Thread: DHS Traffic Flow Into/Out of GE?

DHS Traffic Flow Into/Out of GE?

In one of the write ups, Josh mentioned that the exit from GE will be into the Toy Story area... does this mean that you will not be able to re-enter from that side at all?

If we send one person to get a DAS return time for TSMM while the rest of us spend time in GE, will that person have to walk all the way around the park to get back to us?

I would not be surprised if they kept a flow of exit only for a time. Especially if there are capacity limits in the land. This is how they ran things at AK when Pandora opened. Even after the first few weeks and they were no longer having days where they hit capacity they kept the back entrance from Africa either closed or one way.

Speaking of capacity, if there are closures I wouldn't send anyone out. They may not get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by lelei View Post
    In one of the write ups, Josh mentioned that the exit from GE will be into the Toy Story area... does this mean that you will not be able to re-enter from that side at all?

If we send one person to get a DAS return time for TSMM while the rest of us spend time in GE, will that person have to walk all the way around the park to get back to us?
    I don't know your dates, but keep in mind their might be a line just to get into GE. At universal they had this for HP. The land can only hold a certain amount of people before it is at capacity. So if you go into GE and someone goes to TSM to get the DAS, they might not be able to get into GE with you.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    I don't know your dates, but keep in mind their might be a line just to get into GE. At universal they had this for HP. The land can only hold a certain amount of people before it is at capacity. So if you go into GE and someone goes to TSM to get the DAS, they might not be able to get into GE with you.
    You can get a DAS return time at one of the guest service blue umbrella's. There is one located on Hollywood Blvd and one on the way into Toy Story Land.

that's a shame
    A CM at the DHS RD told me that they haven't finalized the SW traffic flow at RD, but they all expect that the RD crowd will be directed past the Frozen Singalong theater, toward Star Tours and into the main entrance. We didn't discuss exits.

This sounds likely based upon what I was told.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Thank you for the responses! Are the blue umbrella's for DAS times new? I don't recall seeing that in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by lelei View Post
    Thank you for the responses! Are the blue umbrella's for DAS times new? I don't recall seeing that in the past.
    Blue Umbrella's are new and in all 4 parks. They can do a lot of things, not just DAS
    They used to give you an update post on MDE to point them out. I had a screen shot of one but guess I deleted it. They have a name but I can't remember what it was