardly get to see anything in there either. Maybe others have had better experiences, but ours was just not worth it.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    every part of that experience is ridiculous
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

That really sounds awful! If we can't look around what's the point of going????? Most mornings at 10:30 am I'm not thinking "boy I could go for an overpriced beverage crammed in at a table with total strangers".

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by crewsn View Post
    So I thought I would bump this up after our experience.

We had a 1:30 reservation. I got this time so it would be after our lunch at Mama Melrose. So already well fed. The week we were there it wasn't that busy in the parks. So stand by was an option to wait as well. We did get to jump this line with a reservation though. We were sat at a booth in which there were five people already there. So they squeezed us in. Three sitting in the booth and then two on small stools. The table sits in an alcove of sorts. This was already feeling cramped and not long after we sat and ordered our drinks they told us to squeeze in more and put our bags and droids on the floor to make room (nope wasn't going to do that since it already looked disgusting). So we had to basically hold them. My husbands bookbag was able to be put behind us up on the wall though.

We each ordered a drink. Two alcoholic and two nonalcoholic. My sons (a pineapplish one can't remember the name) was the best. Mine was pretty strong. My other son's drink was pretty fun as it seemed to have dry ice in it and he got a kick out of that.

The other three that were at the table had left shortly after their drinks and the two at the stools as well. As they quickly try to shuffle you out as soon as you are even nearing your drink if not ordering a second round. Then when those 5 left 6 replaced them at an already cramped table.

All in all. For the price nope no way.

We were cramped, not really even interacted with by the cast member(s), told the rules very sternly (one of them being not being able to walk around and had to stay at our seats), and drinks were very small for the cost.

I get paying higher costs for experiences at Disney, but it didn't even feel like an experience. I almost felt like it was walk in a room, hand over a bunch of money, walk out. We cancelled our second reservation of the trip for it. I would much rather have spent that money towards another experience. We didn't even hardly get to see anything in there either. Maybe others have had better experiences, but ours was just not worth it.
    Unacceptable.

I hope you brought your experience to a manager's attention. And definitely email WDW guest relations.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Thank you for your review @crewsn. I am sorry you had that experience. If even part of our experience was like that I would be upset and my husband would be a wreck. I am cancelling our 2 ADR’s too. That is disappointing for sure.

Yeah it truly was the most... we are trying to cram you in for the least amount of time and take as much money from you as we can experience from Disney. I hope that our experience is more of the atypical vs typical though and I try to give the crowds, etc the benefit of the doubt most times. Sad thing its not even like it was a crowded day. It was a Wednesday on a very noncrowded day in September.

I meant to send a email to guest relations, but didn't right off. I still should as it was pretty ridiculous.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

We were there last week as well, and had a similar experience, except we didn't even get a seat, we had to stand at a small table with 6 strangers told not to move, felt very rushed, over price. It was neat to see and the drinks were neat but overall it was not worth it.
    Cindy

This sounds awful. Has anyone gone during breakfast? We currently have a reservation during that time period, because we really want to check it out, but if it's like this all the time, we'll probably cancel and try in a few years when things calm down.

we went as walk ups in early September. granted it was 6:15 am so very few people in there and our service was good but before we were done a couple joined our table and it was awkward. we were glad we were basically done. I'm not that kind of sociable I guess? It was expensive I think but pretty cool spot. But I wonder now if Ill keep reservations for January with my large family.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Momof8 View Post
    But I wonder now if Ill keep reservations for January with my large family.
    That might be the key to a more pleasant experience, bring a family large enough to occupy an entire table. We (2 of us) have reservations for December, but are seriously considering dropping due to the seating arrangement. Not of fan of community seating, or people.