Thread: Magic Bands

Magic Bands

So we have friends that are going down to WDW a week before us and they got their magic bands last week.
    A few weeks ago we set ours with the colors and names etc and I submitted. Up until yesterday when I went it, it was counting down days for me to still be able to edit the order.
    Today I looked to see if they shipped or something. The count down is gone, the edit button is there, when I click on it, it seems that nothing is set for any of us (no colors or anything)
    What do I do? Have they shipped? Do I need to reset it? Did they lose the order and now are all get generic grey ones?
    Our trip is in 30 days.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

I think it's a glitch? Mine is doing that too. Sometimes when I click the link to view my order it's there but sometimes it's not. It also shows that I only have 3 more days to edit my order even though my trip is not until the end of August.

Hopefully just a glitch. I noticed some issues a couple weeks ago. I confirmed my order and the next day I called Disney Reservations and ask them to confirm - they did.
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC

Its often glitchy.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

so if the countdown for me had a 1 yesterday, does that mean we are all set and they should be sent out soon?
    We would I call to confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    so if the countdown for me had a 1 yesterday, does that mean we are all set and they should be sent out soon?
    We would I call to confirm?
    You could always call if you're concerned yet- or wait a few days and see if the message changes to "your magic bands have shipped!"
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    You could always call if you're concerned yet- or wait a few days and see if the message changes to "your magic bands have shipped!"
    I just want to make sure we don't get grey ones. If I wait until the ship it might be too late.

I took a screen shot of my order showing the colors selected for each family member. That way if they mess up I can show them I did select the colors and not just gray ones.

I never placed an order (despite many attempts) but chose colors. My ability to make changes locked about 7-10 days before I got an email telling me my bands shipped.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    I never placed an order (despite many attempts) but chose colors. My ability to make changes locked about 7-10 days before I got an email telling me my bands shipped.
    What doesn't make sense to me is that the people checking in exactly one week before me got their bands a week ago already. Logic says that I would get mine this week. I set up the colors and names 3 weeks ago and submitted the order. I haven't gotten a shipping e-mail. I expected to get them by now and I don't even think they shipped.

What is the typical time line? When in relation to your date did you get them?

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Worst case scenario (you all end up with grey), you can ask at the front desk of the hotel and they should have some non-personalized color bands for you to choose from. We added a fourth person to our reservation after we had already placed our magic band order, so they didn't even ship her one, and it was easy to pick a color there at the front desk.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I just checked my Spam folder and found the magic band confirm. Only says that they are "in the works". Maybe try you Junk mail folder just in case.
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    What doesn't make sense to me is that the people checking in exactly one week before me got their bands a week ago already. Logic says that I would get mine this week. I set up the colors and names 3 weeks ago and submitted the order. I haven't gotten a shipping e-mail. I expected to get them by now and I don't even think they shipped.

What is the typical time line? When in relation to your date did you get them?
    My trip is 2 weeks before yours and I just got mine this week (yesterday in fact), which is also behind schedule relative to your friends since my trip is before theirs. My shipment notification email came about 3.5 weeks before the trip arrival date. I think you're still good.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Sorry to hijack, but I figured it’s better to ask here than start a new thread. Any tips or tricks you found that assisted you in getting the “special” $10-$15 magic bands? I have tried 5am, 11pm, all throughout the day and evening with no luck. It’s not a make or break thing, but we were hoping to get something a little different for our collection to use multiple times. Any input on how you have been successful would be appreciated.

Thanks!

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    It's just luck. No tricks or special timing.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Yeah, there's zero skill or predictability. I would advise that you have all of your party with you every time you check, because you can't just select a few and then come back later to select the rest, which is annoying.

Thanks Dopey and Retro, this was my assumption,but wanted to double check. Blargh.....

I can’t even figure out how to order magic bands, I’m just shown a page where I can manage magic bands I already have. However, all I have is a resort reservation. Do I have to wait until I buy park tickets and link them?
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I can’t even figure out how to order magic bands, I’m just shown a page where I can manage magic bands I already have. However, all I have is a resort reservation. Do I have to wait until I buy park tickets and link them?
    You don't need tickets. Just an onsite resort reservation. The order prompt should be at the top of the same page where you manage existing bands. The "my bands and cards" page. If it's not there you probably need to call.

Just got my magic bands yesterday. They were exactly how I ordered them. The site is just glitchy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelves View Post
    The site is just glitchy sometimes.

Sometimes? In the last week, I'd say 95% of the time I was going through the process x4 it was more than glitchy. No rhyme or reason or method to the madness.

I wasn't really paying much attention to this thread until I tried to order bands beginning last week. TBH I hadn't planned on spending time on this largely based on the "extra" price tag and the fact that we have enjoyed just figuring out fun Disney names and surprising the kids with our basic colored bands over the years. Of course I was immediately hooked by several unique options, perfectly suited to each family member, so I was more than willing to pony up the extra $10-15 per. And then the fun began. 50% of the time the displayed band that I selected was unavailable (then why is it displayed FOR DAYS TO WEEKS if it's out of stock?). 45% of the time one or more selected band(s) that had been chosen and nicknamed didn't come up as unavailable until AFTER all four had been selected/named and I was trying to check out. 5% of the time (only when solid color bands were chosen) I made it all the way to check out. And the most asinine part of this is that I KEPT TRYING. Like they were giving them away or something. What a racket. What an idiot? Over the last week I bet I've wasted three hours...albeit one was when I couldn't sleep past 5am, but nonetheless, stupid.

Today the Galaxy's Edge bands that had been full price at $29.99 were knocked down to $15. This was not what I had intended, getting four of the same thing, but rational thought finally prevailed. I grabbed four, hoping that didn't put them out of stock and kill the order (as a single Haunted Mansion tux, Toy Story, or Small World band seemed to do) at the very end. MDE says I had a succesful transaction so here's hoping we get Galaxy Grey and not solid gray all around.

There’s one born every minute.😉
    Last edited by kristenb; 08-06-2019 at 07:47 PM.

We have 9 in our group, if 4 want the upgraded ones, and 5 want to wait to see if they can get a specific one, is that possible? or do we ALL have to get MB's at the same time. Thanks.
    Michele

Quote Originally Posted by Micklessor View Post
    We have 9 in our group, if 4 want the upgraded ones, and 5 want to wait to see if they can get a specific one, is that possible? or do we ALL have to get MB's at the same time. Thanks.
    You have to order all at the same time. Which is why this is such a pain. The more bands you have, the less likely to find all in stock at the same time.

ETA: I should add everyone in the same room has to order at the same time. If you have 9 people in 2 or 3 rooms, then you can make 2 or 3 separate orders and each room doesn't have to order on the same day.

Thanks Anne - that's what I thought, but was hoping for a different answer. Appreicate it.
    Michele