Thread: How do I catch-up?

How do I catch-up?

We haven't been to Disney for 2 years and are planning to go back fall of 2020. Since I haven't planned a trip in a while, I'm completely out of the loop. How can I catch myself up on the changes that happened while I was "away". When we went, the big thing was planning for Pandora.

I really liked Josh's book and will purchase another. But, I'm wondering if I should wait until the rides all open in HS. Thoughts? (Oh, I know I get the Kindle copy for free with updates, but I like to tag things in the actual book.)

Josh and Dave's book is usually released in late August/early September. I would think they could possibly delay it some in order to include the most up to date Galaxy's Edge information, but I have no special info on that, just speculation on my part. But a new print copy won't be updated until the following year, so you will still want to refer to the electronic updates for additional information as they are released. I have the book too, but I like to reference the cheat sheets as they are updated and also keep up to date with the blog posts.
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BC

Read some blogs and ask some questions here! I'm guessing until SWGE is up and running with both rides, it'll be hard to predict a touring plan for that just yet.

Welcome back!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

I would get Josh's book. Read through the updated cheat sheets online. Google and read the most recent Rope drop posts for each park. Remember to refresh for 4th and beyond fastpass in the park and reread threads about that if rusty. Google for easywdw reviews on any restaurant ADRs being considered.

I don't feel like my touring and plans are much different now compared to 2 years ago. And like Tricia said. SWGE will be the big change but no way to know yet how that will pan out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I would get Josh's book. Read through the updated cheat sheets online. Google and read the most recent Rope drop posts for each park. Remember to refresh for 4th and beyond fastpass in the park and reread threads about that if rusty. Google for easywdw reviews on any restaurant ADRs being considered.

I don't feel like my touring and plans are much different now compared to 2 years ago. And like Tricia said. SWGE will be the big change but no way to know yet how that will pan out.
    Where are the updated cheat sheets?

Just google "easywdw cheat sheets"

Spend an hour a week following this blog and WDW updates to help you get acquainted with new rides and restaurants opening, how Skyliner and GE plays out, and what party tickets, dessert or extra hour packages may interest you. Many new things are just on the horizon and none of us know exactly what the best strategy will be until the actual experience. Your trip date has the advantage to see what others share after most of these new things open but before you need configure 180day ADRs and a plan. Planning is half the fun :D Enjoy!

We keep an 8"x11" landscape grid sheet with columns for each day in the park. We have a row for park hours, FPs, TS/QS options, and notes. As we find interesting stuff online, we fill details in pencil for stuff we'd like to do. Even if we switch park days, we still have an idea of what we'd like to do there. Helps us not forget the smaller stuff we want to do like a certain snack/location, comic strip photos at the resort arcade, Yeha Bob...
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA

Quote Originally Posted by HeyHeather View Post
    Spend an hour a week following this blog and WDW updates to help you get acquainted with new rides and restaurants opening, how Skyliner and GE plays out, and what party tickets, dessert or extra hour packages may interest you. Many new things are just on the horizon and none of us know exactly what the best strategy will be until the actual experience. Your trip date has the advantage to see what others share after most of these new things open but before you need configure 180day ADRs and a plan. Planning is half the fun :D Enjoy!

We keep an 8"x11" landscape grid sheet with columns for each day in the park. We have a row for park hours, FPs, TS/QS options, and notes. As we find interesting stuff online, we fill details in pencil for stuff we'd like to do. Even if we switch park days, we still have an idea of what we'd like to do there. Helps us not forget the smaller stuff we want to do like a certain snack/location, comic strip photos at the resort arcade, Yeha Bob...
    I do the same, just on Excel!! I also have a few matrices for best park days, optimal ride order, meals etc. My wife calls me the Disney Quant.
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC