Thread: New AP - questions

New AP - questions

Hello,
    this weekend Iíll be heading to WDW with my dd and I want to activate my AP when there. Can I do this at POFQ? Does anyone know if , with the promo to get a guest in for $89 do I have to do that the morning we want to use it? At the park? We hope to go to the parks Sunday and start at AK for EMH. Will guest services be open plenty early for us to buy ticket and get in line with reasonable expectations to ride FOP?
    Thanks for any help. Iím excited to have an AP but have questions as to how itís all going to play out. :)
    theresia

You cannot activate your AP at the hotel. The only places to activate are ticket booth or guest services at the park or guest services at Disney springs. If you activate the day before at DS just be aware the AP expiration date is based on the day you activate, not the day of first use.

The $89 tickets can only be purchased at the park on the day you use them. At either a ticket booth or guest services.

I'm not sure about getting to FoP, I'd be nervous about combining the 2 on one morning. Guest services/tickets are for sure open 1 hr before park open, often earlier, but you never know on any given day exactly how early. Add you never know how much of a line there will be or how long it will take to process everything. It took 20 minutes to activate our 4 APs and purchase a TiW card at Epcots IG when there was no line. They had some kind of computer slow down that day. I kept picturing the sloth DMV scene from Zootopia (the CM who helped us that day was not brisk in his movements either, mostly though he was waiting around for the computer).

Quote Originally Posted by Momof8 View Post
    Hello,
    this weekend I’ll be heading to WDW with my dd and I want to activate my AP when there. Can I do this at POFQ? Does anyone know if , with the promo to get a guest in for $89 do I have to do that the morning we want to use it? At the park? We hope to go to the parks Sunday and start at AK for EMH. Will guest services be open plenty early for us to buy ticket and get in line with reasonable expectations to ride FOP?
    Thanks for any help. I’m excited to have an AP but have questions as to how it’s all going to play out. :)
    theresia
    Your odds of being done in time to get in line to ride FoP are somewhere between slim and none. And Slim just left town ;)

The issue is the park opens about 30 to even 45 min before officially posted opening time. So that means getting done at GS WELL before the park opens. And as PP said, it's not a quick process. Or has never been for us

After waiting in a horribly long line at guest services in front of MK, we’ve always dealt with the our APs the night before at DS. Generally it was to exchange vouchers for the actual AP.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    After waiting in a horribly long line at guest services in front of MK, we’ve always dealt with the our APs the night before at DS. Generally it was to exchange vouchers for the actual AP.
    That's exactly what we do too, although we bridged PH tickets from UT to APs, and we were in and out of Guest Services in 10 minutes.

Thanks so much. We will be at Disney springs Saturday eve so will do AP activation there and then will only have to buy dd ticket Sunday morning. We’ve never gone just the two of us and we’ve also never gone without majorfast pass planning so this I’ll be a new fun experience for us. We will likely hit all 4 parks just because we can. She moves into housing for the DCP Monday morning. :)