Thread: GE ADRs open!

GE ADRs open!

(Not sure if this should go here or Dining forum). You may have already heard, but reservations are open for Oga's Canteen and Savi's Lightsaber experience. (Website has been a mess getting through)
    Andrea
    Seriously addicted to Disney
    Cast: Me DH DS (20) DD (13)

Past Trips:
    WDW (me as a kid) Dec 1972 🎢 WDW (ASMo) May 2003 🎢 WDW (ASMo) April 2007 🎢 WDW/NSSHP (CBR) Sept 2009 🎢 Cruise (Dream)/WDW (Poly)/NSSHP Oct 2011 🎢 WDW (CBR) Christmas 2011 🎢 DLR (Disneyland Hotel) Christmas 2012 🎢 WDW (POR) Thanksgiving/ MVMCP 2015 🎢 WDW (POR) July 2017 🎢 Heading Back (WL) December 2019!!!

Reservations were abundant and easy to get through.

Now I just have to decide if it's worth $100 per kid to build a droid. I think if they want it as an early primary Christmas gift I'd be willing. Or maybe months of extra chores ;-) I just think about the banshees languishing in the toy bin. They were all the rage for about 2 weeks. And one already doesn't move so well.

Would you take kids to the Cantina? I admit I haven't paid close attention to the Disneyland coverage.

Really? I fought it for a couple of hours to get Oga and Savi, then realized I forgot Droid Depot, and went back in, and all it get is Please Remain On This Page with the Millinium Flacon flying, or occasionally getting Wreck It Ralph saying they are working on it. I even tried calling the phone number, and it said all lines are busy. I still haven't gotten back in for that
    Andrea

Past Trips:
    WDW (me as a kid) Dec 1972 🎢 WDW (ASMo) May 2003 🎢 WDW (ASMo) April 2007 🎢 WDW/NSSHP (CBR) Sept 2009 🎢 Cruise (Dream)/WDW (Poly)/NSSHP Oct 2011 🎢 WDW (CBR) Christmas 2011 🎢 DLR (Disneyland Hotel) Christmas 2012 🎢 WDW (POR) Thanksgiving/ MVMCP 2015 🎢 WDW (POR) July 2017 🎢 Heading Back (WL) December 2019!!!

I wasn't able to get anything at Oga's either on Monday, September 16th. Breakfast and lunch were both unavailable for a party of 6. Plan on getting to HS for 6AM so dinner isn't in the cards, although I didn't check. Also, dining reservations currently not available via MDE. Everything has to go through the website.

Got the lightsabers and the droid, but the falcon keeps flying when I try to get Oga. Early times are filling up fast though.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
    Really? I fought it for a couple of hours to get Oga and Savi, then realized I forgot Droid Depot, and went back in, and all it get is Please Remain On This Page with the Millinium Flacon flying, or occasionally getting Wreck It Ralph saying they are working on it. I even tried calling the phone number, and it said all lines are busy. I still haven't gotten back in for that
    That is so odd! I went in to look at Oga's 4 different times and only once did I get a brief flying falcon. And no wait to search for droid reservations.

Each time I used the direct link to each reservation page from WDWNT article. Maybe that would help somehow?

I was looking at ADRs Nov and Dec and there were multiple times available for each meal I checked.

I did finally get what I wanted- just had to wait through a LONG time of flying MF (even tried on other devices). By the time I finally got in for Droid, there were very limited times available for 2 builders on the day I wanted, and I had to revise my desired time, but I was able to get something I think will work (I had already gotten Savi's and Oga's earlier).
    Andrea

Past Trips:

Quote Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
    I did finally get what I wanted- just had to wait through a LONG time of flying MF (even tried on other devices). By the time I finally got in for Droid, there were very limited times available for 2 builders on the day I wanted, and I had to revise my desired time, but I was able to get something I think will work (I had already gotten Savi's and Oga's earlier).
    So glad to hear you were able to get what you needed!

I must have just been lucky and seen the post early, before the crush of people checking. I checked oga's tonight and had about 5 minutes of flying falcon. But nothing available all day for the 3 days I was considering. I was thinking maybe I should have done breakfast instead of an early lunch time with the kids but now it's not an option. On the other hand breakfast ends at 10 am and we don't like taking a break that early in the day.

I had my choice of days and times for Savi's, but couldn't get Oga's on any day at any time.
    Jen

Keep checking for Oga's. I was up at 3am and managed to get two for December after not seeing any yesterday and last night. I could see them and then they would disappear (I think it was the couldn't check message and not the no availability message).

Quote Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
    Keep checking for Oga's. I was up at 3am and managed to get two for December after not seeing any yesterday and last night. I could see them and then they would disappear (I think it was the couldn't check message and not the no availability message).
    Yeah, at one point it said there was one, but it didn't get through the booking before an error popped up and then it was gone. Savi's is more important to DS21 so at least I got that. I will definitely keep checking for Oga's, though. I have often had good luck with tough ADRs within a couple days before a date as people change their plans.

ETA: I just checked again and was able to get a time that works perfectly with our Savi's time! Persistence pays off again.
    Jen

For some reason best known to Disney MDE won’t allow me to book the Droid Depot for the days I will be at WDW. The day before I arrive and the day after I leave, no problem and Oga’s was no problem. Currently awaiting response from tech support!
    Frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I waited over 30 minutes yesterday to pick up droid depot reservations for a client but had no problem getting in this morning.

I'm headed to SWGE for my first time on Oct 4th and grabbed two reservations for Oga's. One in the am and one in the PM. I plan to RD the EEMH so a coffee cocktail at 9am sounds pretty nice to me :)
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Quote Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
    Thanks! Based on your post I checked again this am and had no trouble changing lunch to breakfast. Those overnight oats look yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post

I'm headed to SWGE for my first time on Oct 4th and grabbed two reservations for Oga's. One in the am and one in the PM. I plan to RD the EEMH so a coffee cocktail at 9am sounds pretty nice to me :)
    I hope you will put up a quick report when you return! We arrive at WDW on the 5th and have reservations for Oga's and Savi's on the 11th.
    Jen

I grabbed reservations mid morning yesterday when I saw a post they had opened. I was able to grab a Savi's for my husband (his request) for midweek, October 2, and an Oga's for all of us after lunch at mama melrose.

Then on the Saturday, October 5, I got both my kids reservations to build driods (that day is one of my son's birthdays) and then Oga's again. May be overkill to have it twice in one week, but figured its his bday.

The times seemed to be going quick for what was first released, but I heard a lot of times opened up again today. So check again if you didn't get something the day before.

Also, I am glad they did these reservations. It takes a lot of the pressure off my worrying of getting there and standing in really long lines then not even getting a chance. My kids have been saving their money ever since seeing the youtube clips from Disneyland. At least now I feel like even if I do wait a bit I'll still get to do the experience.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

I agree. I did fine with Savi's and Oga's when it first opened. But I was so busy with those, I forgot to make a reservation for Droid Depot until later in the afternoon yesterday, and that's when I had problems. I did finally get that last night, thankfully!! Hopefully everyone else has been able to get your reservations (they apparently added more time slots today, so if you didn't get yours yet, keep trying!)
    Andrea

Past Trips:

So for Droid Depot, we kept getting an error when we'd try to select a time. Our friends who are traveling at the same time had the same issue. But we could have our pick of time before and after our trip. We are staying at SOG which seems to create trouble with MDE at times. Called Disney and each CM would say everything must be sold out, everything is fine on our side. Yeah right. Eventually, I just created another MDE account and had no problem booking Wednesday and adjusting on Thursday.
    August 2008 - Carribbean Beach
    August 2010 - Port Orleans - French Quarter
    September 2012 - Pop Century
    September 2014 - Boardwalk - 1st Food & Wine!
    June 2015 - Disney Dream - Family Honeymoon Cruise!
    December 2015 - Pop Century - 1st WDW Christmas!
    October 2016 - Disneyland
    June 2017 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    August 2018 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Concert Junkie when not at Disney

I got Droid Depot and Savi for our HS day during Thanksgiving week, the 26th. Not the most ideal time, between 10-11 but I guess I'll take it.They were out of afternoon spots. I was not able to get Oga's so I'll start stalking for cancels.

This Droid Depot thing is brilliant! The kids watched a video of it and were asking all weekend what chores they can do to earn one. We shall see if the enthusiasm is sustained for 3 + months.

I'm so excited!! I got a droid depot reservations as a surprise for the hubs for our trip in December. I think he'll love it!
    Tricia

i'm so glad this was brought up. I forgot I needed to start planning our Jan trip so got on and made resort reservations and then got Ogas for 9 people! and droid resie too! Funny, my boys were not too sure about going on this trip but when they heard I got those reservations and beaches and cream they decided that missing a couple days of college and work would be ok!

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    I hope you will put up a quick report when you return! We arrive at WDW on the 5th and have reservations for Oga's and Savi's on the 11th.
    You know I love a TR!
    Tricia

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    You know I love a TR!
    We changed our reservations to the 5th, so you probably won't have time to get up a report before we go, but I'll still be interested to hear your thoughts.
    Jen